Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

The Dolphins winning in OT on a safety, because why not?

In case you missed it, last night the Bengals fell to the Dolphins thanks to a safety in OT. The Bengals' bid for a fifth straight win was dashed completely when Miami defensive end Cameron Wake sacked Cincinnati QB Andy Dalton at the 6:38 mark in OT for a safety, giving the Dolphins a 22-20 victory.

It's not that often you see an NFL game end this way, and it got me to thinking: What has been the weirdest possible way for a game to end in Madden?

For me personally, I once lost a gameon a fumble recovery for a TD after being tackled making a fumble recovery to end the game while I was tied late.My wounds from that event have yet to fully heal.

What about you? What is the weirdest way you've ever saw a game end in Madden?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 H to the Oza @ 11/01/13 11:08 AM
This did not happen in Madden but it was the best ending to a football game I had ever played.

In NFL 2K5, my team was up a few points and had to punt the ball away with seconds remaining in the game. The defense got a good push through the line, blocked my punt, and returned it for ~50 yard touchdown to win as time expired. Couldn't believe it.

# 2 lisinas @ 11/01/13 11:11 AM
It was this year, cant remember what teams were used but i was playing cpu , 15 seconds left to play, im up by 2points, my possession on the enemy 35yard line, they have no timeouts and its 4th down , i decided to try a long field goal and i missed them giving up the ball around the midfield for them, but i thought hey they barely have any time and 0 timeouts , they are not getting this, first play of their possession its a completion to their TE in a flat , he breaks two tackles runs for around 10-15 yards and then gets out of bounds , they kick the field goal , its good and i lose , wanted to kill myself for not punting on that 4th down.

# 3 Vermin @ 11/01/13 11:37 AM
Playing as Baltimore against the Bengals in preseason play, Cincinnati roared back to erase a 13 point lead and held a one point advantage in the dying seconds of the fourth quarter. I had pushed to within range of a 30-yard field goal, and lined up for the win. Then I forgot a critical piece of information.

Madden likes to put in the backups during preseason games. This includes substituting the punter in place of the kicker. It occurred to me only as I watched the ball sail a paltry 22 yards on the attempt, and I had to settle for the loss.

# 4 cmehustle @ 11/01/13 11:42 AM
I was playing one of my boys in madden 10. I was up by 3 with 11 seconds to go and he had the ball on the 25 or 30, his own side of the field. So of course Im in a prevent. He throws like a 5 yard in, and proceeds to break a tackle from every guy on my defense like twice on his way to a 70 yard plus touchdown. Im talking hit stick tackles, dives, just standing around him hoping somebody drags him down, nothing. Lol since then I skipped 11 and 12, bought 13 but barely played it, and am still deciding wether or not Im going to go get 14. I guess I still havent got over that loss lol. Which is crazy cuz I havent thought about that until you bought up this question....

# 5 LaW97 @ 11/01/13 01:14 PM
Tom Brady retired and Ryan mallet became the starter. We pick him off maybe 4 times in the first half and go up 27-3.
For whatever reason the pats come out unstoppable. Ryan mallet even goes on to complete 8 passes in a row. No passes dropped the whole 3rd quarter.

They catch up and we end up tied halfway thru the 4th qtr. it's now a shoot out and I can tell that whoever scores last will win. 14 seconds left and mike Wallace frees himself of press coverage and beats the safety down the sideline as he catches the ball for a touchdown that has to be reviewed because it looks like he stepped outta bounds .

I go to look at the replay for myself and find he didn't step out. Whew .
Lets kick this PAT and end the game

game freezes at pause menu screen

# 6 Sportzfan0290 @ 11/01/13 01:16 PM
Was playing against a friend of mine online. Was down about 24-10. Can't remember the final score but I came back picking him off for a TD and then towards the end of the game he fumbled it on a kickoff return which won me the game with 04 seconds left in the game.

# 7 m1ke_nyc @ 11/01/13 01:25 PM
Playing a online ranked match in Madden 11 I think it was. Vikings vs Packers(me). Down by 4. Like 10 seconds left on the clock. No timeouts my opponent only needed to kneel the ball. He decides to throw a hailymary. I picked it off at about my own 25, broke about 5 tackles and ran it back for the game winning touchdown. He sent me a message on xbl saying "BS". Couldnt believe it.

# 8 WilesThing @ 11/01/13 02:48 PM
This was years ago when Culpepper and Moss were still on the Vikings. I was playing online as the Ravens vs. some random dude as the Vikings. Vikings are up by a FG with 10 secs left in the game. Dude is being cocky and trying to run it up with one last pass play.

I come around the edge with Suggs, hit the strip button as I get to Culpepper, and the ball comes out. I get up, make a beeline for the ball, and just as Suggs is bending down to pick it up, 300 lb. Kelly Gregg swoops in and snatches it from me.

Now Gregg is on my team, but he gives up about 30 points in speed to Suggs! So I head for the endzone, get to the 10 yard line, and Michael Bennett runs me down. Dude messaged me at the end of the game, "I bet you wish Suggs picked that up." He was right.

# 9 bdeezy89 @ 11/01/13 03:11 PM
I was playing an NFC Championship game against the Packers as the Falcons on Madden 12 or 13. We just scored a TD with 30 secs left on the clock in the 4th and 2 timeouts to make it 24 - 21. So I kick the ball for a touchback and they run the ball on 1st and 2nd but on 3rd with only 13 secs left they throw a screen to Jordy Nelson. I mean all the CPU had to do is run the ball and game but nope. As soon as Nelson runs Grimes strips him, picks up the ball and runs it back for a TD with 5 secs left

# 10 justcallmedaddy @ 11/01/13 03:32 PM
My Weirdest ending happened in last years madden, Madden 13. He was the Cowboys and I was the Ravens, I was down by 7 and the other player had just scored and I had about 15-20 seconds left to score again at my own twenty. I tried to get a 25-30 yard pass to about midfield and then I was going to call a Timeout and try a hail mary. Well, he ended up picking off the pass. I could tell he was holding the "cover up" button so he wouldn't be stripped, but I decided I might as well try for the strip anyways, well, one of my linemen went for the strip and went into one of the strip animations and he ended up fumbling, I fell on the ball with about 5 seconds left right about where I started in the first place. I decided to do a screen to Ray Rice, and he ended up breaking a couple tackles and I got into the endzone and tied it up.

After that, we went into overtime and I drove down the field on the first possession and I scored a TD to win the game. It was a pretty crazy game for me. I felt like I was living the Chargers - Patriots 2007 Playoff game all over again.

# 11 quehouston @ 11/01/13 04:53 PM
I lost on a 75 yard touchdown run on a scramble by Tony Romo on Madden 08, barely played any Madden since.

# 12 boodahisthe1 @ 11/01/13 07:28 PM
Down by 1..8 sec left..my opponent squib kicks it..i return it to my 40..3 sec left..Hail Mary..Incomplete, WAIT! Pass Interference in the end zone..1st and goal on the 1..QB sneak..TD!!..no time left..GAME OVER

# 13 azdawgpound @ 11/01/13 07:50 PM
mine was in 12??? I think or maybe it was 13... I was playing a co worker and he just took the lead... so I needed a td to win... I get a great KR to like around mid field... throw up a hail mary. I see my wr got behind his defense and I chuck it deep and at last second his defender comes flying over and im thinking oh great... the superman defender pick.... NOPE... my wr reached through his cb's body grabbed the ball and fell into the endzone for game winning td.

he still gives me smack about that play when I see him lol.

I didn't know my wr reached through his cb's body till I watched the replay... when I told him about it he's like yea I know I watched the replay to lmfao.

# 14 CarryTheWeight @ 11/01/13 10:46 PM
In Madden 2003, I was up 20 points in the final minute but Peyton and the Colts found a way to beat me. Still my worst defeat in any sports video game. With that being said, I made sure onside kicks haven't affected me in all the years since.

# 15 alifeincomplete @ 11/01/13 10:54 PM
In Madden, I'd really have to think about it. I haven't had that many outstanding games in Madden since Madden '10.

In NCAA, I (CMU) fumbled an interception in the end zone and MSU recovered it for the score.

In NFL 2K5, as the Patriots, I stopped a Hail Mary pass with zero time on the clock left against the Packers... only to have a flag called. Because a game cannot end on a defensive penalty, Ryan Longwell kicked a 59 yarder with the clock reading 00:00 for the win. My older brother was the Packers. He still holds this over me.

# 16 Radja @ 11/02/13 02:07 AM
very similar to last nites game. playing packers as chargers in 13 down by 1 with under 20 seconds left. i am around the 44 with no time outs. i take a shot at end zone, they pick it off and go out of bounds inside the 1.

i had not played well all game. i was my third or fourth turnover. i felt i didnt even deserve to win and just thought the game was over. i just button mashed through the play call screen and somehow got the safety on their running play. for some reason, i did not do the math that i could still win it.

i ran the clock out after they kick to me. i truly was so shocked it really took me a 20 or 30 seconds to realize i had won.

almost forgot, it was an online franchise game that had lost the server feed and so the game didn't count on my franchise. needless to say, that was frustrating.

# 17 parsons.228 @ 11/02/13 03:12 AM
This was a long time ago but....I was down by 3. My friend and I were about to get the ball punted back to us with 5 seconds left. (Of course we were much younger and I always wanted to win) I fielded the punt and broke through everybody by my 30 yard line --clear shot to the endzone to win the game.

I was telling my friend, "man, i never lose but I wouldn't mind it once in awhile." So his guy was blocking right next to me down the field....After I told him that his player pushed mine out of bounds and I ended up taking the loss. haha. I learned a lot that day.

# 18 spacedog @ 11/02/13 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmedaddy
My Weirdest ending happened in last years madden, Madden 13. He was the Cowboys and I was the Ravens, I was down by 7 and the other player had just scored and I had about 15-20 seconds left to score again at my own twenty. I tried to get a 25-30 yard pass to about midfield and then I was going to call a Timeout and try a hail mary. Well, he ended up picking off the pass. I could tell he was holding the "cover up" button so he wouldn't be stripped, but I decided I might as well try for the strip anyways, well, one of my linemen went for the strip and went into one of the strip animations and he ended up fumbling, I fell on the ball with about 5 seconds left right about where I started in the first place. I decided to do a screen to Ray Rice, and he ended up breaking a couple tackles and I got into the endzone and tied it up.

After that, we went into overtime and I drove down the field on the first possession and I scored a TD to win the game. It was a pretty crazy game for me. I felt like I was living the Chargers - Patriots 2007 Playoff game all over again.
You had to go there lol

# 19 RockinDaMike @ 11/02/13 06:48 AM
This was back in 2000 or 2001. Played my cousin, up by 6 and he was trying to run out the clock on 4th down and long, and I jumped the gun and it caused an offsides penalty but it stopped the clock! Definitely a glitch or something stupid that wasn't added in madden that year.

He has to punt it, I get it, run back was huge and chucked a hail mary to win the game with no time left. He got so pissed, he threw the remote and didn't want to play for awhile. LOL.

We still remember that game till today.

# 20 IlluminatusUIUC @ 11/02/13 08:37 AM
My craziest finish was in NCAA 12. I was Arizona State vs. Stanford (human) in the Pac 12 title game of an Online Dynasty. The majority of the game was pretty straight forward, until he scored to go up by a TD with less than 2 minutes left. I drive back down and tie it with less than 10 seconds on the clock. He decides to try a Hail Mary from his own 35, but I pick it off, juke his entire defense, and decleat Andrew Luck on my want into the endzone for what should have been a game-winning Pick 6.

BUT WAIT! It was called back for clipping, so we head into OT. In the first OT we trade TDs. In the second OT, we trade missed field goals. In the third OT, he scores but fails on the mandatory conversion attempt. So I get the ball, he holds me to 4th down. I throw into double coverage, where it is deflected to another wideout for the 1st down conversion. I score and make the 2pt to win the championship. Unforgettable.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.