Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB checks in with his final Madden NFL 25 next-gen video. Hopefully EA Sports will start showing true gameplay on a standard camera angle this week.

Thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Boilerbuzz @ 11/04/13 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It is impressive what NBA next gen did and built it from the ground up. I'm not sure that we can compare the two at every level though.

In the NBA you have 12-15 player models per team, in the nfl you have 50-60 player models per team, you have 15-25k fans in NBA stadiums vs 70-100k in the NFL.

I think if 2k made a soccer game that would be a better comparison, especially with the stadium size. The NFL and football in general is just much more detailed than basketball and there's a lot more happening at once.

That doesn't take away from what NBA 14 team accomplished, I'm just saying its at a much smaller scale.
Fair. But just to hit on a couple of your points.

1. In NBA game, you have 10 players compared to 22. But you are zoomed in MUCH closer and there is more detail in the models and the textures needed. Also, the crowd is closer to the action. So, in gameplay cameras (where you are talking about) there are hundreds of crowd and sideline actors that need more detail than NFL. In a football title, they can be 2D cutouts done right and it would look OK. So, actually, you're WAY off in your statement that there's more detail in football than in basketball.

2. IF 2K could do a soccer or football game. That "IF" lays at the feet of EA and it's exclusive happy practices. But, if we're going apples to apples, the detail in NFL 2K5 compared to Madden 2005 is a good indicator.

# 122 ABR173rd @ 11/04/13 12:17 PM
Quote:
I'm just going to make a Bash JP thread, y'all have a nice day.
JP,

Relax dude it isn't even like that, you've done a great job of posting content here before most of us realized that it was available and have offered some speculative information as to where Madden is headed. You of all people should know that if you come to a forum dedicated to Madden and try to debate about the future of this game that people are going to respond negatively. It has nothing to do with you personally, it's just the negative sentiment surrounding EA due to their own shortcomings.

# 123 thaking252 @ 11/04/13 12:35 PM
calm down fellas, in 11 days we will know whats real. My take on it is EA don't see the need to release raw gameplay footage because you will have to actually play the game to feel the difference and if they did release the raw footage you guys would be bashing madden even worse, so I don't really blame them for not putting that footage out there. I actually think they gameplay for this transition is to undersell and over deliver, atleast that's what im hoping. Im getting the PS4 with 2k so im gonna just wait and see what the reviews both public and OS are before I get Madden tho

# 124 m1ke_nyc @ 11/04/13 01:27 PM
Quote:
I'm just going to make a Bash JP thread, y'all have a nice day.
Just hear me out. You told us Madden 25 current gen was gonna be a great game. It wasnt then you said Madden 25 next gen will be that game we are all waiting for. From the footage we have seen you are wrong again and now your telling us Madden 15 will be that game. On top of that members are saying you have been making comments like this for years. You put this on yourself. Nobody is bashing you, people are simply calling you out for the BS. How many times are you gonna tell us "next game" ? You defend it with your life, you end up being wrong, then you say next year.

# 125 VinnyVegas28 @ 11/04/13 01:52 PM
I understand many of you are frustrated with EA, and it is understandable. But lets leave JP out of this and not take out our frustration on him. If it weren't for JP, we wouldn't even have all of the Madden information to even talk about. Most of the Madden news is posted by him. I don't know about you but I rather have the Madden news than not have it at all leading up to the release. The guy wants what we all want, hope for the future of Madden! Nothing wrong with that. Despite the information about living worlds and other features that are being completely bashed, I will reserve my final judgement to when I actually have the game in hand.

# 126 Boilerbuzz @ 11/04/13 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
I understand many of you are frustrated with EA, and it is understandable. But lets leave JP out of this and not take out our frustration on him. If it weren't for JP, we wouldn't even have all of the Madden information to even talk about. Most of the Madden news is posted by him. I don't know about you but I rather have the Madden news than not have it at all leading up to the release. The guy wants what we all want, hope for the future of Madden! Nothing wrong with that. Despite the information about living worlds and other features that are being completely bashed, I will reserve my final judgement to when I actually have the game in hand.
Wait. That's wrong. First, people voice their disappointment and/or frustration with where they feel Madden is going (or not going in some cases). This is when JP jumps in to tell them that they shouldn't feel the way they feel. THAT is when JP bares the brunt of the backlash. He should just let folks vent and leave it alone. They already get what they feel is a "sales job" from EA. Why get it from one of their own? Folks resent that.

# 127 analogdan @ 11/04/13 02:14 PM
"This looks disappointing" ... "I'm still going to buy it"

Hilarious. What incentive does EA have to change if people still buy their crappy product? NONE.

Learn how capitalism works. Vote with your wallet. At worst, buy the game used.

# 128 msdm27 @ 11/04/13 02:20 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before here or on another thread, but this literally killed any glimmer of hope I had for Madden in the upcoming years...

Look at this nugget of twitter conversation between our boy jp and kane (equipmentguru)

1. Josh@jpdavis1982 19 Oct
    @Equipment_Guru Gotcha. Are all the helmets and jerseys fixed on next gen to your satisfaction or still some issues?

2. @jpdavis1982 still issues of course I just didnt have enough time but theyre better

3. Josh@jpdavis1982 19 Oct
    @Equipment_Guru that's good, did the Vikings numbers get fixed? Dolphins still have blue socks? Bills blue jersey and pants color fixed

4. @jpdavis1982 we don't have the tech for the vikes numbers

5. @Equipment_Guru Will you be able to get it in the future? I'd think with next gen tech you could do it eventually

6. Dustin Smith@Equipment_Guru 19 Oct
    @jpdavis1982 not in my hands but I sure hope so

THEY DON'T HAVE THE "TECHNOLOGY" FOR THE VIKINGS NUMBERS FONT!!!!!!!!!
Just think about that statement for a couple of seconds... and can a nice gentleman on the forums please find the appropriate WTF gif for said statement?

What type of high end tech could be needed to get a font right???... Heck, imagine if you were to play NBA 2K14 with the Heat and their jerseys had the team name in TimesNewRoman font!!!!! SMH!

Point being.... they HOPE to be able to get the tech to get uniforms right in the future, but somehow we're supposed to believe they'll develop the tech to have realistic player movement or even better player models.

By the way, this is not a personal attack at either jp or kane.. it just goes to show how long this game has to go. It is a minor detail (uniform font) but if such minor thing takes more than one cycle to get right, imagine how long it will take for the real root issues with the game to be fixed/added.

# 129 Boilerbuzz @ 11/04/13 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
THEY DON'T HAVE THE "TECHNOLOGY" FOR THE VIKINGS NUMBERS FONT!!!!!!!!!
Just think about that statement for a couple of seconds... and can a nice gentleman on the forums please find the appropriate WTF gif for said statement?
Fonts are more complex than most people think - but I have to admit that I AM surprised by this. EA has been one of the best in these terms. I'm floored, actually.

# 130 msdm27 @ 11/04/13 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Fonts are more complex than most people think - but I have to admit that I AM surprised by this. EA has been one of the best in these terms. I'm floored, actually.
And I posted that just to go back to my original point... the answer to why we don't get those things can't be "we're focusing on gameplay first"... they have different departments/budgets...

I honestly have no idea what they use their time & resources on... Jp even asked if they got all helmets/uniforms issues right and the answer was... there wasn't time to get all of them.

Like WTF?!?!? I look forward to getting accurate uniforms/equipment by Madden 25, as in the year 2025

# 131 NicVirtue @ 11/04/13 03:28 PM
Thats absurd. The only excuse for not having a font style is simply not having the font in the game. There is no unknown mystery of lack of tech. There is no science to it. They just don't have their number font in the game. If that is the case, that they could ignore THAT but show us blades of grass, then that speaks volumes about how much they care about how the game looks, visually. The average person with decent skills can make that number font from scratch, ala Backbreaker logo maker. Why is this difficult for the people who actually make the game?

# 132 ThrowBack @ 11/04/13 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Thats absurd. The only excuse for not having a font style is simply not having the font in the game. There is no unknown mystery of lack of tech. There is no science to it. They just don't have their number font in the game. If that is the case, that they could ignore THAT but show us blades of grass, then that speaks volumes about how much they care about how the game looks, visually. The average person with decent skills can make that number font from scratch, ala Backbreaker logo maker. Why is this difficult for the people who actually make the game?
I don't think this is as easy as it seems. The left and right numbers on the Vikings jersey are 2 different kinds of fonts. They have to program the way fonts are read on the Vikings jersey in a completely different way than all the other teams.

# 133 msdm27 @ 11/04/13 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
I don't think this is as easy as it seems. The left and right numbers on the Vikings jersey are 2 different kinds of fonts. They have to program the way fonts are read on the Vikings jersey in a completely different way than all the other teams.
If that's so difficult... then how difficult will it be for them to ever program two legs to move realistically on each player on the field?

# 134 jpdavis82 @ 11/04/13 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
There's this thing called pride. And sadly, they seem to lack it.
I don't sense that with Cam Weber and Rex Dickson. They are taking things personal and working very hard to give us the game we've been wanting. I think the more you guys see of next gen this year, and especially with M15, the more you guys will start to see they take pride and are serious about this.

I don't expect many of you to change your opinions until you see results, nor should you. If I hadn't heard the things I've heard from someone I trust and has proven himself for years, I'd be just as skeptical as many of you are.

I may be optimistic, but that doesn't mean I can't understand why you guys are pessimistic and feel the way you do about things.

# 135 Jet Sufferer @ 11/04/13 05:00 PM
[quote=jpdavis82;2045627688If I hadn't heard the things I've heard from someone I trust and has proven himself for years, I'd be just as skeptical as many of you are.[/quote]

Is this your source?

# 136 Dolphins88 @ 11/04/13 05:01 PM
im saying cmon man....i don't have hope for this franchise this gen either.. give us back our 2k football

# 137 ABR173rd @ 11/04/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Like I said before, I think Cam and Rex are working very hard to give us the NFL football game we have been wanting too, but just like the people responsible for the uniforms, they don't have the technology! The current outdated buggy engine wont' get the job done! EA's management refuses to spend money on resources that will give the Madden team the best chance to make the best possible NFL football game.
So Cam, Rex and crew have to attempt to make miracles happen with the junk they have. It's not their fault, at the end of the day the customers that get screwed, I refuse to support this by purchasing the game. This is the result of a monopoly!!
You made a valid point which I tried to touch on earlier, I was actually tempted to start a separate thread regarding the financial situation of EA after listening in on their recent earnings call. Digital content is what drives revenue for EA, currently it accounts for almost 40% of their GAAP reported revenues. In terms of packaged software (Madden) their sales outlook as per P. Moore for this current generation and the release for next gen is "soft" meaning they forecasted Madden to not sell as well while they were in development and thus allocated resources accordingly. After listening to the earnings call it is abundantly clear that Madden is not a top priority at EA, FIFA, SIMS, Battlefield 4, Star wars and next gen Star wars and their drive into the tablet and smartphone market are where they see the majority of their future revenues coming from and have been planning accordingly.

In short, the big money makers for these sports games is the Ultimate team feature that is the gold mine which is derived from packaged software. The only positive take away was (I believe) Moore's reference to pushing more resources into the ignite and frostbite engines. The guys driving the bus are solely worried about getting the game into the hands of people that are going to spend money on Ultimate team content. Take it for what it's worth.

# 138 hawley088 @ 11/04/13 06:14 PM
We are close to 1 week away from Next Gen, this was the game around E3 I was so excited about! I couldnt help but think what next gen could do for madden, I was thinking 2k graphics, revamped gameplay, photo realistic stadiums...everything we have wished to have from current gen but now we have the console with the power to do things we probably cant even think of right now.

1 week away and we have seen nothing but blades of grass and close ups of feet and shoulders. Just a few months ago I was dreaming about this game, fast forward to right now, I have ZERO hype.

Great job EA

# 139 Boilerbuzz @ 11/04/13 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
Guys settle down.. I spoke to Rex and Clint and they are very excited about the True Font ™ feature coming to next gen madden in the next few cycles. They aren't where they want to be yet... but they hope to expand on the feature to allow for full resolution of the vikings number fonts and textures. Their new tech can make up to 400 calculations per second to determine how a jersey font should look, smell and feel. It's incredible stuff.
I have to ask: How would Clint know? He's a gameplay designer, right?

EDIT: Oh, I see what you did there.

# 140 CT Pitbull @ 11/04/13 07:08 PM
Quote:
I don't sense that with Cam Weber and Rex Dickson. They are taking things personal and working very hard to give us the game we've been wanting. I think the more you guys see of next gen this year, and especially with M15, the more you guys will start to see they take pride and are serious about this.

I don't expect many of you to change your opinions until you see results, nor should you. If I hadn't heard the things I've heard from someone I trust and has proven himself for years, I'd be just as skeptical as many of you are.

I may be optimistic, but that doesn't mean I can't understand why you guys are pessimistic and feel the way you do about things.

I agree with those guys passion to get it right. So many questions though.

Will they get the time?

Will they get the resources aka cash money?

and the big one...

Do they have the TALENT at EA Sports to make and deliver on their "vision" of what they think we ALL want?

like I said, im routing for them but I don't want to wait till im 40 to get a complete game of football.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.