Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB has been given the green light on some Madden NFL 25 next-gen videos. For the next 4 days, he will post a new video. Today's video features True Step and enhanced graphics.

Thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Senator Palmer @ 11/01/13 11:04 AM
I hope this is a youtube compression issue or something with the way it was captured, because I'm just not impressed with the look of this at all. Nothing looks as sharp as it did in the vids I saw from a few months ago. The colors all look flat.

# 142 Sturzinator @ 11/01/13 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
You took my post all wrong. What it meant is that i hate the game, hate the way its been for years, hate the "new features" crap every year, hate how it seems like they dont try, hate how next gen will be the same and many more.

Just didnt want to say all that so left that post towards the game, not us users.
Yep, I acknowledged that a couple of posts back.

Sometimes it's hard to discern the intended sentiment from a few words on a message board. My bad.

# 143 BoomerSooner11 @ 11/01/13 11:06 AM
I'm the 452116546551510 person to say this but it doesn't matter. EA will keep putting Madden out with tweaks here and there and sell millions because there's no competition, people who have never been on a forum like this in their life will buy Madden cause "it's that time of the year, guess I'll pick up Madden." Now, if only members of this site were the ones that could buy Madden..oh man..EA would be screwed. Then protesting with your wallet would actually make a difference. I'm going to get it in a few weeks because, as a football fan, it's the only football game out.

# 144 Sturzinator @ 11/01/13 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
LOL - fair enough. Fine, keep dating her, but your *** better not drunk dial me at 3am to complain!

I would also like to thank you for having a mature conversation about 2 different points of view, without feeling the need to degrade one another - truly appreciated good Sir!
Thank you. I return the compliments in full spirit.

Smashing debate!

# 145 RGiles36 @ 11/01/13 11:12 AM
I liked the video; thought the foot planting and cuts were impressive when compared to what we've had in Madden.

That said, very disappointed that true step basically only applies to the ball carrier. I thought this may be the case b/c the secondary movement was spotty in other vids, and now it's been confirmed weeks before the game ships. It's no wonder the game doesn't look all that different.

I yearn for the day where we can say more than 'Madden is moving in the right direction'.

# 146 KG @ 11/01/13 11:14 AM
Disappointed in CJ2K's running animation. I wish Madden would reach out to the elite players and mo-cap them. With as popular as Madden is with players I'm sure the majority of them would be thrilled to come to the studio to get their signature style in the game.

# 147 bc21045 @ 11/01/13 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
LOL - fair enough. Fine, keep dating her, but your *** better not drunk dial me at 3am to complain!

I would also like to thank you for having a mature conversation about 2 different points of view, without feeling the need to degrade one another - truly appreciated good Sir!
Rex, Clint, Cam etc are supposedly a different girl though. They change dev teams every few years, imo, to prevent exactly what you're talking about. EA's comes to us like "damn your last gf was a bitch... check out this new girl though she's perfect for you!". Then a few years later EA's like "damn your last gf was a bitch... check out this new girl though she's perfect for you!" Cuz they know all us football fans are really lonely and keep coming back if there's even the slightest bit of hope.

# 148 jpdavis82 @ 11/01/13 11:25 AM
FYI:QJB just tweeted that there will be new videos coming today, tomorrow, Sunday at 3PM EST.

# 149 tfctillidie @ 11/01/13 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
But she is the only women in the world. Your choice is her or NOTHING.
So choose nothing then?

OMG THE HORROR.

# 150 jpdavis82 @ 11/01/13 11:44 AM
Come on guys lets get back on topic. What are you expecting or hoping to see from today's video that you didn't see in the one yesterday?

For me, I'd like to see some defensive players moving with True Step, and also see some 11 vs 11 gameplay from a normal cam angle.

# 151 tfctillidie @ 11/01/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Come on guys lets get back on topic. What are you expecting or hoping to see from today's video that you didn't see in the one yesterday?

For me, I'd like to see some defensive players moving with True Step, and also see some 11 vs 11 gameplay from a normal cam angle.
We're expecting to see gameplay, not grassplay.

# 152 dghustla @ 11/01/13 11:52 AM
There is no perfect game. Everyone has their opinion on what they like or what game feels better, or looks better or looks more advanced etc.

GTA just had one of the worst online releases of all time. 1 month and 4 patches later (with a 5th one on the way). It's still not fixed. Ppl give them a pass because "they've always made great games". That is a widely shared opinion. I love GTA, I don't give them a pass, they screwed up.

Read impressions on Kotaku about AC IV on PS4. They said the game played the same but was graphically enhanced, why aren't ppl complaining about that game being a port?

There was an article posted on this very website on 10/24/2013 about NBA 2k14 next gen impressions. Where the writer clearly states that the game plays exactly like current gen with better foot planting, movement and graphics. Yet ppl say "it's the only game that was made for next gen,it's not a port"

I said all that, to say this, at the end of the day like what you like and dislike what you dislike, but at a certain point as it's been stated in this thread you have to just let it go. If you watched the video and didn't like that's fine. But to come into almost every thread and say "madden is the worst sports video game" as if it' s fact doesn't enhance the conversation.

# 153 Sturzinator @ 11/01/13 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
But to come into almost every thread and say "madden is the worst sports video game" as if it' s fact doesn't enhance the conversation.
Do you mean to imply that the only way to improve the game is to speak solely of the positives?

There is much to learn from both successes and failures if only you look in the right place and are willing to take the message and grow from it. When the student is ready, the teachers will appear.

# 154 roadman @ 11/01/13 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I want to see how the extra calculations per second per player effects the AI, especially on defense. If the AI is greatly improved both on (and off) the field, I can live with the greatly nutured true step.
Bucky, I'm in the same boat as you.

I need to see smarter AI on both sides before I would like to see "living worlds."

# 155 bc21045 @ 11/01/13 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I need to see smarter AI on both sides before I would like to see "living worlds."
I agree about the AI and if they post some actual gameplay showcasing improved AI, movement (for all players) and improved oline/dline interactions I'll happily buy the game.

# 156 tfctillidie @ 11/01/13 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Agreed. Doesn't mean we should hold back on the critque of that total oversell though!

The living worlds...oversold.
The truestep...oversold.
The AI.....uh oh.

# 157 roadman @ 11/01/13 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Agreed. Doesn't mean we should hold back on the critque of that total oversell though!

The living worlds...oversold.
The truestep...oversold.
The AI.....uh oh.
Agree, except for truestep. We've known now for two weeks about truestep, but we wouldn't have known about it unless we didn't ask.

Was I disappointed about truestep two weeks ago? Absolutely, but I really didn't know what to expect with truestep, if that makes sense.

# 158 dghustla @ 11/01/13 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
I understand your frustration. But like it's been said before.. the games that you gave as examples have already solidified themselves as very good games on the current gen. Madden clearly does not have that pass. GTA's issues were procedural issues with initializing the online game. Madden's issues are basic human motion and interactions.

There is nothing to regulate EA or any video game for that matter. We hope that pride can do that. Given what 2k does. They didn't need to build NG 2k14 from the ground up.. or add a new My player or MYgm. But they did. Madden gets by every year by the skin of their teeth. Adding things that are basically essential to make the game even playable to the casual gamer.

Apart from the 1 or 2 people that eventually will post 'madden sucks'... i think everyone is voicing concerns in a relatively respectful and reasonable manner. I will never understand the optimism that some people have regarding EA, but to each his own.

EA needs to be accountable for their poor products, and for continuing to follow the same trends and patterns in their marketing and representation of their games. Who enjoys being lied to?

This is not an attack on you. What I bolded is the mentality that derails every thread. Those games have solidified their footing according to you. Madden is not a "good" game according to you (and many others who browse this madden related forum). You say that statement as if it's fact. When it's not. I know plenty of ppl who never visit this forum who think this years madden is best yet with physics and Oline improvements. If its sales that determine the perceived quality of the game then Madden is up there every year. Someone will inevitably say "ppl only buy it because they have no choice". I see ppl saying stuff like "if you like Madden you embrace mediocrity". That is an opinion it is not a fact. There are plenty of flaws in this game no doubt, but 8 pages about 2k and Mlb the show aren't making it any better. I just see alot of wasted motion that would be better served harassing EA corporate everyday or something.

# 159 bc21045 @ 11/01/13 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
This is not an attack on you. What I bolded is the mentality that derails every thread. Those games have solidified their footing according to you. Madden is not a "good" game according to you (and many others who browse this madden related forum). You say that statement as if it's fact. When it's not. I know plenty of ppl who never visit this forum who think this years madden is best yet with physics and Oline improvements. If its sales that determine the perceived quality of the game then Madden is up there every year. Someone will inevitably say "ppl only buy it because they have no choice". I see ppl saying stuff like "if you like Madden you embrace mediocrity". That is an opinion it is not a fact. There are plenty of flaws in this game no doubt, but 8 pages about 2k and Mlb the show aren't making it any better. I just see alot of wasted motion that would be better served harassing EA corporate everyday or something.
If people like the game and want to buy it that's fine, like you said whether or not it's "good" is an opinion. It's not an opinion that it does a poor job of simulating the sport though.

# 160 roadman @ 11/01/13 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Yeah the problem is they promoted living worlds as a main feature. That is the only reason is a big deal in my book. If they hadn't promoted then I could give them a pass. However, living worlds was supposed to be this game changer as far as sideline and crowd presentation. Instead, we get a current gen style sideline.
It's a big deal in my book too, but I'd rather Madden put out a video or a trailer and see if there is a difference.

There so much confusion and conflicting info going on right now.

I thought they were releasing video for war in the trenches, AI and Living Worlds. To my knowledge, I've only seen war in the trenches from Madden.

I'm waiting for that, if that doesn't happen, I'll jump in and say my piece.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.