Home
News Post

Check out the latest Forza Motorsport 5 hands-on impressions from Joystiq and Destructoid, as well as the embedded video above, from IGN.

Quote:
In spending a fair bit of time with Forza 5, one of the biggest surprises for me was just how different the AI is compared to previous series titles. Turn 10's Drivatar AI system has a silly name, but it is legit, and it makes a huge difference in how races feel. Gone are the pre-programmed lines for AI cars to follow. They're replaced by cloud-fueled profiles, each containing the data of your friends, and each assigned to different AI cars in your races. This means that you're now racing against the tendencies of real people. Fellow Forza fans need to know that AI cars are no longer predictable, meaning that your old tricks won't work. This alone is a game changer!

Game: Forza Motorsport 5Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Forza Motorsport 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Tomba @ 11/07/13 01:56 PM
The below is a quote from series boss Greenawalt in regards to tracks not being in the game

“Some of the tracks needed updating,” Greenawalt told Eurogamer. “Some of them needed light updating, and some of them needed heavy updating. Silverstone, for example, was a complete recapture. Several of our tracks were just plain wrong, either because they were poorly captured and technology’s moved on, or the track’s changed like Silverstone.”

I find this utterly untrue.

I've played forza 5 and the track demo that i played after waiting for it to load for 4 minutes was almost identical to what we already have on 360. To say that the tech was old? to say that they cant accurately transport over or update is falsehood...

Take for example this video where they showed "capturing of the track"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmWWxh8rpJo

WATCH THIS VERY VIDEO

I am scratching my head as to WHY? NOW? all of sudden its hard to do when the new console has been heralded to be able to do ANYTHING they want?

# 2 porkys8077 @ 11/07/13 03:20 PM
I love Forza,. I cant wait to play it.

# 3 AiDub @ 11/07/13 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
The below is a quote from series boss Greenawalt in regards to tracks not being in the game

“Some of the tracks needed updating,” Greenawalt told Eurogamer. “Some of them needed light updating, and some of them needed heavy updating. Silverstone, for example, was a complete recapture. Several of our tracks were just plain wrong, either because they were poorly captured and technology’s moved on, or the track’s changed like Silverstone.”

I find this utterly untrue.

I've played forza 5 and the track demo that i played after waiting for it to load for 4 minutes was almost identical to what we already have on 360. To say that the tech was old? to say that they cant accurately transport over or update is falsehood...

Take for example this video where they showed "capturing of the track"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmWWxh8rpJo

WATCH THIS VERY VIDEO

I am scratching my head as to WHY? NOW? all of sudden its hard to do when the new console has been heralded to be able to do ANYTHING they want?
Well my good sir, I'll tell you why... Because they know they can turn around a few months after you buy the game, bend you over a barrel and make you pay for tracks like Silverstone.

It's really sketchy but we all know this happens so Micro$oft makes more money. It's pathetic and it's why I have given up on buying any kind of DLC. Tracks and cars that have been in previous games shouldn't be sold as separate DLC content.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.