Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Well, according to Mike Wang, during a podcast with PlayStation.Blog, a couple of developers won't even touch the Xbox One.

Quote:
I love the PS4! I‘m a convert. I wasn’t a huge fan of the PS3 controller, but DualShock 4 is amazing, it feels perfect. I love the changes that Sony has done! The machine itself is ridiculous, it’s so powerful, so much easier to develop for. In the office it’s unanimous; we have a couple people who don’t play anything else now, they won’t touch Xbox One. We love the PS4, it’s a great system.

Mike will probably get some unwanted feedback from this and the Sony fanboys will have a field day, but let's not forget who he was talking to... a site dedicated to the PlayStation. I wonder what he'd say if he was talking to Major Nelson?

I'm sure he'll chime in soon to clear the air.

UPDATE: Mike Wang has checked in (Post #47).

Quote:
Yeah, just to be clear. I have nothing against XBOne. It's a great system. I was just trying to communicate that I like the PS4 much more than the PS3 (both in terms of development and the controller.) When I stated that I was a convert, it's because for the last 2 gens I've primarily been an Xbox gamer, but this gen I can see myself playing a lot of PS4.

The unanimous comment was NOT that the entire company or dev team favored PS4 over XB1, I was trying to say that everyone in the office agrees that the PS4 is a great system. That's all.

And yes, it's true that a couple people in the office are Sony fanboys and won't touch the Xbox 1... but it's also true that some people in the office are MS fanboys and won't touch the PS4.

Hope that clears some things up a bit.

UPDATE #2: (Post #134).

Quote:
Another thing I should add... just because I was praising Sony, that doesn't mean I don't also love what MS did with the Xbox One. The controller upgrades are really nice, especially the feel and function of the Impact triggers and analog sticks. A definite improvement over 360, which I also loved.

NBA 2K14 will look and play great on both systems... there's no "inferior" version. Just as all console wars, it will come down to the games, personal preferences, and what you're looking to get out of your console.

I wouldn't let anything I said in that interview sway you one way or the other... personally, I'm still on the fence as to which console to get first. But really, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Source - Worlds Factory

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 ClevelandinDistress @ 11/05/13 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Maybe he likes the 360 controller over the dual shock 3, and the DS4 and X1 controller are improved versions of each so hes going with what he knows. BTW I can say how can someone prefer either console without playing either of them ? You dont have to have it in your hands to prefer it.
No offense but the majority of the industry is saying the ps4 controller is much superior to the xbox one controller. It's not simply oh I liked the xbox 360 so I'll prefer the xbox one controller. Doesn't work like that.

# 122 m1ke_nyc @ 11/05/13 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
No offense but the majority of the industry is saying the ps4 controller is much superior to the xbox one controller. It's not simply oh I liked the xbox 360 so I'll prefer the xbox one controller. Doesn't work like that.
Who cares what the industry prefers. It doesn't work like that either. I purchase what I like not what someone else likes. Plus I havent seen any of this the majority of the industry prefers the DS4. The PS4 is more powerful doesnt mean it will be better. We can go back and forth all night about this.

# 123 Boilerbuzz @ 11/05/13 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
This thread truly makes my head hurt

Lemme lock it please Steve
Yes, PLEASE. We have a couple of parrots on the loose that just will NOT stop.

# 124 Phreezy P @ 11/05/13 11:39 PM
Not ANOTHER console war thread!

# 125 Boilerbuzz @ 11/05/13 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Why is it that you prefer the Xbox controller? Is it the size? Because they increased the size and weight of the PS3 controller hence it getting so many rave reviews.
Held both controllers in my hand at E3. I've always HATED the PS controllers, but this one, being bigger and feeling more solid in my hands - which are big - felt awesome! I can actually use the DS4. So, if you hand size is a thing, you will like the new one more. The XBone controller continues to have the characteristics that make it my favorite. Some people I know don't like the bumper. I have no problem with it. Other than that change, the resistance on the sticks feels tighter and the thumb has a rough feel where there is less slippage. For me, the DS4's analog sticks are more loose for my tastes. The gap is MUCH smaller for me.

One more note, the DS4 has the touchpad in the middle. Making the hand spacing wider. This is noticeable. I think this change will be very polarizing for some people. Some people will love it and others will absolutely hate it enough to not get a system. That's my prediction.

# 126 CaseIH @ 11/06/13 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Maybe he likes the 360 controller over the dual shock 3, and the DS4 and X1 controller are improved versions of each so hes going with what he knows. BTW I can say how can someone prefer either console without playing either of them ? You dont have to have it in your hands to prefer it.
I have been wondering the same thing,lol. How can you prefer 1 controller over another when neither has been released yet,lol.

I can understand prefering one console over the other without playing, but not controllers. Personally I prefer PS console over the Xbox for 1 reason and 1 reason only, I am a huge baseball fan and I have to have a baseball game that is good, and there has been only 1 good baseball game for a long time now and its a PS exclusive. If it werent for MLBTS I would still have a XBox360, and would probably be leaning towards the x1 whenever I do buy a new console, but because of MLBTS I will only go with sony with every new console that comes out from now on.

# 127 diehardknicksfan @ 11/06/13 12:11 AM
Ima get both but I see a similar situation happening for me.

Last gen I got both ps3/360. The ps3 ended up in my kids room and I was playing the 360 a lot more. Only touching the ps3 for the show. And uncharted, which was a truly amazing game for me

I see Xbone being the better system down the line. But I will have both. **** I might have two Xbones and a ps3.

# 128 Phreezy P @ 11/06/13 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
LMAO where is this from?
http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-baske...eaction-video/

This link explains it.

# 129 Disci922 @ 11/06/13 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I have been wondering the same thing,lol. How can you prefer 1 controller over another when neither has been released yet,lol.

I can understand prefering one console over the other without playing, but not controllers. Personally I prefer PS console over the Xbox for 1 reason and 1 reason only, I am a huge baseball fan and I have to have a baseball game that is good, and there has been only 1 good baseball game for a long time now and its a PS exclusive. If it werent for MLBTS I would still have a XBox360, and would probably be leaning towards the x1 whenever I do buy a new console, but because of MLBTS I will only go with sony with every new console that comes out from now on.
Xbox One Tour, it's been going one for a couple weeks now. They have been showing up in certain cities and setting up camp for gamers to get hands on time with the console and games. So, yes it is plausible that he got hands on time with the X1 controller.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/27/47...starts-october

# 130 RangersCruz @ 11/06/13 12:32 AM
Yeah...this thread is going nowhere right now lol

# 131 MarvinOida @ 11/06/13 12:41 AM
So what I learned today:

People love to read titles and the first paragraph and then post. Not even READING the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 132 RangersCruz @ 11/06/13 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
So what I learned today:

People love to read titles and the first paragraph and then post. Not even READING the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fan boys...

# 133 yungflo @ 11/06/13 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Referring to the PS3 and 360 when talking about the controller.

And I take it you haven't researched both systems cloud. They do not have the same type of cloud (Sony's Gaikai is purely for streaming games, it doesn't improve performance). That is completely incorrect. There are many articles detailing this, but here was a solid one that explains it:

http://videogamesandnews.com/xbox-on...the-real-deal/
the cloud thing isn't cemented. Sony could change its strategy and offer a more capable cloud. I'm not saying better than xbo, but good enough to last. I see both consoles going cloud. They need to if this gen is going to last almost a decade like the ps3 and 360 did. There is no way another gen lasts that long without cloud gaming or additional cloud support to help process games.

# 134 Melbournelad @ 11/06/13 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
the cloud thing isn't cemented. Sony could change its strategy and offer a more capable cloud. I'm not saying better than xbo, but good enough to last. I see both consoles going cloud. They need to if this gen is going to last almost a decade like the ps3 and 360 did. There is no way another gen lasts that long without cloud gaming or additional cloud support to help process games.
Yes but it would take years for Sony to build it up. They currently are only renting the servers, where as Micrsoft has invested billions worldwide into their own cloud servers.

# 135 yungflo @ 11/06/13 02:37 AM
Quote:
Yes but it would take years for Sony to build it up. They currently are only renting the servers, where as Micrsoft has invested billions worldwide into their own cloud servers.
It still would be done. It'll just come at a premium. Both there's no way they both don't have it say like eight years down the line.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

# 136 Caius101 @ 11/06/13 03:49 AM
Quote:
This is not true. Sony bought Gaikai out in 2012...

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2012/jul/02/sony-buys-gakai-cloud-gaming

# 137 Melbournelad @ 11/06/13 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caius101
This is not true. Sony bought Gaikai out in 2012...

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...i-cloud-gaming
I stand corrected. But everything else stated is still valid.

# 138 Dr. Banner @ 11/06/13 05:14 AM
It's a shame he had to release two statements to explain himself....I understood exactly what he meant from thestart...ppl to sensitive!

# 139 Guard-ian @ 11/06/13 05:15 AM
I wonder if 2k will put MS Azure (free) dedicated servers to use and definitely will improve their online (it would be nice for a change) or perhaps won't they be allowed to let the PS4 version down?... TBH This is what I am really more interested in...

Cheers! ;-)

# 140 franzis @ 11/06/13 05:40 AM
To me Naughty Dog (and hopefully Team ICO) are biggest PS4 assets

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.