Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports today revealed the initial soundtrack for NBA Live 14. Thanks to MICK, mixtape DJ extraordinaire and Brooklyn’s own, the game will have over 30 custom mixtape bumpers that play in between tracks to allow for a seamless listening experience.

The order of the music will be random, giving the sound of the game a certain freshness. You will also be able to customize the soundtrack for each game mode as well.

Also, music will be updated post-launch with tracks selected by MICK -- so you'll regularly hear new songs playing within the game throughout the NBA season.

What do you think of the track list and the unique approach to the Live 14 soundtrack?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Phreezy P @ 11/05/13 11:56 PM
Dope soundtrack.

Not too many mainstream artists.

The Logic track is great, Samson by stalley is actually a pretty good song, the Dizzy Wright track is catchy, and I like all the other additions. I also see they put in some Trap genre.

This is the direction 2k should go with their soundtrack.

# 22 Childish7 @ 11/06/13 12:36 AM
Surprised there is no Chance The Rapper, he is blowing up out of the underground and EA usually tries to hit that market. Solid solid soundtrack though!

# 23 grodbetatted @ 11/06/13 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrew8
I like this idea but most of these 1st songs are wack in my opinion. They need to get rid of the typical Southern infuenced rap trash. On the bright side, they should keep adding more lyrical rappers like Joey Bad4$$ and Danny Brown. Basketball is more connected to real hip hop with lyrics & meaning, not ignorant club music.
Pusha to has been lyrical since the day he hit the scene he may be in the mainstream scene but he's lyrical

# 24 Finess @ 11/06/13 12:42 AM
Been saying for years these NBA games need to have an evolving soundtrack because I'm pretty sure folks play these games close to around the next one. Good on EA for this.

# 25 Brooklynnets24 @ 11/06/13 01:40 AM
This is the type of soundtrack i'd love in a basketball game something 2k once had. Letting Jay-z help with the game last year was just a terrible decision and with Lebron's soundtrack this year. The past 2k soundtracks were great though they introduced me to a lot of artists.

# 26 ItsOrangeBaby @ 11/06/13 04:31 AM
Took way too long for a Kid Ink track to make it into the game.

# 27 zimmtron @ 11/06/13 05:27 AM
No Coldplay.

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

# 28 BroPeezy925 @ 11/06/13 05:43 AM
Shout out to EA for putting iamsu! on the tracklist though. Bay Area stand up.

# 29 Gramps91 @ 11/06/13 06:07 AM
lol, don't know a single song. I love basketball but I like classic rock, rock, punk, and metal. Never been much on hip-hop. LeBron did the best thing to a basketball game music-wise by putting Phil Collins on NBA 2k14.

# 30 Gosens6 @ 11/06/13 09:17 AM
Danny Brown, Dizzy Wright and Lorde!? EA won the soundtrack battle this year that's for sure.

# 31 yaboythecib @ 11/06/13 11:15 AM
Ea is putting alot of music in NBA live 14 this year..... i like there choose of music...2k has 2 much mainstream music....mainstream music is garbage... 2k soundtracks hasn't been gd sense 2k11...i prefer underground music in a basketball game not songs i hear on the radio...

# 32 VDusen04 @ 11/06/13 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnets24
This is the type of soundtrack i'd love in a basketball game something 2k once had. Letting Jay-z help with the game last year was just a terrible decision and with Lebron's soundtrack this year. The past 2k soundtracks were great though they introduced me to a lot of artists.
I agree. I'm definitely a fan of video game soundtracks that feature some fresh and legit. I really miss the old 2K soundtracks.

# 33 BroPeezy925 @ 11/06/13 07:38 PM
Live has always had better soundtracks than 2k. So even if you don't know any of the songs, I guarantee you'll like the soundtrack more than 2k's.

# 34 jimbo22 @ 11/06/13 07:43 PM
Cool, who gives a toss how it plays, it will sound good. EA, get a grip wheres the 5 v 5 gameplay, its only a few weeks until release for gods sake.

# 35 JRSwish @ 11/06/13 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Dude did you just make up most of your statement, we have not even seen 5 on 5 gameplay and you are making it sound like EA just created the greatest basketball experience is the history of basketball game.
If you read the blog post you would have seen that the hairstyles etc will be updated...
and calm down you sound like a little 2K fanboy.

# 36 Melbournelad @ 11/09/13 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
lol, don't know a single song. I love basketball but I like classic rock, rock, punk, and metal. Never been much on hip-hop. LeBron did the best thing to a basketball game music-wise by putting Phil Collins on NBA 2k14.
Lol to each his own I guess. I never understood punk and metal, IMO hip hop is far better.

# 37 dre2 @ 11/10/13 02:13 PM
Well we know one part of this game 2K can't touch, this soundtrack is great and has a couple good non-mainstream artists on it.

# 38 IACeltics20345 @ 11/11/13 04:51 PM
Ace Hood, schoolboy q, (:

# 39 Gman 18 @ 11/12/13 10:58 PM
I really like " The come up " and a few of the other songs

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.