Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

James Harden and Dwight Howard -- new teammates in Houston.

If there was ever a way for a game to purposefully play it safe with a championship pick, NBA 2K14 has done just that by declaring the Miami Heat the future NBA Champions according to a next-gen season simulation.

The sim had the Heat besting the Spurs 4-1 -- however once you look under the hood some interesting results become apparent. The West saw the Spurs take the #1 seed, with the Warriors getting the second seed. The Clippers and Thunder tied on record -- with the Clips getting the nod over the Thunder for the third seed.

In the East, the Heat ran away with the top seed with 66 victories on the year. The Nets also had quite a bit of distance between themselves and the Bulls in the three seed. Three teams from the east made the playoffs in the sim with losing records, with both Washington and Cleveland making the playoffs with 37 total

Conference Standings

Western Conference
1. San Antonio Spurs 51-31
2. Golden State Warriors 49-33
3. Los Angeles Clippers 47-35
4. Oklahoma City Thunder 47-35
5. Houston Rockets 46-36
6. Portland Trailblazers 45-37
7. Los Angeles Lakers 42-40
8. Minnesota Timberwolves 40-42

Eastern Conference
1. Miami Heat 66-16
2. Brooklyn Nets 62-20
3. Chicago Bulls 59-23
4. Detroit Pistons 45-37
5. New York Knicks 44-38
6. Indiana Pacers 40-42
7. Washington Wizards 37-45
8. Cleveland Cavaliers 37-45

To see more of the simulation results be sure to check out the 2K Facebook Page and check out our new screenshots from the sim.

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 J_Posse @ 10/29/13 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreckless
Yeah who knows, right. I'm just sure everyone would be cool with the sim engine if it was the Heat had gone 40-42 in the simmed season.

My point is that it is ridiculous to trumpet the game's graphical "realism" in terms of socks and tattoos and hairstyles and armbands and then fail miserably when it comes to reproducing an NBA basketball season.

Obviously they're not the same department. But since you mention it maybe they should start letting the graphics guys do the ratings -- they could hardly do a worse job.

IMO, this is not a random occurence. I felt when the game was released that VC would shortchange the Pacers and Grizzlies because they have highly rated so many inferior teams. I'm just sick and tired of the overrating of "name" players and franchises at the expense of players and teams that actually win games.
LOL

Not trying to pile on, but your posts are a bit ridiculous. The simulation engine will never be even close to 100% accurate especially when the season hasn't started. Just let it go and download a better roster off 2KShare. Plenty of guys do an adequate job over the default roster.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 62 JasonWilliams55 @ 10/29/13 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
These pics are def from an old build, becuase I just noticed that guys on the bench in the Heat vs. Spurs Finals pic have warm-ups on, but 2k already said players wont have warm-ups in the final build.
Good catch, but in another pic they have no warmups, so multiple builds in the pics.

# 63 Primo585 @ 10/29/13 03:59 PM
Hahahaha I'm sure glad I don't come on these forums anymore after the event last week.. Most of you people are dumber then I thought... The level of nitpicking has come to an all-time high questioning a sim result... You guys never heard of long injuries before?? If the pacers lost Paul George and David West or whoever for most or all of the season u think they would be higher then a 6 seed? U have nooooo idea what happened in that ONE sim season, all u saw is the result... But thank you guys for posting these stupid comments now I realize that the game is soo strong it's hard to find faults in it when ur nitpicking that hard...

The screenshots look fantastic.. The only thing I saw that caught my eye was Derrick Rose should be a tad bit more cut up that's it... I can't wait until the 15th I can hardly contain myself!!! Almost gametime gentleman!!!

# 64 cthurt @ 10/29/13 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Good catch, but in another pic they have no warmups, so multiple builds in the pics.
True, but seeing that they were in the game at one point I wonder what made them take them out of the game, they dont look that bad in the pic.

# 65 BezO @ 10/29/13 04:04 PM
Stills look great! Broadcast angle vids please?

I'm cool with the simulation results. Who knows what injuries, trades, etc. took place in it?

# 66 TCFClemson @ 10/29/13 04:06 PM
My poor poor Charlotte At least we get back our Hornets name next year!

# 67 Primo585 @ 10/29/13 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
But did 2K officially say there are no warmups? If so where? They didn't have them in the gameplay video but they didn't have cameramen either and I'm almost positive they r in?? I think the jury is still out... I won't believe anything until I get the final copy out the case

# 68 sreckless @ 10/29/13 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
LOL

Not trying to pile on, but your posts are a bit ridiculous. The simulation engine will never be even close to 100% accurate especially when the season hasn't started. Just let it go and download a better roster off 2KShare. Plenty of guys do an adequate job over the default roster.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk
LOL yourself.

What's ridiculous about expecting the game to recognize the accomplishments of the Grizzlies and Pacers? I don't expect 100 percent accuracy, but I expect some reasonable attempt at it.

So why should I "let go" of the game's poor simulation engine when there are such strenuous objections to armbands and socks being displayed incorrectly?

And I play 80 percent online, 20 percent offline, so shared/downloaded rosters are of very little interest to me.

# 69 minelevation @ 10/29/13 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxn8822
Looking at the Harden Howard screenshot above, seems like big men still tend to have bigger heads...
Pause , Pause , Pause, Pause ,Pause....

# 70 tnixen @ 10/29/13 04:16 PM
Kind of confused by some of the next gen NBA 2K14 screen shots.

In some screen shots the bench players are wearing their warm up jerseys and in other screenshots they are not wearing the warm up jerseys.

Also the NBA dancers and team mascots are missing.

# 71 DBMcGee3 @ 10/29/13 04:47 PM
Brooklyn with 62 wins??? C'mon man!!!

# 72 JHUNT3 @ 10/29/13 05:06 PM
Supringly still not even one NG screen shot of any Knicks players. Kind of makes me wonder of they screwed up the Knicks blue again & don't want any back lash from showing it ..

# 73 lakers24 @ 10/29/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
True, but seeing that they were in the game at one point I wonder what made them take them out of the game, they dont look that bad in the pic.
I think they probably decided against it as it'd be a kind of eyesore with these graphics and the warmups just disappear, then again, they could be like CG and when the players are subbed in they never put the warmups back on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Yeah I think it does. What's stopping them from going the layer route?
I honestly don't. Probably don't want to re do all the courts code and stuff is my guess as that is a lot of work with all the teams in the game, or could just be they don't feel it's that big of a deal. 2k hasn't had the best history when it comes to little cosmetic details, it seems to be changing the last couple years and big time on NG, but im not surprised by these types of things anymore.

# 74 Dr. Banner @ 10/29/13 05:23 PM
Lol so memphis doesn't even make the playoffs, and pacers barely makes it while going under 500

# 75 lakers24 @ 10/29/13 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxn8822
Looking at the Harden Howard screenshot above, seems like big men still tend to have bigger heads...
You do realize that is realistic right? They are nearly twice the size of normal people, of course their heads aren't going to be the size of a guards.

# 76 Factzzz @ 10/29/13 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHUNT3
Supringly still not even one NG screen shot of any Knicks players. Kind of makes me wonder of they screwed up the Knicks blue again & don't want any back lash from showing it ..
I sure hope not, I'm a Piston's fan and there blue was wrong too on current gen, but the way the Warriors blue looks gives me hope, they also fixed the Kings purple.

# 77 SouthBeach @ 10/29/13 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yea I was thinking the same thing when I read that. Mike Miller's defense? You lose all credibility once you say that.
Anyone who's watched the Heat play with Miller in the lineup (not just TNT/ESPN/ABC games) will understand that Miller's defense > Ray Allen, Mason Jr., and J.J.

So I think your credibility is really what's been lost here.

# 78 MontagueBall @ 10/29/13 05:44 PM
This is just silly. One 50 win team in the West? They'll have at least 6. Detroit higher than Indiana AND Indiana sub .500? Come on man! The only thing I can buy as far as position AND records is the top 3 in the East. But this is just silly.

# 79 lakers24 @ 10/29/13 05:45 PM
Anyone else check the high res versions of the screens? I noticed that it's not only faces that have been scanned, I seen moles on Dwights arm

Also w/o seeing Pierce and Garnett it's easily noticeable to tell they've been scanned by the detail on skin texture and hair patterns

# 80 MarvinOida @ 10/29/13 05:56 PM
Hey Portland looks like they did better than Lakers, Knicks, just 1 game behind the Houston Rockets, and a little behind on OKC + the Clippers. That's great! If only that would happen in real life...

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.