Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the MLB 14 The Show teaser trailer and let us know what you think!

As announced on MLB Network, the cover athlete is Miguel Cabrera. In the trailer, Russell Ramone announced that the game will be fully featured.

Also other tidbits include each stadium featuring roughly 8x the detail of current gen, and players which are ridiculously detailed with up to 40,000 hairs modeled. Another cool tidbit is that there will be 1,000 unique fan models at each game, meaning the crowds will likely look much better than anything we've seen.

The official Twitter account mentions that you can receive $20 worth of in-game currency, by pre-ordering from GameStop. As of this posting, it isn't available for pre-order.

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TheBleedingRed21 @ 11/04/13 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincramps
does this mean we can carry over mlb 13 saves in mlb 14?
Starting with 14 probably means 14 and beyond.

# 42 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 11/04/13 10:00 PM
The last time I played the show was mlb 09 the show on ps2 a few years ago, man I can't wait for this.

# 43 opd897 @ 11/04/13 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
The models look okay...after seeing what nba 2k14 did I was honestly expecting a bit more.

The PS4 pic of Werth clearly says, "work in progress". We are a ways off from seeing the final product. Having said that, I think it looks great.

# 44 seanjeezy @ 11/04/13 10:04 PM
Quote:
The models look okay...after seeing what nba 2k14 did I was honestly expecting a bit more.
WIP, they have 4+ months left

Think about it, everything we've seen from 2K looks amazing because the game is already finished. IMO what was just shown looks as good, if not better, and we're still a ways away from release.

# 45 Lovesports @ 11/04/13 10:04 PM
I hope they have more player models and get rid of those baggy sleeves

# 46 Factzzz @ 11/04/13 10:05 PM
Quote:
I hope they have more player models and get rid of those baggy sleeves
And have unbuttoned jerseys has an option

But this is about as good a start as we could have hoped for, especially since it is early November.

# 47 RangersCruz @ 11/04/13 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
I think NBA 2K is the best game graphically heading into next gen. With that said to be fair we saw a very limited look at the MLB 14 player model. Werths beard looks just as good as Hardens beard IMO.
I like what 2k has done with the sweat on players as well , the lighting ect

This adds all onto basketball is more exciting and fast paced certainly helps

# 48 Lovesports @ 11/04/13 10:06 PM
I agree with you guys, I did jump the gun a bit. Once we see more footage it will be fair to say.

# 49 RangersCruz @ 11/04/13 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
And have unbuttoned jerseys has an option

But this is about as good a start as we could have hoped for, especially since it is early November.
I hope we get to wear chains/necklaces you know how pitchers more so do it

# 50 RangersCruz @ 11/04/13 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I said the game looks great. Reading comp problem I see.
LH all the respect for you but some people might get annoyed if you bring up you're not getting the next gen on these threads

I personally don't care just saying though

# 51 AC @ 11/04/13 10:10 PM

I'm hyped. Everything shown has been perfect so far. Loving the saving time feature. And transferring your franchise file is going to be insane.

# 52 LowerWolf @ 11/04/13 10:14 PM
Wow. Just wow.

So glad I decided not to wait on the PS4 now. But now I have to wait for MLB 14.

# 53 ajblithe20 @ 11/04/13 10:14 PM
Less than 2 weeks from the PS4 release, and they have to throw this out there! I was just about to become content on what I have in terms of video games and now I have to be really excited and anxious for MLBTS 14's release!

# 54 Factzzz @ 11/04/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
I hope we get to wear chains/necklaces you know how pitchers more so do it
Yes, and definitely that too.

I just hope that SCEA can replicate how actual MLB players look on the field even more than they have already. Whether that be different fitting jerseys, unbuttoned jerseys, chains, and any other things that are not in the Show currently.

# 55 StormsWarning @ 11/04/13 10:18 PM
Quote:
don't even start to try and critic this game, i don't know how long Russell & crew has had to start work on this game, but i can guarantee, this WONT be like all other titles on ps4! the screen on the models said earlier progress! when Russell and crew do work, you better believe its to the max and done CORRECT! when the final build of this game drops, i promise jaws will hit the floor...

# 56 RangersCruz @ 11/04/13 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Yes, and definitely that too.

I just hope that SCEA can replicate how actual MLB players look on the field even more than they have already. Whether that be different fitting jerseys, unbuttoned jerseys, chains, and any other things that are not in the Show currently.
Maybe even a little of that lester vaseline? is that asking too much lol?

# 57 legacyme3 @ 11/04/13 10:38 PM
Obviously all the beard detail excites me as a Red Sox fan.

I am very very intrigued by this.

Now I just need 400 bucks for the PS4, another 400-600 for a decent HD TV and set up, and 60 dollars for the game itself.

Anyone want to make a donation?

# 58 TheBleedingRed21 @ 11/04/13 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyme3
Obviously all the beard detail excites me as a Red Sox fan.

I am very very intrigued by this.

Now I just need 400 bucks for the PS4, another 400-600 for a decent HD TV and set up, and 60 dollars for the game itself.

Anyone want to make a donation?
I asked earlier was hoping Russell could say if Redsox beards would be accurate and each player had their own style beard. Each beard is different. Will be disappointed if there are players who have long beards medium and short and no variation like the real life beards.

# 59 LowerWolf @ 11/04/13 10:48 PM
Amazing to me that we've gone from this:

To critiquing how the beards will look. Man, we've come a long way.

# 60 cornbread2012 @ 11/04/13 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
From the trailer. Not to continue the Madden hate but SCEA just reminds you passion and leadership on these sports games still exists
Who are you telling! Especailly when he said the crowd modles went from 43 to 1000 What the french toast has EA been doing this whole time attention to detail is lackluster over @ Ea

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.