Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

We just got a new screenshot from the folks at 2K Sports of MyGM mode on next-gen consoles. Billed as a complete re-imagination of the franchise mode. The newest shot shows what is likely one of the first screens you'll see in the game: building your GM and picking a style.

Will you specialize in the art of negotiating? Or perhaps you want to be a businessman to maximize your bottom line? If you become an expert in assessing Emotional Intelligence, you will have the powers of persuasion at your disposal.

In the shot below, you see the GM level up options. There are seven different attribute categories with 10 upgrades in each category. Also, you can acquire GM-specific special abilities to use to get a leg up on the competition.

What do you think about the RPG-like elements we're seeing from MyGM?

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RangersCruz @ 11/05/13 01:04 PM
Interesting i would go with the 2nd option

# 2 the_future420 @ 11/05/13 01:04 PM
So it seems there will be some type of attribute bonuses that we can hopefully earn (hate hate hate VC ) that determine what style of GM we are. I like where this is going

I wonder how this will all work. I'm assuming we will earn GM points based on how well we do with our team, then use those points to buy attribute upgrades?It seems like there will be a nice amount of depth to this mode

# 3 KDRIZZLE2K4 @ 11/05/13 01:05 PM
I'm interested, looks good. Tired of being spoon fed tho.

# 4 d23x @ 11/05/13 01:07 PM
Omg if I see one more screen shot I'll shoot myself. Why can't we get an article with screen shots or a video? This is not in depth, if it is Ronnie needs to go read a Webster.

# 5 quehouston @ 11/05/13 01:07 PM
This will be great, IF they keep VC out of it.

Edit: Oh, and thats an old guy.

# 6 cthurt @ 11/05/13 01:08 PM
Interesting I wonder if VC will be involved since they used the word discount in each category.... hopefully not but I like the options they gave us.

# 7 jayman504 @ 11/05/13 01:10 PM
LOL at these screen's... They get me sooooo Hyped to play this mode! Game comes out in 10 days and NOTHING except screens.

C'mon son

# 8 d23x @ 11/05/13 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
LOL at these screen's... They get me sooooo Hyped to play this mode! Game comes out in 10 days and NOTHING except screens.

C'mon son
These would of been fine in early October, but the game is literally days away from releasing.. Smh

# 9 RangersCruz @ 11/05/13 01:12 PM
I think we'll see gameplay drop sometime within a week before the release

# 10 d23x @ 11/05/13 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
I think we'll see gameplay drop sometime within a week before the release
Which makes no sense..

# 11 quehouston @ 11/05/13 01:16 PM
I personally don't mind the screens or lack of info. Leaves more room for speculation, and adds a surprise factor when I finally get my hands on it. Maybe thats just a personal thing.

# 12 fufaso @ 11/05/13 01:18 PM
I'm sure I missed this somewhere, but in MyGm mode, do you also play games as the entire team (like assoc mode now), or is this a MyPlayer/Assoc hybrid... ?

# 13 lakers24 @ 11/05/13 01:18 PM
It's already been stated that these aren't for this crowd, but for the masses who lack a general knowledge of what modes are even in NG. Simballer said he'd try to cook something up by the end of the week that would satisfy the OS crowd.

# 14 lakers24 @ 11/05/13 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufaso
I'm sure I missed this somewhere, but in MyGm mode, do you also play games as the entire team (like assoc mode now), or is this a MyPlayer/Assoc hybrid... ?
It's still association

# 15 Optik @ 11/05/13 01:20 PM
Seems cheap to create a style (especially for this mode) to give you an advantage in some part of the game. Once again, the game is holding the gamer's hand.

In Football Manager, they don't give you a style to choose. You decide how you want to manage and then the game tracks several stats out of 20, that measure your style. You have stats for financial responsibility, attitude to foreigners and temperament. These stats are useful when a club is considering you to be their new manager. Your reputation and experience can make players either respect you, or think you're not good enough to be managing the club, and all this can have an effect on the pitch.

You should have to learn how to manage people's emotions, not just choose psychologist and then it becomes easier to manage people's emotions. When Phil Jackson came into coaching, he didn't choose a box that said psychologist which just gave him special powers, he has a naturally cool temperament combined with a knowledge of psychology, and it took experience for him to get better at it.

This is disappointing.

# 16 mrbigshot @ 11/05/13 01:20 PM
I wonder if these options will also allow us to relocate teams.

when i think of entrepreneurship i think of selling your team to an owner and then relocating your team elsewhere.

maybe I'm missing the point though.

I'm not sure why i desperately want this feature,

but the replay-ability would increase dramatically for me if they implemented this feature.

I want the vancouver grizzlies back. ):

bring seattle another team, maybe get rid of the LA clippers because they already have an LA team. (sorry clips fans, can't get to greedy)

or maybe open up for expansion.

endless possibilities. and with this GM mode, it makes even more in depth.

how will the players feel about moving a team they played for their entire career, to a different city? will fan support dip and the players start to veto the request to move the team? man...

# 17 quehouston @ 11/05/13 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufaso
I'm pretty sure you can still play/sim your games freely, they just added more stuff like conversation engine and finance management. Wouldn't make sense for us not to be able to play games.

I wonder if there will be an option to turn the conversation engine off, or at least limit it? I personally wouldn't, but a lot of people have been complaining about just wanting to play games.

# 18 Gosens6 @ 11/05/13 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Seems cheap to create a style (especially for this mode) to give you an advantage in some part of the game. Once again, the game is holding the gamer's hand.

In Football Manager, they don't give you a style to choose. You decide how you want to manage and then the game tracks several stats out of 20, that measure your style. You have stats for financial responsibility, attitude to foreigners and temperament. These stats are useful when a club is considering you to be their new manager. Your reputation and experience can make players either respect you, or think you're not good enough to be managing the club, and all this can have an effect on the pitch.
Really? Seems cheap? All it's doing is simulating the fact that some GMs are better than others in certain areas. Some guys are good at business decisions, others at finances, others at managing players.

What the hell is so cheap about giving us a way to differentiate and have a certain speciality that other GMs might not have?

I didn't know that everyone had to be the same with no special qualities and nothing to bring to their job.

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

# 19 Hadlowe @ 11/05/13 01:24 PM
re: VC in MyGM mode.

The other screenshots have shown projected profits in $$. You have to negotiate player contracts in $$. I am hopeful that your entire operation is something that can be controlled with budgets in fictional $$ earned through your management and not VC that can be purchased through microtransactions.

# 20 lakers24 @ 11/05/13 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik

The style just makes it take less to upgrade that particular attribute. I'm guessing you can upgrade all of those attributes, but the style you choose will be easier to upgrade over one you didn't. Makes sense considering if I study one thing and become really great at it, it doesn't mean I'll be great at everything else as well. Also creates a dynamic of choosing a style you feel suits you best.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.