Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K14 screenshot comparison of Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard current-gen vs. next-gen.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 youvalss @ 10/29/13 07:17 PM
I think we need to blame ourselves for some players being a bit to skinny. Many of us have been asking 2K to tone down muscles and make player skinnier, for years. They eventually went and did it...maybe a bit too much. Still not a deal breaker, it helps to differentiate the bigger guys from the smaller ones.

# 22 Mr_Riddick @ 10/29/13 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
he gives dumb looks all the time..?
No, he just looks that way....

# 23 Gosens6 @ 10/29/13 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I think we need to blame ourselves for some players being a bit to skinny. Many of us have been asking 2K to tone down muscles and make player skinnier, for years. They eventually went and did it...maybe a bit too much. Still not a deal breaker, it helps to differentiate the bigger guys from the smaller ones.
That's the thing though, if you go and look at the OMG! trailer, D-Rose looks muscular as hell. You can tell a noticeable difference between him and a guy like Teague in the video. Not sure why it's so different in this pic. (Earlier build maybe?)

# 24 Bearsfan1 @ 10/29/13 07:46 PM
Wow. That doesn't really look anything like DRose. He looks like he hasn't ate in weeks. Weird face that doesn't fit the rest of his body.. Odd too, because in the trailer he looks a lot better. Something doesn't seem right.

# 25 Escobeats @ 10/30/13 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
That's the thing though, if you go and look at the OMG! trailer, D-Rose looks muscular as hell. You can tell a noticeable difference between him and a guy like Teague in the video. Not sure why it's so different in this pic. (Earlier build maybe?)
Agree gotte say that O.M.G trailer build of him looks better in my opinion...

# 26 El_Poopador @ 10/30/13 07:51 AM
dwights face looks spot on perfect, almost like its a picture, but they still have the jerseys looking weird. dwights jersey is usually tight. he just doesnt look like as huge in the screenshot as irl. i actually think roses face looked better in the cg version. something about his eyes is messed in ng.

# 27 Melbournelad @ 10/30/13 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
salty casual lakers still mad a FREE AGENT AKA DWIGHT and Clark left them
Great way to jump to a conclusion. Calm down.

# 28 LeBronistheKing @ 10/30/13 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I keep reading complaints about player models size, and I'm just not understanding. NBA players are not overly bulky by any means.. .with a few exceptions. I'm obviously a huge LeBron James fan, and I've seen a few people complain about his build being off, and I will go as far as to say that his player model is overall the most accurate that has ever been in an NBA video game. My only real gripe/nitpick is a wish they had scanned him at a time when he was sporting a little less facial hair/ lighter more maintained beard as this one was out of control. Although it does look that way periodically throughout the season. However back tho the original point. I feel as though there has been a bit of an overreaction and maybe years of playing with NBA 2Ks current gen's somewhat exaggerated "body builder" player models has influenced and skewed our perceptions of players actual physiques.

# 29 frankwyte81 @ 10/30/13 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan1
Wow. That doesn't really look anything like DRose. He looks like he hasn't ate in weeks. Weird face that doesn't fit the rest of his body.. Odd too, because in the trailer he looks a lot better. Something doesn't seem right.
They use different builds in the trailers. The Czar said if they capture something cool, they submit no matter what build it is. Rose had muscles in the OMG trailer, more than likely he will have muscle tone.

# 30 Jakeness23 @ 10/30/13 09:56 AM
From what I can see... Rose's leg and knee accessories need some work. Not much but definitely some editing to be done. He's far too skinny but as people have said he looked fine in the trailer. And is it just me or do some of the players skin tone seem too light?

# 31 ForeverVersatile @ 10/30/13 10:00 AM
The build from the teaser must be very early, because in the OMG trailer Rose is much more built.

pic.twitter.com/gAJdEM4GAI

# 32 Rebel_INS @ 10/30/13 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
You can see the huge difference face scanning makes over using photos. Even skin tones and no more fake looking baked in lighting from the original photo.

Rose needs to eat something though.
You're right. His arms are way 2 thin

# 33 eko718 @ 10/30/13 10:12 AM
Not the best Rose pic to use being that his body type is all wrong. In the trailers, his body type is correct.

# 34 ForeverVersatile @ 10/30/13 10:34 AM
All these previews and trailers are made with several different builds.

# 35 DASKCREW1 @ 10/30/13 11:07 AM
kinda like the current gen versions of these two

# 36 Bolt957 @ 10/30/13 11:15 AM
Nice to see that we can wear ankle braces with visible socks once again. But Rose definitely shouldn't be that thin. Face is spot on.

# 37 blues rocker @ 10/30/13 11:20 AM
yeah, they made Rose too skinny in the next gen model. Rose has pretty built arms in real life, but his next gen model is scrawny.

the screen shot of Dwight Howard is insane, though. could be mistaken for a photograph at first glance.

# 38 El_Poopador @ 10/30/13 12:10 PM
ok so heres what i see wrong with the rose pic. his face is almost perfect except his eyes. cg did better there. maybe hes in mid blink or something in the screenshot, idk. and they need to get the uniforms to be tighter. players jerseys shouldnt hang off them so much, and the bottom of the shorts are still too wide. especially in the howard pic like i said earlier, his jersey almost sticks to him irl. other than that it looks amazing.

# 39 TheSituation @ 10/30/13 02:12 PM
Tobias Harris:

Shane Larkin

# 40 SouthBeach @ 10/30/13 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSituation
Tobias Harris:

Shane Larkin

Tobias Harris has got to be one of the most accurate faces I've seen next to LeBron and James Harden.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.