Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

In NBA 2K14’s MyGM mode, we’ve completely re-designed team Staff and how they interact with the game. Staff members at each position can have up to 3 Staff Badges; these are the staff equivalents of Signature Skills. Be careful though, Staff can also have negative Staff Badges that may put your team at risk. Putting together a staff that fits the makeup of your roster is critical in building a championship roster.

In NBA 2K14’s MyGM mode, keeping your adoring fans happy will become multi-faceted as you now need to ensure they aren’t feeling too light in the pockets. You will have full control over EVERY aspect of your team’s financial situation, right down to setting the prices for various gameday income (tickets, hot dogs, souvenirs, parking, and much more). Maintaining the happiness of the fans and your Owner is a very delicate balance…

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 johanan anneus @ 11/07/13 03:04 PM
Looks solid!

# 2 blingballa333 @ 11/07/13 03:07 PM
I really wish they had more subtle and professional looking overlays.

BUT, this is better than in previous years at least.

This mode is really intriguing me, looks like it will be a lot of fun to manage your team.

# 3 cthurt @ 11/07/13 03:07 PM
I didnt even know there was an assistant gm in real life, so im a lil confused what does he do that the main gm doesnt do.

# 4 Cowboy008 @ 11/07/13 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I didnt even know there was an assistant gm in real life, so im a lil confused what does he do that the main gm doesnt do.
I would like to know this as well. Plus does anyone know what those badges are?

# 5 Vni @ 11/07/13 03:15 PM
F in defense for D'Antoni. At least the insider got something right.

# 6 cthurt @ 11/07/13 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Yea once again another screenshot leading to evenmore questions.

# 7 RangersCruz @ 11/07/13 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Just a part of the team if the GM goes out for family problems for example for a certain amount of time he swaps in

# 8 PippenAintEasy @ 11/07/13 03:20 PM
Quote:
If I were to guess based on their roles

CFO
Bar graph - some sort of % bonus on base profits
$ - gets your owner to give you a bigger budget
Fist - not sure

Assistant GM
Book/glasses - Better at reading potential
Snake - Players don't like dealing with him

D'Antoni
Jersey - Former player, so he improves player development
Arrows - Maybe something about his teams being better at up-tempo style ball

# 9 quehouston @ 11/07/13 03:20 PM
I'm loving how the staff members have emotions also. Everything is so alive and dynamic.

# 10 franzis @ 11/07/13 03:23 PM
Quote:
Badges : staff = sig skills : players

Assistant GM will be the CPU performing some of your task (contracts, trading, etc) if you want to skip them and focus on just playing games.
Better assistant GM = Better AI

# 11 lakers24 @ 11/07/13 03:29 PM
Badges are most likely the same thing as Sig Skills just for staff members. And judging from one of the Assistant GM's ones, it looks like scouting may be one

# 12 cthurt @ 11/07/13 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
This is shaping up to be one for the ages, can't wait to hear how things are in the offseason with things like evaluating players in the draft(both skill and emotion), convincing players to resign, negotiating contracts with big names in the FA. Man this has got me excited.
These are the things I want to know more about, player information is getting no love so far in this mode.

# 13 franzis @ 11/07/13 03:33 PM
And it goes without saying that badges will cost some VC

# 14 BluFu @ 11/07/13 03:36 PM
hoping these badges/ratings are editable because of real coaches retiring and fake ones coming in. probably not because of VC goddammit 2k..

# 15 jeremym480 @ 11/07/13 03:40 PM
Looks pretty good. Can't wait get something more in-depth than a screenshot.

# 16 RangersCruz @ 11/07/13 04:03 PM
After seeing all these MYGM pictures

Im worried about My Career that our players will have no audio and everything will be in texts..ugh

# 17 RocketTMac1 @ 11/07/13 04:12 PM
Oh why do you tease me so much? The possibilities to expand this mode are endless. My goodness I'm really hoping for more actual NBA staff members next year. If I'm lucky we can hire assistant coaches as head coaches.

# 18 CarryTheWeight @ 11/07/13 04:53 PM
Small-time observation, but I wonder if 2K/VC added the ability to hire assistants as head coaches with My GM's staff management system.

Was hoping assistants like Ewing could be promoted to a head coaching position back when the coach/staff hiring was first added to Association, so I'm hopeful a feature similar to that may be included within My GM.

EDIT: Post above me pretty much nailed it as well.

# 19 lakers24 @ 11/07/13 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
After seeing all these MYGM pictures

Im worried about My Career that our players will have no audio and everything will be in texts..ugh
You do realize MyCareer has a full storyline now with cutscenes right

# 20 RangersCruz @ 11/07/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
You do realize MyCareer has a full storyline now with cutscenes right
Mhm which makes me feel that if might be full of texts like in wwe games

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.