Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

If you are looking for more information on MyGM, FranchisePlay.me has posted a new 10 minute interview with Senior Producer Erick Boensich detailing the mode a bit in-depth. You can watch it above you here!

Also there is a new hands-on impressions article from Bleacher Report of NBA 2K14 next-gen. If you haven't yet, check out our hands-on impressions as well and be sure to read through our report on yesterday's press event for NBA 2K14 next-gen.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Leftos @ 10/24/13 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Okay, you get fired.

Then what?
You join a different team. It's not hardcore-mode, ala "get fired once and it's game over".

# 22 flip2101 @ 10/24/13 01:58 PM
All I want to know is "Can I use custom rosters in My GM" if so im fine without 30 team control.

# 23 bigeastbumrush @ 10/24/13 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
You join a different team. It's not hardcore-mode, ala "get fired once and it's game over".
Wow.........

Thanks for the response.

# 24 cthurt @ 10/24/13 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip2101
All I want to know is "Can I use custom rosters in My GM" if so im fine without 30 team control.
This is one of the main questions I need answered before I buy this game.

# 25 cdub71323 @ 10/24/13 02:03 PM
Quote:
Along with this question, will we have a fantasy draft for this mode also?

# 26 Timdog @ 10/24/13 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Quote:
Wow.........

Thanks for the response.
I think an inclusion of "can't be fired" would be a good option. I know Out of the Park Baseball has this option. I like both. If you play with firing turned on, it feels like you are actually a GM that might have to move around the league until you find the right team in the right situation to succeed. With firing turned off, you can take control of your favorite team and try to build a dynasty with them.

# 27 quehouston @ 10/24/13 02:09 PM
I'm having a hard time seeing how anyone could hate this mode honestly. Everybody is shooting down the RPG element before it even gets off the ground good.

It's deep, and it runs circles around the stale Association we had to deal with for so long. I can't wait, most of my time will be spent with my Sixers in MyGM.

# 28 cthurt @ 10/24/13 02:09 PM
If I decide to sim the first season and go straight to the playoffs, will my gm activities automatically be simmed too??

# 29 the_future420 @ 10/24/13 02:10 PM
I really have high hopes for this mode. Every action you make has a consequence. Thats how it should be. From the sounds of it, this is the type of franchise mode that I have always wanted. What is really intriguing is the idea that everything occurs through communication (text, e-mail, face-to-face) as it does in real life. nice little touch that can go a long way in adding a small level of much needed realism for the mode. I hope that the owners have individual personalities and goals. I want some owners to be cheapskates, only concerned with their bottom line, while others who want to win at all costs, and variations in between (it would be even better if these personalities were based off the real life owners).

Also, I hope that we can create age-appropriate MyGMs. I want my gm to be a middle aged guy, and I want the option for him to look like a regular person

Now, the most important thing of course, especially given that we will only be allowed one team to control is the other GM's AI.

# 30 RocketTMac1 @ 10/24/13 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Obviously it means one season.. MyGM takes the place of multiple season mode. What I could see happening is:

1) Maybe implementation of settings such as firing OFF, edit CPU teams ON, etc.. if they are not there this year, I am sure 2K will work on getting those variables in there.

2) Maybe next year they could add a GM/COACH setting (Like Owner, Coach, Player in madden) and with GM you do all the stuff while in coach, it plays just like old association where you just focus on playing and team building, etc..

People seem to hate change and never give it a chance. In the interview, what he said makes the mode deeper and I believe in the end, will be the best for the game, assuming they can accommodate you guys who like 30 team control, etc.
This.

As long as they get 30 team control in next year I'm cool with it.

# 31 Steve_OS @ 10/24/13 02:15 PM

# 32 StanleyStutters @ 10/24/13 02:22 PM
Quote:
I'd like to know this as well. Also does anyone know if couch co-op on the court is possible in the MyGM mode? I play all sports titles with my cousin and it was a huge blow when, initially, Madden had no couch co-op option in CCM. I hope 2K doesn't take a similar route. Right now these two questions are the only thing keeping me from pre-ordering this for PS4.

# 33 SavoyPrime @ 10/24/13 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manustyle90
i might be too old, i might be too conservative, but this whole MYthis MYthat it's total bull**** to me
You ain't lying man. I guess at 36 years old, maybe sports game ain't being for my group anymore. That vid made me even less interested in next-gen 2K14 now. Damn.

# 34 lgxjames @ 10/24/13 02:27 PM
Good question about the RigginForWiggins tanking option, Or the SuckForLuck...

Does that really put you in "fired" mode or can that be an option you "converse" with the owner

# 35 LingeringRegime @ 10/24/13 02:29 PM
Watching that second video at this moment, half way through it, I am all in with this MyGM mode. Sounds incredible.

# 36 kjjnesb @ 10/24/13 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
I'm having a hard time seeing how anyone could hate this mode honestly. Everybody is shooting down the RPG element before it even gets off the ground good.

It's deep, and it runs circles around the stale Association we had to deal with for so long. I can't wait, most of my time will be spent with my Sixers in MyGM.
I think the big question here is what features and amount of user control are we losing from Association imo. Association always had bad AI but the amount of user control was unrivaled in someways.

# 37 LingeringRegime @ 10/24/13 02:41 PM
Association has become stale for me the past few years. This is a welcome change. Makes you think twice before making a decision. This will keep me playing for a while as the storyline unfolds throughout your GM career.

Get fired by the owner? Fine. Get hired by another team, meet your old team in the playoffs, and knock them out. I see a lot of uniqueness and randomness possibilities. I like that.

EDIT: I will say that I feel for the Association heads that make up a significant base. I hope that something will be released later as DLC or they blow it out for next years version.

# 38 eko718 @ 10/24/13 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston

Until you get fired and have to join another team at least. That aspect can be interesting for folks who care to run with a particular team and are a bit more interested with what happens on the court.

# 39 eko718 @ 10/24/13 03:04 PM
Now that it has been confirmed that the option to run a Season where the user can control all transactions is still in the game, I am excited to try out MyGM. I think a lot of the resistance and skepticism was due to the aspects that were removed in the redefinition of Association mode as MyGM, and seemed to be totally unavailable in the game.

# 40 Sundown @ 10/24/13 03:08 PM
Quote:
So if I'm doing a MyGM and my team loses money, I get fired and the MyGM season is over? Or do I have to start with another team?

Man...take this RPG stuff to Grand Theft Auto.

I don't have no time for cause and effect. I just want to play ball.

Who told them this was a good idea?
It's a good idea. In fact, it's an amazing idea. Real GMs deal with this every day, and folks who follow their organizations closely know this is what it means to manage an association with all it's intricacies. If you just want to play ball, there's quick games. All the ball you want. No cause and effect.

Also I think they said you can actually turn some of the stuff off and just have a boring regular season.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.