Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB checks in with his final Madden NFL 25 next-gen video. Hopefully EA Sports will start showing true gameplay on a standard camera angle this week.

Thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 o Elevate o @ 11/03/13 09:12 PM
You guys do realize OS isn't really the intended audience of these videos, right?

I mean, are we really expecting in-depth info and/or straight-up gameplay from a YouTube commentator? A "popular" one at that?

Just saying, QJB is getting the opportunity to promote himself and his channel to his followers, while EA has the game promoted in a highly positively light to his followers, and YouTube in general.

Consider, for example, that in all the videos there was really nothing substantial presented, and then look at the Like/Dislike ratio and the comment sections. Not much negativity.

# 62 brent3419 @ 11/03/13 09:13 PM
but all jokes a side i want to see it with gameplay before i pass my judgement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 63 MrJCOreo @ 11/03/13 09:27 PM
The light at the end of the tunnel that is the drop of next-gen football gaming is dimly fading out into nothingness. I, as I am sure many others on this board can relate, have been supremely disappointed with what EA Sports has had to show thus far. This was supposed to be their "big break" that get all of us sim-gamers back into the fold. Instead we are relegated to more hype videos that, in all honesty, have nothing to hype from a second-hand source.

For shame...

# 64 life4eva @ 11/03/13 10:03 PM
Why do I care what is happening on the sideline, how in any way , shape or form does that bring ANYTHING to the game?

3 people putting their hands up, who cares, it's a video game, they are all going for the ball.

People complain about anything, I ben gaming since Atari then 10 yard fight and Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo. Like who cares, back then all we did was have fun period.

Could Madden be more next gen and add 100 things on the sideline and all of this other hoopla, I guess so but for about 90% of the world it just does't matter. For Next gen what we really want to see are Better graphics and physics, if they did this then game Won.

I remember now why I stopped coming to this site.......

# 65 eaw913 @ 11/03/13 10:14 PM
I'm not counting it out yet. I'm not really satisfied with what has been shown, but I keep getting a feeling the final game will be different than these videos.

There has been quite a bit of deviation between each set of videos, making me wonder what is the final build. I refuse to pass judgment until I see actual final build gameplay. I'm buying either way because I have fun with Madden 25 CG and NG has to be better in more ways than one. I doubt it'll be perfect, but eh. We will see.

# 66 ruttentud @ 11/03/13 10:15 PM
Snoozefest

Like it was said, best thing about this video is no commentary. And Andy Reid.

# 67 wordtobigbird @ 11/03/13 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by life4eva
Why do I care what is happening on the sideline, how in any way , shape or form does that bring ANYTHING to the game?

3 people putting their hands up, who cares, it's a video game, they are all going for the ball.

People complain about anything, I ben gaming since Atari then 10 yard fight and Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo. Like who cares, back then all we did was have fun period.

Could Madden be more next gen and add 100 things on the sideline and all of this other hoopla, I guess so but for about 90% of the world it just does't matter. For Next gen what we really want to see are Better graphics and physics, if they did this then game Won.

I remember now why I stopped coming to this site.......
If all madden is missing is better graphics and physics for you then more power to you. i just finished playing 5 games in my CFM and Madden could go a longggg way in the little things to keep me immersed. Mainly being the CPU AI play calling.. if they did that I could actually enjoy competitive games without boosting the CPU performance to unrealistic levels.

# 68 joshtree14 @ 11/03/13 10:21 PM
The thing that gets me the most is the fact that ea is pulling the same stunt again. I'm referring to the madden 06 cg debacle. What is shown in the skins video is defiantly not gameplay. The lighting, the crowd, The player models are night and day compared to qjb's videos. Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice???? I can't believe that somewhere in a corporate office someone actually said " hey lets show rendered footage and then give them something different. They will never call us out on it" I wish common sense was more common

# 69 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/03/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtree14
The thing that gets me the most is the fact that ea is pulling the same stunt again. I'm referring to the madden 06 cg debacle. What is shown in the skins video is defiantly not gameplay. The lighting, the crowd, The player models are night and day compared to qjb's videos. Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice???? I can't believe that somewhere in a corporate office someone actually said " hey lets show rendered footage and then give them something different. They will never call us out on it" I wish common sense was more common
They already came out and siad this wasn't in game footage and it was CG. They weren't trying to fool anyone.

# 70 joshtree14 @ 11/03/13 10:41 PM
I meant to attach an e3 pick. But after just going over pics and vids from e3, the footage in qjb's videos is even worse than e3. Even the video of just ap in that practice simulator looked better. I just don't get it. Why would you bait and switch again?

# 71 apollon42 @ 11/03/13 10:45 PM
The animations from E3 were way better. Remember RG3 scanning the field and then seemlessly taking off. Also remember that juke by Marshawn Lynch. Nine of that appears to be In the game.

# 72 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 10:48 PM
I know it seems like everyone thinks the cg footage was from E3 but that was from the Xbox One unveiling conference. What we saw at E3 and the latest videos from QJB is nearly identical, go back and watch it, freeze frame it, it's almost identical.

# 73 apollon42 @ 11/03/13 10:48 PM
If you ask me the graphics are on point and look the same. It's the player movement that looks like a port and is not what they showed at e3. The only thing that looks better is the offensive line. But everything else looks like current gen. They should've rewrote everything not just the line.

# 74 SageInfinite @ 11/03/13 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
No actually they didn't. They said something along the lines of the video was created using tools from the ignite engine. They never said it was CG. Why show a video of something that will look or play NOTHING like it?

False advertisement much?
They said in-game assets, but said it was all pre-rendered. I can't say they lead anyone to believe that that was the actual game.

# 75 SageInfinite @ 11/03/13 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I know it seems like everyone thinks the cg footage was from E3 but that was from the Xbox One unveiling conference. What we saw at E3 and the latest videos from QJB is nearly identical, go back and watch it, freeze frame it, it's almost identical.
Graphically yes, animation wise, no.

# 76 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
They said in-game assets, but said it was all pre-rendered. I can't say they lead anyone to believe that that was the actual game.
I think they said it was their target, I expect the crowds and sidelines to look like that in Madden 15.

# 77 SageInfinite @ 11/03/13 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think they said it was their target, I expect the crowds and sidelines to look like that in Madden 15.
I don't expect anything but disappointment when it comes to Tiburon, but I do hope they can achieve that.

# 78 drewst18 @ 11/03/13 11:14 PM
For $10 this upgrade is a steal imo

# 79 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 11:17 PM
Quote:
And I believe they've already setup their excuse for Madden 15 (Shortened Dev Cycle - which btw they said multiple times during the Sim perspective interview).

But I find it completely hilarious that you have such faith in this Madden 15 title that will have at best a 8 month development cycle. When in 2 years of Next Gen dev time... TWO YEARS... nothing was accomplished.
You lost me at nothing was accomplished, that's a flat out lie. Everyone who I've talked to who has had a chance to play the game, including a big time 2k guy I talked to on twitter, told me that the game feels more realistic, the pocket forms realistically and the game overall is a lot better on next gen.

Maybe what some people wanted wasnt accomplished in ONE year not two, but don't say nothing was accomplished.

# 80 jpdavis82 @ 11/03/13 11:19 PM
Quote:
And I believe they've already setup their excuse for Madden 15 (Shortened Dev Cycle - which btw they said multiple times during the Sim perspective interview).

But I find it completely hilarious that you have such faith in this Madden 15 title that will have at best a 8 month development cycle. When in 2 years of Next Gen dev time... TWO YEARS... nothing was accomplished.
My hope and excitement comes from what I know from people who have been telling me since Cams arrival what was coming. These same guys told me not to expect a ton of improvements on M25 next gen but that M15 would blow people away. I have zero reason not to trust my sources about this. They told me what to expect in M13, M25 cg, and now M25 next gen and M15. They've been almost 100% accurate with what they've told me so regardless of what people want to believe I am expecting what they are telling me to be exactly what these games are. I'm a very integrity based person and I wouldn't just make these statements without having a reason to. I originally said what I did about M 25 next gen because IMO I felt that would happen with the game, then my trusted friends I'm talking about quickly brought it back to earth to let people know that M15 would be THAT game and from now on after that. They've been right so far, lets hope they continue to be.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.