Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

PlayStation.Blog has posted some more MLB 14 The Show details in their latest blog.
  • You can now carry over your saves to future versions of MLB The Show. MLB 14 The Show lays the foundation for year-to-year saves, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over.
  • For some of you, full 9-inning baseball games may be too long for your liking, so we’ve created an all-new Quick Counts option, which utilizes generated pitch counts allowing gamers to play through full games faster than ever. Realistic statistics in this shortened gameplay experience have not been compromised. Users will now be able to play a full 9 inning game in less than 30 minutes, essentially cutting traditional game times in half.
  • We think Road To The Show is the deepest, most realistic single-player experience in sports video games, and we’re making it even better. A few of the new features include a new advancement system, new intuitive player creation process, and all new pre-draft prospect showcase.
  • What makes baseball great are those “big moments.” The power of PS4 will allow gamers to share those moments using the new “share feature” by capturing and publishing their most thrilling baseball moments, from hitting a game-winning grand slam, to picking off a runner at first for a crucial win in a World Series game.
MLB 14 The Show arrives for PS3, PS4 and PS Vita in the Spring of 2014.

Source - PlayStation.Blog

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 RandyBass @ 11/15/13 08:02 PM
So very curious about this:

"...new intuitive player creation process..."

Hopefully intuitive means easier. Because if you combine easy player creation with the possible, but yet to be announced, carry over roster files then we could be having some pretty sweet roster files ready to go early on in the year (and year after year).

*keeps fingers crossed*

# 162 Blzer @ 11/15/13 08:41 PM
I'm hoping the process includes something I've always wished for... be able to get the player to jump immediately into a cage or onto the field without hesitation, straight from the CAP menu.

Press a button... 1... 2... boom, somebody is throwing a pitch at you. You can see his stance, appearance, and measure some attributes immediately. Place him in the field, be hit a couple of balls to you, then range, field, and throw. Press another couple of buttons... 1... right back at your CAP screen.

That's pretty intuitive to me.

# 163 RandyBass @ 11/15/13 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm hoping the process includes something I've always wished for... be able to get the player to jump immediately into a cage or onto the field without hesitation, straight from the CAP menu.

Press a button... 1... 2... boom, somebody is throwing a pitch at you. You can see his stance, appearance, and measure some attributes immediately. Place him in the field, be hit a couple of balls to you, then range, field, and throw. Press another couple of buttons... 1... right back at your CAP screen.

That's pretty intuitive to me.
My guess is:

-More preset faces, of which you could easily tweak for variation.
-Easier way to find stances and deliveries, rather than having to scroll through hundreds trying to find the right one.
-New player rating system, as there have been hints they are trying something new here.

# 164 Dwenny @ 11/16/13 08:14 AM
Wonder if there is consideration to edit managers and coaches like we can do with players?

# 165 hysteria499 @ 11/16/13 08:43 AM
That's why they hire more dev's and such as good as themselves. Keep the masses going and be able to expand out to more amazing games.

# 166 NDAlum @ 11/18/13 10:12 AM
These features are hurting other titles for me...the thought of having to restart a dynasty/franchise/association mode due to a new title coming out are so unappealing now!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.