Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Quote:
Coming to NBA 2K14 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One: NBA Today brings you closer to the action than ever before. Real time videos from NBA.com come straight to your console every day and bring you up to date on the latest results from the league. Check out the action from NBA Opening Night!

Source - NBA 2K Facebook

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Melbournelad @ 10/30/13 10:04 PM
Reading through the comments on the link to the 2k facebook page, just unbearable. Just embarrassing how stupid some of them are.

# 22 VDusen04 @ 10/30/13 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Reading through the comments on the link to the 2k facebook page, just unbearable. Just embarrassing how stupid some of them are.
Isn't it comforting to know that's a huge part of the crowd for which 2K is attempting to please?

# 23 Melbournelad @ 10/30/13 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Isn't it comforting to know that's a huge part of the crowd for which 2K is attempting to please?
Lol that's very disconcerting. The majority of them don't know the first thing about basketball or realise that the gameplay in 2k has been very solid for years. According to them "2k gameplay is horrible, way too many turnovers", without realising that it's the way they are playing that is causing it, and they are being 'punished' appropriately for making bad passes or running around with the ball.

# 24 CMH @ 10/30/13 10:42 PM
Not gonna lie, I looked down looking for some stock numbers.

But I like it.

Sent from my mobile device.

# 25 Gosens6 @ 10/30/13 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
But it is.

Anyway, loving the look of this. Really want to get my hands on this game and see what's up.

Also, feel like this should be noted.
Hell yeah at that tweet!

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

# 26 yungflo @ 10/30/13 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
It's not a big deal and I'm not complaining (didn't say I wish they changed it). I'm giving my opinion on the style and I'm not feeling it. I really don't care if the idea was a Vegas style or not. I'm not feeling the fonts.
you have a legit grip. its ugly to read and not easy to read. If you look at it quick glance, how would know what scores correlate with what team? it looks like it just lists random scores going down. they have to find a better way of isolating the teams. Making it distinctive so we can tell which teams played what teams and what they scored. Yeah, they have green and yellow, but at first glance, you think its a list of just statistical scores.

For example, I can easily see how someone could think the heat played the clippers and since the heat has the higher score, they are highlighted in green, thus making people think they are the winner.

# 27 yungflo @ 10/30/13 11:17 PM
Quote:
True. It's all good to me, but I admit the font is kind of funny. I feel like I'm going to have to type C:\\ACCESS to get to the updated scores.

Also, I wonder if the video will only be the Daily Zap or if there'll be individual game highlights. The Zap is a cool addition, but it's a little brief (which is the point of the Zap). Total gifthorse/mouth statement, I know.
Lol same thing came to my mind. This is some MS DOS ish from the 90s

# 28 exposedaking @ 10/30/13 11:28 PM
NBA2K14: stock market edition

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

# 29 AntLive88 @ 10/30/13 11:36 PM
Looks like the screen to one of my old Nextel phones! Smh

# 30 youvalss @ 10/31/13 12:09 AM
Quote:
True. It's all good to me, but I admit the font is kind of funny. I feel like I'm going to have to type C:\\ACCESS to get to the updated scores.
Haha. Reminds me of another basketball video game...
Spoiler

It's all good, though. Another nice touch.

# 31 Primo585 @ 10/31/13 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
you have a legit grip. its ugly to read and not easy to read. If you look at it quick glance, how would know what scores correlate with what team? it looks like it just lists random scores going down. they have to find a better way of isolating the teams. Making it distinctive so we can tell which teams played what teams and what they scored. Yeah, they have green and yellow, but at first glance, you think its a list of just statistical scores.

For example, I can easily see how someone could think the heat played the clippers and since the heat has the higher score, they are highlighted in green, thus making people think they are the winner.
If they change it it won't be till next year, so it's irrelevant... Post this comment next summer when they are developing 2K15... Maybe they will care then

# 32 yungflo @ 10/31/13 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo585
If they change it it won't be till next year, so it's irrelevant... Post this comment next summer when they are developing 2K15... Maybe they will care then
No, I post it now cause its relevant to the conversation. I'm pretty sure they read these boards. I have a feeling it will be changed anyway, as all presentation gets revamped at some point. Like others said, Not a big deal, but if its confusing some people on the boards already, I can see it confusing people at couple of glances.

# 33 NoTiCe_O @ 10/31/13 12:44 AM
Now if only they would add a virtual daily zap with actual highlights from around the leagues in my GM then they'd be on to something.

# 34 Sundown @ 10/31/13 03:06 AM
Love the feature, love the info, love the video highlights...

But damn, that's pretty ugly. Almost amateurish.

I was really expecting something that looked like SportsCenter or polished like one of the NBA mobile/Xbox apps or even the NBA website.

I'll live and enjoy it, but aesthetically, not great, and not the best readability either, with low contrast fonts on top of bright backgrounds.

I'm not digging the faux metal motif they're using for the score bug stuff either, though it's not as bad as this. I'd much more prefer something that looks cleaner like an actual broadcast. It's okay-ish though.

Kind of makes sense that they're looking for a graphic designer, I suppose. Swiss design, this aint.

EDIT: WOW. The use of color COULD NOT be worse! I thought maybe the colors would denote winners of games or stat leaders or something. No, they're used only to group game matchups and alternate for no real reason in the league standings. Feels like a programmer or an intern designed this (and I'm a programmer!). You do not use the greatest and most noticable contrast (primary colors) as mere row separators, especially when the background is ALREADY doing that.

Also low contrast red as column headers? That's a massive misuse of red.

It is not a graphical design sin to use plain old white, 2K gui intern. :P

# 35 Sundown @ 10/31/13 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo585
Summer will be too late. They'll already have nailed down their designs by then. Keep the complaints coming and early, when they're paying attention to reception. Keep them going around winter/the new year, especially if they have a second Team-Up for suggestion/ideas/gameplay guys and not just YouTube stars.

# 36 lakers24 @ 10/31/13 03:48 AM
Is it really that bad? lol.
Anyways, it's obvious they wanted to mimic the tickers that are in sports bars and sports hubs, which this is supposed to virtually be getting you caught up on all NBA news and all.

# 37 Gramps91 @ 10/31/13 06:23 AM
I really like it. I think it looks cool.

# 38 Gosens6 @ 10/31/13 06:37 AM
I liked it. Looks like one of those real old school tickers you see in some bars. Real gritty look

# 39 The 24th Letter @ 10/31/13 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Gotta love the internet!

# 40 franzis @ 10/31/13 09:22 AM
do you think that 2k will ever add in myplayer or mygm highlights from the simmed game?
I mean something like the headlines from nba.com section in the cg association mode, but with the highlights

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.