Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K14 next-gen screenshots, featuring Ben McLemore and Xavier Henry.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SouthBeach @ 10/27/13 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
maybe like wade? all faces were scanned. its not like they drew them from scratch lol
I know.

But even with Steph Curry, his face looks a bit off around his mouth.

And although we saw a blurry Wade, I ask myself "Would I have known that was Wade had I not known which team was playing in the OMG trailer?"

# 42 SouthBeach @ 10/27/13 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanan anneus
Well there's Wade in the lower right lol
Outside of facial hair, maybe his facial expression is what's making him not look very Wade-like in the face.

I'll reserve further judgement until I see a better screenshot.

Extremely critical of Wade, haha.

# 43 Sundown @ 10/27/13 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Did curry even get a face scan lol?
I think so. Curry's sporting his playoff-clincher beard. He usually doesn't have it and I don't think 2K would choose that look over how he normally looks. Lee has it too so they probably got scanned together.

Maybe the calibration was off that day. Both Curry and Bogut's eyes look a bit too sunken. Barnes also has a case of the slightly-too-round head that Curry does.

Klay Thompson looks DEAD ON though. Yowza.

# 44 JustSteve @ 10/27/13 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Glad to see all players are getting detailed make overs in next gen, i'm curious to see how Blake Griffin looks in next gen kind of surprised we haven't seen him yet.
Good point. He has unique skin and hair.

# 45 Da_Czar @ 10/27/13 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
maybe like wade? all faces were scanned. its not like they drew them from scratch lol
They said a high percentage were scanned. Some guys will refuse for various reasons.

# 46 Da_Czar @ 10/27/13 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
Man I'm holding out for a Create-A-Player video so bad! Hopefully we get extensive customisation options e.g wingspan, build (muscular/fat/skinny) etc.
You can customize your wingspan for sure, and I believe your build as well(I can't remember exactly) however your choosing from a bunch of pre-made faces. Also not sure if those can be edited though I know you can add bears and hair.

# 47 Goffs @ 10/27/13 03:40 AM
Aaargh I was afraid of this....I just had a feeling that it's going to be pre-made faces like college hoops....there goes that buzz about a deeper CAP system...

# 48 Sundown @ 10/27/13 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
You can customize your wingspan for sure, and I believe your build as well(I can't remember exactly) however your choosing from a bunch of pre-made faces. Also not sure if those can be edited though I know you can add bears and hair.
That's what I suspected. A big disappointment honestly. I was hoping for a WWE player creator engine. That would have been a lot of fun, especially with 2k taking the RPG route.

This also makes it difficult to create new players, if that's even possible.

Hopefully we get the option to use kinetic or eyetoy face scanning next year.

Wait. This is bad news for some MyGM guys who don't want their my player to look like a basketball player. Now they can't make their GM look like an existing one either. That's not going to make a lot of people happy that your MyPlayer isn't you or a real GM. Are there GM-looking old guys available?

Ack, the Park is going to be full of clones too. These are kind of strange last-gen feeling decisions.

# 49 Melbournelad @ 10/27/13 04:13 AM
So in MyGM we are going to look like 20 year olds who should be rookies in the NBA? That's...disappointing.

# 50 Goffs @ 10/27/13 04:14 AM
So its basically GTA V online with a bunch of players with preset faces and different facial hair....

Man I had high hopes in recreating missing legends with realistic faces.....sigh...

# 51 MarvinOida @ 10/27/13 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
So in MyGM we are going to look like 20 year olds who should be rookies in the NBA? That's...disappointing.
I heard the pre-generated faces are faces of those who went to the press event. So we could be Czar. And then edit that face. But that was what I took from a JaoSming video.

I hope it's not like NBA Street Homecourt. 3 faces (Generic, 2 NBA Stars) and then morph it. It may look real, unfortunately that less ability for creating a face .

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C

# 52 Sundown @ 10/27/13 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
I heard the pre-generated faces are faces of those who went to the press event. So we could be Czar. And then edit that face. But that was what I took from a JaoSming video.

I hope it's not like NBA Street Homecourt. 3 faces (Generic, 2 NBA Stars) and then morph it. It may look real, unfortunately that less ability for creating a face .

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C
They can crank out working heads that quick after the face scan?

2K Face Scan kiosks please!

# 53 Da_Czar @ 10/27/13 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
That's what I suspected. A big disappointment honestly. I was hoping for a WWE player creator engine. That would have been a lot of fun, especially with 2k taking the RPG route.

This also makes it difficult to create new players, if that's even possible.

Hopefully we get the option to use kinetic or eyetoy face scanning next year.

Wait. This is bad news for some MyGM guys who don't want their my player to look like a basketball player. Now they can't make their GM look like an existing one either. That's not going to make a lot of people happy that your MyPlayer isn't you or a real GM. Are there GM-looking old guys available?

Ack, the Park is going to be full of clones too. These are kind of strange last-gen feeling decisions.
I'm sure you guys are disappointed however would you really want created faces that may look like gen 3 with how awesome the Gen 4 scanned heads are ?

To get a player created face to show all that emotion etc. and not look crazy is probably going to take some serious work.

In the presentation they talked about how they didn't even want to put in any artist created faces because of the drastic difference between the scanned and in house artist created.

Also keeping in mind all the systems they completely rebuilt and the fact they made 2 games this year. There had to be some area's where they couldn't just blow everything out.

I had my scan done earlier so i will be in the game. I was told that those done at the even just had a scan done for them personally originally I thought they would be included in the game. It appears they will not.

# 54 yungflo @ 10/27/13 05:41 AM
There isn't an 2k clip out there, but Just to show you how detailed the face scanning is. You're not going to get that level of detail with a kinect or eyetoy.

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/clipp...EAmov-2543221/

# 55 Goffs @ 10/27/13 05:53 AM
Any chance of having Asian faces? I was planning on creating a 7'2 finesse center as my next myplayer for next gen....

I'm guessing since that myplayer has some sort of story mode that it needs to show off your players emotion? Explains the preset heads....I just hope we have a variety of faces to choose from....its just not black and white anymore since basketball is a more global sport now...

# 56 Da_Czar @ 10/27/13 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Any chance of having Asian faces? I was planning on creating a 7'2 finesse center as my next myplayer for next gen....

I'm guessing since that myplayer has some sort of story mode that it needs to show off your players emotion? Explains the preset heads....I just hope we have a variety of faces to choose from....its just not black and white anymore since basketball is a more global sport now...
When I was there they were scanning everyone they could get their hands on LOL. Janitors, whoever was near ROTFLOL! So Maybe.

# 57 DR Russell @ 10/27/13 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaints26
It seems like they're using something similar to the skin tone color palette from CH 2k8. Looks great to me.
Im sorry but there is absolutely nothing that hints or at least point to this fact. There is no way 2k is using any old technology, these faces were scanned (possibly last season). Well, at least im hoping its all new.

# 58 RangersCruz @ 10/27/13 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I have no problem with this as long as we still don't look like clay figures

# 59 cthurt @ 10/27/13 08:44 AM
I hope this pre made face thing was fully thought through, because as ugly as the current gen created guys are, I would hate to see a lot of duplicates of rookies with the same face in mygm mode but just with different names. Hopefully hair, skin color, accessories and tattoos are all random for each rookie every draft.

Hopefully for the guys like me who don't want the young looking gm, they scanned some older guys heads too. And I also wonder if we can still create draft classes this year??

# 60 LeBronistheKing @ 10/27/13 09:26 AM
My only question with the face scanning is since legends are in the game...are the legend player models of the same graphical quality as the scanned current players? Judging from the trailers, gameplay, and screenshots the player models are extremely true to life and accurate. Nothing has been shown or mentioned about the legends in the game aside from Ronnie2k confirming their inclusion. So I'm just wondering if the legend player models are the same quality as the current roster player models? Honestly if 2K released a next gen Michael Jordan screenshot on par with the LeBron, Ray Allen, and Kobe screens we have already gotten. Operation Sports would likely crash and pre orders would skyrocket.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.