Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the MLB 14 The Show teaser trailer and let us know what you think!

As announced on MLB Network, the cover athlete is Miguel Cabrera. In the trailer, Russell Ramone announced that the game will be fully featured.

Also other tidbits include each stadium featuring roughly 8x the detail of current gen, and players which are ridiculously detailed with up to 40,000 hairs modeled. Another cool tidbit is that there will be 1,000 unique fan models at each game, meaning the crowds will likely look much better than anything we've seen.

The official Twitter account mentions that you can receive $20 worth of in-game currency, by pre-ordering from GameStop. As of this posting, it isn't available for pre-order.

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 24 @ 11/05/13 09:14 AM
Pretty Much solidified purchasing the PS4 for me. Thank you Russell for putting out another outstanding game.I would have never thought in all my years that a video game could look this real.

# 82 Lovesports @ 11/05/13 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Player models still look to cartoonish, they need to aim for real skin textures and tones...I like the hair effect but still not liking those fake looking faces....

On another note, 42 vs. 1000 different crowd models is going to look impressive in those detailed stadiums...I can't wait to see more. My favorite baseball series since MLB 2000..
Thank you...I thought I was going crazy. I'm glad everyone is super hyped and so am I, and I understand that it's very early in the game progrees, however the players still look cartoon-like. Hair looks good though.

# 83 Dogslax41 @ 11/05/13 09:39 AM
That ladies and gentlemen is why I will be picking up a PS4 in 9 days. I could not care less about any of the launch titles, but would spend the $400 even if all I could play was the Show. As if the wait for pitchers and catchers to report wasn't bad enough alone now I have to sit around for 5 months and play what will be very good games the entire time knowing that I would rather be playing something else.

The Werth shots are good, but that shot of the Fenway scoreboard...wow. That was the shot that has me excited. The attention to detail and the worn look is fantastic. So far the biggest benefit I have seen from next gen is lighting and no other game will benefit more than the Show from that additional capability with respect to lighting. I also can't wait to see what they do with dirt particles and can't even imagine what they are going to do to what was already the best looking crowd in sports games.

# 84 Lovesports @ 11/05/13 09:54 AM
werth looks like jesus with that ora of light around his head when he is walking lol

# 85 Formula1Racing @ 11/05/13 10:05 AM
The reason why I pre-ordered the PS4 console, for MLB The Show 14. I can't wait!!!.

# 86 TreyzAllDayz @ 11/05/13 10:08 AM
This looks unbelievable! I'm not sure EA can put out another baseball game that can compete with this.

# 87 jr86 @ 11/05/13 10:39 AM
No offence to Cutch(who would have been deserving this year) but....

Miggy as cover boy....in my best Lebron impression

It's About Damn Time!!!

and i'm not even a Tigers fan....

# 88 Geolink @ 11/05/13 10:57 AM
Might be getting ahead of myself, but hopefully we get to see team specific uniforms for the All-Star game next gen!

# 89 tnixen @ 11/05/13 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
Might be getting ahead of myself, but hopefully we get to see team specific uniforms for the All-Star game next gen!
I think there is a very good chance this will finally be in. I would think with 8GB of ram this should now be possible along with all the other little things that we have been asking for over the last few years . Obviously we will not get all the "little Things" in the first next gen version but over the next few years I would be shocked if we did not get 99% of the things gamers have been asking for.

Of course this is only my opinion and someone like Russell for example may totally disagree with me

# 90 Ivanhoe @ 11/05/13 12:02 PM
The game looks...AWESOME! I can't wait to see how the CAP system looks.

Now, I just have to find a PS4...it's going to be a long winter.

Oh yeah, MiGGGGGGGGGGYYYYYY!!!

# 91 tessl @ 11/05/13 04:33 PM
I plan to buy the ps4 version the first day it is available but watching the video when Ramone says the game will be fully featured and then rattles off the same features which are in the current version I have a feeling we aren't going to see something like owner mode or the ability to create or relocate a team.

Maybe I'm reading too much into his comments.

# 92 Cubfan @ 11/06/13 06:30 AM
I hope the commentary system is seeing major changes. I hope we get more flow from the commentary team talking about stats, stories about the teams and players etc.

# 93 RandyBass @ 11/20/13 09:07 PM
For comparison, first baseball video game I ever played, "Home Run" for the Atari 2600:

Game came out in 1978. You actually had to hit it over 2nd base for a HR, and I believe that screenshot shows Jim Rice squaring off against Don Aase. Or maybe that's Pat Dobson, tough to tell.

And in case you were wondering what Pete Rose, Pelé, and Don Knotts have in common:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JAIy1fSoNo

# 94 douggoud @ 11/20/13 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
If I remember correctly, Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2013 (Japanese baseball game for those who don't know), I believe that they had this on the PS3. Of course, they only had to render 12 different jerseys instead of 30. All the same, I'm fairly certain that it will be done at some point on the PS4. Maybe not in 14, but one of them will most likely have it.

All the same, I can't wait for this one. I just hope that CAP's will be able to have longer hair, maybe not Tim Lincecum-esc, but like Jason Werth.

And, while it's just a pipe dream, I hope they have the ability to have an expansion team in 14. They already have the jersey creator from Diamond Dynasty. Just have like a couple pre-made stadiums for the (what I would expect) 2 expansion teams and make the second team that you probably won't be controlling a pre-made team, or to where you can edit it yourself if you so do please.

Maybe even add a stadium creator later on. Of course, I'm pretty sure none of this will be in the first game on a new console, but hey, a guy can dream right?

# 95 tdoggy57 @ 11/21/13 08:45 AM
Russell is an awesome dude, I have no doubts this game will be amazing.

# 96 Dolphins88 @ 12/02/13 12:53 PM
Bought the ps4 w nba2k just for this game.. Looks awesome! Epic
I wish these guys or 2k would do nfl or hockey .

# 97 RangersCruz @ 12/02/13 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
I hope the commentary system is seeing major changes. I hope we get more flow from the commentary team talking about stats, stories about the teams and players etc.
This and i hope the option is in road to the show to turn commentary on i couldn't stand batting or pitching in silence

# 98 dickey1331 @ 12/03/13 04:00 AM
Cant wait! March will be bittersweet for me.

# 99 Battman @ 12/03/13 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
This and i hope the option is in road to the show to turn commentary on i couldn't stand batting or pitching in silence
THIS! It still feels like a bug and nobody can convince me otherwise. RTTS lost so much this year because of this and the fact that the stats are broken after a few years into your career. Since 2018 there was no season with less than 40 players in the NL with an AVG above .300.

First MLB ever (i started with MLB 2008 ) with such serious flaws. First MLB since 2009 which will not be preordered although I own a PS 4 and definitely love the idea of 60fps baseball. I hope for the best.

Question for Ramone: Will the PS4 version be available for download in Europe (I am from Austria)?

# 100 Falcon999 @ 01/27/14 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Nope the feature set is identical. Graphical fidelity is another thing.

Hmmm...is having a closed roof version of those 6 stadiums is a feature or just a graphical fidelity ??

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.