Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

If you are looking for more information on MyGM, FranchisePlay.me has posted a new 10 minute interview with Senior Producer Erick Boensich detailing the mode a bit in-depth. You can watch it above you here!

Also there is a new hands-on impressions article from Bleacher Report of NBA 2K14 next-gen. If you haven't yet, check out our hands-on impressions as well and be sure to read through our report on yesterday's press event for NBA 2K14 next-gen.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 fabioprince @ 10/29/13 03:30 AM
ok but if i want an association with real player, if i don't want any trade in the assiciation?
what about the sliders? are they customizable? can i edit the players?
i don't wanna see crazy trade by the cpu but i want to play an association with the real roster.
i hope we can

# 222 Hotwillydog @ 10/29/13 10:34 AM
Will you still be able to create a player and put him on the roster of your favourite team?. Then will your created player be on the roster in My GM?

# 223 PEANUTBUTTA87 @ 11/11/13 03:33 PM
I felt this way at first too, but i'm glad they still allow us to edit draft classes. but we can only edit other players "outside" of My GM, because Eric Boenisch wants us to have a "controlled experience" with his new My GM mode. I get that they want users to really play this mode, however, they are forcing us to play it by taking away FULL FREEDOM to edit player tendencies and ratings "IN' My GM. Why do that? I like to play up to almost 25 years into Association(Now My GM) mode. PLUS, after 4 or 5 seasons in My GM, current NBA stars like Lebron and Wade and many other great players on the game get old and retire. I want to be able to create future stars and superstars in draft classes, and edit them AFTER THE DRAFT when they sign with a team so that the competition level still keeps me intrigued and there is always great future role players, stars, and superstars to compete against. Lets say I create three 20 year old, 73 rated prospects to have a potential of 84. But since we cant edit their attributes and tendencies AFTER the draft is over, what if their shot tendency is 30 and foul tendency is 80? What if I forget to edit those tendencies BEFORE they get drafted? Sure, they will develop but it wont show in their play(when I compete against the draft class players I edited before the draft) and it won't show in their numbers in the league(stats). Taking away the ability to edit ALL players on other teams "IN" MyGM mode was a mistake by Eric Boenisch. I don't necessarily NEED 30 team control. In the current Gen 2k14, 13, you could go to the trade screen and still conduct trades for other teams WITHOUT actually controlling those franchises, however, I still want the option to control ALL 30 teams. Gamers need freedom.

# 224 jbug3 @ 11/18/13 08:39 PM
I wish 2k would stop throwing away features. Them taking CAP outside of MyPlayer, editing draft classes and being able to edit players is a total disappointment, especially because I am a big association mode player. Come on 2k...

# 225 jbug3 @ 11/18/13 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUTBUTTA87
I felt this way at first too, but i'm glad they still allow us to edit draft classes. but we can only edit other players "outside" of My GM, because Eric Boenisch wants us to have a "controlled experience" with his new My GM mode. I get that they want users to really play this mode, however, they are forcing us to play it by taking away FULL FREEDOM to edit player tendencies and ratings "IN' My GM. Why do that? I like to play up to almost 25 years into Association(Now My GM) mode. PLUS, after 4 or 5 seasons in My GM, current NBA stars like Lebron and Wade and many other great players on the game get old and retire. I want to be able to create future stars and superstars in draft classes, and edit them AFTER THE DRAFT when they sign with a team so that the competition level still keeps me intrigued and there is always great future role players, stars, and superstars to compete against. Lets say I create three 20 year old, 73 rated prospects to have a potential of 84. But since we cant edit their attributes and tendencies AFTER the draft is over, what if their shot tendency is 30 and foul tendency is 80? What if I forget to edit those tendencies BEFORE they get drafted? Sure, they will develop but it wont show in their play(when I compete against the draft class players I edited before the draft) and it won't show in their numbers in the league(stats). Taking away the ability to edit ALL players on other teams "IN" MyGM mode was a mistake by Eric Boenisch. I don't necessarily NEED 30 team control. In the current Gen 2k14, 13, you could go to the trade screen and still conduct trades for other teams WITHOUT actually controlling those franchises, however, I still want the option to control ALL 30 teams. Gamers need freedom.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.