Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB is back with a new video, this one looking at the new line play within Madden NFL 25 on next-gen consoles. If you can't see the video above, check it out on YouTube.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 ocat @ 11/01/13 10:13 PM
Don't expect anything to be changed/cleaned up. According to Vic Lugo, the game was finished over a month ago

# 162 charter04 @ 11/01/13 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
There are no errors in MLB The Show?
He didn't say that. An error is more like a dropped pass.

# 163 kjcheezhead @ 11/01/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Bro...if they put more penalties and bad snaps in the game...people will complain like no end...Plus anytime a sports videogame tries to implement these random sort of things it never works...I recall when Madden was riddled with PI calls to the point that all dudes would do is throw it up and get a PI...Now its almost the exact opposite...I never see them...occassionally in H2H...I just think its too difficult to implement a balance for when these things happen.

I mean how do they determine when a bad snap happens...Purely by numbers, NFL ratios?...I would be pissed to find out that some formula was in the game to cause every 33rd snap to be bad...I even think when interviewed a Dev mentioned something to the effect of having the CPU take over in that instance would cause more harm than good for those of us who play the game.

You can't hold Madden to a standard that no sports sim is doing...In the Show I have not sen any bean balls by the CPU...In 2k14 I don't think the CPU commits random hard fouls or gets technicals or plays Hack-a-Dwight. No sports game has been able to go completely organic...I don't think we are there yet...Its gonna be a while or more.
How do you think, false starts and face masks occur now? It's a random occurence. The problem is H2H, tourney guys want control over every aspect of the game. They want Madden ball money plays where they can "lab" and get the game down so if they hit Y at the right time, every time, the same thing will happen every time. Or set up a nano blitz that can't be blocked.

I didn't start playing 2k until current gen because I was a Madden fan on the ps2, but I can't bring up APF2k8 to you because that would make me a "fanboy" but that game successfully implemented bad snaps and penalties into their game. So I'll just say it can be done and leave it at that.

I just want an organic game, that has players move realistically and isn't stale and predictable. The fans that EA caters to now just want predictable. That's why they are dealing with so much negativity these days.

# 164 charter04 @ 11/01/13 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
How do you think, false starts and face masks occur now? It's a random occurence. The problem is H2H, tourney guys want control over every aspect of the game. They want Madden ball money plays where they can "lab" and get the game down so if they hit Y at the right time, every time, the same thing will happen every time. Or set up a nano blitz that can't be blocked.

I didn't start playing 2k until current gen because I was a Madden fan on the ps2, but I can't bring up APF2k8 to you but that would make me a "fanboy" because that game successfully implemented bad snaps and penalties into their game. So I'll just say it can be done and leave it at that.

I just want an organic game, that has players move realistically and isn't stale and predictable. The fans that EA caters to now just want predictable. That's why they are dealing with so much negativity these days.
Man I don't ever remember a bad snap in all my time with AP2k08. I also played plenty of cheesers online that did they same type of stuff people do with on Madden. PS2 gen EA football was much more of a cheese Fest online than now. Mike Vick anyone?

# 165 charter04 @ 11/01/13 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
I'm pretty sure I remember there being times where I would get high or low snaps effecting the timing of my dropback. I know I'm 100% sure there were times where the snaps on my field goals were messed up to where it would effect how long it took me to kick, potentially resulting in a blocked kick.
Oh ok I see what you meant by bad snaps. I was thinking of from under center. I still see bad snaps out of shot gun on NCAA and madden. I don't remember a bad FG snap in AP2K though.

# 166 kehlis @ 11/01/13 10:37 PM
Quote:
Simple...My opinion is there are many 2K fanboys here...Just like its my opinion there are Madden fanboys here...Just like its my opinion that there are people who just want good games here...Unfortunately IMO one group yells louder than the other and is tolerated more than others.

Since you are focused on absolute statements I hope mine are not the only ones you are focusing on...That would be a shame IMO...Don't think IMO (emphasis on IMO) that I don't know what your end game is...very transparent IMO
I'm not sure what you are hinting at with transparency or my end game is but if you are thinking I want to ban you then you would be wrong, I cannot either in good conscience or by rule do that because this is a conversation I am involved it, so moving on from that....

You said there are many 2k fanboys here, as well as Madden fanboys here. Please, answer what you are basing that on????? What makes a Madden fanboy at this point? What makes a 2k fanboy still?

I've played Madden and only Madden in my gaming years and that goes back to it iteration on the PC and from the sounds of it, before you were playing video game.

You are essentially arguing with people who want the same thing as you. That's what I find interesting.

You seem to be trying too hard to defend things that arent necessary which makes it so when you try and defend something legimate you have lost any credence you may have had.

See my response to you in the living worlds thread. You have yet to respond. I brought up a legitimate argument to you but you seemingly can't disptue that but instead you can try and play innocent here in this thread.

Like I told JP, I can appreciate your respect for the game, I can appreciate your want to enjoy the game.

But trying to project that upon others is the wrong way to go about your crusade.

Please, keep at it, but don't tell others how they need to feel or accuse them of being something they aren't.

# 167 kehlis @ 11/01/13 10:53 PM
Quote:
No...because its irrelevant. How does my preception of fanboy have any relevance whatsoever? It doesn't.
It does, you can't just accuse people of something and then hide behind a corner with the accusation you've made without an explanation.

# 168 kjcheezhead @ 11/01/13 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Man I don't ever remember a bad snap in all my time with AP2k08. I also played plenty of cheesers online that did they same type of stuff people do with on Madden. PS2 gen EA football was much more of a cheese Fest online than now. Mike Vick anyone?
I played about 3 seasons of that game, I had 1 bad snap that I remember and it was on a punt. It's not like they happen all the time, but they do happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quDlR7elENA

PS2 gen had its share of cheese, but it was built on the ps2 and for its time was a pretty well balanced game, I loved it. But I expect more 8 years later. We have moved on to PS4s, but throw a wr open and the db technique I pointed out in that gif a few posts back means the game hasn't come that far at all.

# 169 Danimal @ 11/01/13 11:19 PM
I actually thought this looked very good but again I need to know how it plays. I'm one of a rare breed that likes playing defensive line and they took all control out of it in the last few versions.

This all looks good but if it's just a set of chained animations I have no control over then I won't be as excited.

I still hate seeing the lame DB moves where they just stick their arms out and kind of glide by WR.

# 170 bdeezy89 @ 11/01/13 11:24 PM
Quote:
Bro...if they put more penalties and bad snaps in the game...people will complain like no end...Plus anytime a sports videogame tries to implement these random sort of things it never works...I recall when Madden was riddled with PI calls to the point that all dudes would do is throw it up and get a PI...Now its almost the exact opposite...I never see them...occassionally in H2H...I just think its too difficult to implement a balance for when these things happen.

I mean how do they determine when a bad snap happens...Purely by numbers, NFL ratios?...I would be pissed to find out that some formula was in the game to cause every 33rd snap to be bad...I even think when interviewed a Dev mentioned something to the effect of having the CPU take over in that instance would cause more harm than good for those of us who play the game.

You can't hold Madden to a standard that no sports sim is doing...In the Show I have not sen any bean balls by the CPU...In 2k14 I don't think the CPU commits random hard fouls or gets technicals or plays Hack-a-Dwight. No sports game has been able to go completely organic...I don't think we are there yet...Its gonna be a while or more.
They could easily factor in real life NFL statistics to help them determine it or bring in those sports science guys to help

# 171 AmericasTeam @ 11/01/13 11:48 PM
Well, while not perfect, today's video looked pretty good. Still not sure if I'm going to purchase, but am looking forward to seeing some actual gameplay now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 172 dghustla @ 11/01/13 11:49 PM
This thread is full of lols. For a few pages I forgot it was about that video.
I hope everyone who talks about "accepting mediocrity" is as critical of their own lives and lively hood as they are about this game. Never accept mediocrity.

All in all, bottom line is 13 days away this is all we are going to see. The game is going to play similar to current gen with improved pass rush, true step (2 players) and better A.i. And pass coverage.

Will improved coverage stop TEs from running wild? won't know until 11/15
Will improved a.i. Stop money plays?- maybe at first but with the internet money plays are inevitable to an extent.
Will new targeting system stop nano blitz? see above

If you haven't liked the game. You won't like it this year. Rex said he's moving it in a sim direction, made a lot of promises. Maybe you trust him maybe you don't. Only time will tell.

Lastly on the ppl complaining about EA "over selling or over stating features" I'm not saying it's right, but what do u guys do for a living lol? If the boss ask for a report do u tell them it's only "ok work, but it'll be better next time" or do you present that report like it's the best work of your life and let the boss formulate their opinion...I'm jut saying.

# 173 charter04 @ 11/01/13 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
This thread is full of lols. For a few pages I forgot it was about that video.
I hope everyone who talks about "accepting mediocrity" is as critical of their own lives and lively hood as they are about this game. Never accept mediocrity.

All in all, bottom line is 13 days away this is all we are going to see. The game is going to play similar to current gen with improved pass rush, true step (2 players) and better A.i. And pass coverage.

Will improved coverage stop TEs from running wild? won't know until 11/15
Will improved a.i. Stop money plays?- maybe at first but with the internet money plays are inevitable to an extent.
Will new targeting system stop nano blitz? see above

If you haven't liked the game. You won't like it this year. Rex said he's moving it in a sim direction, made a lot of promises. Maybe you trust him maybe you don't. Only time will tell.

Lastly on the ppl complaining about EA "over selling or over stating features" I'm not saying it's right, but what do u guys do for a living lol? If the boss ask for a report do u tell them it's only "ok work, but it'll be better next time" or do you present that report like it's the best work of your life and let the boss formulate their opinion...I'm jut saying.
Lol. So true. I know no one ever oversells themselves on Resume's. Ha ha.

Seriously though I'm actually glad I won't get the game until the 22nd because I'm going Xbox1. That will give me a week to see what the PS4 guys think about it after playing the real game .

# 174 huskerwr38 @ 11/02/13 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
So... Is this Giant blob with the tiny head supposed to be Tom Brady?
Here is pretty much the same photo in real life. Attachment 68184

# 175 apollon42 @ 11/02/13 12:09 AM
Whatever happened to the animations from E3 with RG3 in the pocket scanning the field. Hopefully next year they fix the quarterback animations. It's clear that the o-Line / d- line interactions have been built from the ground up. I think the whole game should've been built from the ground up. Too many ugly current gen animations.

# 176 huskerwr38 @ 11/02/13 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38

I guess I should clarify. I'm comparing the player model to real life, they aren't even close, proportions aren't even in the ball park. It looks very amateurish.

# 177 apollon42 @ 11/02/13 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Love how his face ask morphs into his shoulder pads. And how he looks like a Koopa troopa from the Mario movie.

# 178 Valdarez @ 11/02/13 12:17 AM
Whatever you do, don't look at the footwork in the video. You'll wonder where the skates are...

Wish we could get through to EA Sports that they have to replace the movement / footwork in the game. It's a game of movement, if you don't get that right, then everything else will suffer.

# 179 rootofalleli @ 11/02/13 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I tell my boss last week's report was obviously flawed, but I've listened to his criticisms, and this week's is the best report ever. My use of True Facts (tm) and Infinity Font (tm) will change the way reports are written. Last week's report was riddled with logical inconsistencies, flimsy fabrications, fudged statistics, and terrible abuses of the English language, but this week's is a marvel of flawless thinking and writing. I've literally doubled the time devoted to report writing, a wise decision that will ensure top quality reports for weeks to come.

# 180 24 @ 11/02/13 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
You do remember Madden 06 for 360 don't you? There was nothing port about it. That was the biggest problem with it. It was a bare bones game that started from the ground up. It would have been much better had it been a port. Ha ha
Yeah I made a mistake. Brain Cramp on my end. My bad

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.