Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

In NBA 2K14’s MyGM mode, we’ve completely re-designed team Staff and how they interact with the game. Staff members at each position can have up to 3 Staff Badges; these are the staff equivalents of Signature Skills. Be careful though, Staff can also have negative Staff Badges that may put your team at risk. Putting together a staff that fits the makeup of your roster is critical in building a championship roster.

In NBA 2K14’s MyGM mode, keeping your adoring fans happy will become multi-faceted as you now need to ensure they aren’t feeling too light in the pockets. You will have full control over EVERY aspect of your team’s financial situation, right down to setting the prices for various gameday income (tickets, hot dogs, souvenirs, parking, and much more). Maintaining the happiness of the fans and your Owner is a very delicate balance…

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 LakersForLife @ 11/07/13 08:35 PM
THIS MODE IS GUNNA BE SICKKK

# 42 RangersCruz @ 11/07/13 08:40 PM
Nice post im a MyCareer player but looks like i'll give something else a try in 2k this yr

# 43 Dyslexicphish @ 11/07/13 09:43 PM
This is shaping up to be association mode I've been waiting for for years. I'm still waiting for a write up or dev insight or something that has more information than a screen shot. I want to know what they've done for all the "under-the-hood" aspects of the mode like player development, ai for other GMs etc.

# 44 kmiree16 @ 11/07/13 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I would like to know this as well. Plus does anyone know what those badges are?
I'm guessing they're like signature skills for GMs. Certain badges awards a GM with certain bonuses or abilities.

# 45 lgxjames @ 11/07/13 11:08 PM
I really find it amazing nothing has been really mentioned about offseason, draft, scouting...Has anything even been said about presentation?

# 46 Sinner @ 11/07/13 11:23 PM
Looks cool, have seen people for awhile say they would like to be able to change prices of food, drinks and such. Never was really a big deal to me but I am intrigued by it. With all this income to the franchise and running the franchise i'm hoping that dynamic crowds are in. Team going through bad times, not winning I want to see a few more empty seats. Doesn't have to be record lows but I want a difference in a struggling team and a team on their way to the playoffs.

# 47 miller31time @ 11/07/13 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Looks cool, have seen people for awhile say they would like to be able to change prices of food, drinks and such. Never was really a big deal to me but I am intrigued by it. With all this income to the franchise and running the franchise i'm hoping that dynamic crowds are in. Team going through bad times, not winning I want to see a few more empty seats. Doesn't have to be record lows but I want a difference in a struggling team and a team on their way to the playoffs.
Surprised it took 5 pages for someone to express their desire for dynamic crowds. If you're going to introduce concession pricing and owner morale, that should go hand-in-hand with what kind of crowd you draw on a nightly basis.

And I agree with what others have said regarding the ability to promote assistant coaches and for assistant coaches on expiring contracts to be entered in a pool of coaches that may be hired both as an assistant or a head coach (for any team).

I'd also love to hear anything about the draft and free agent bidding. Those are incredibly important pieces to any franchise mode.

# 48 CaseIH @ 11/07/13 11:39 PM
Glad to see Association mode getting a makeover, wish I could afford a PS4 now. The only thing I dont like is not being able to control all 30 teams to make sure stupid things dont happen, hopefully 30 team control will get added back in next yr, which is when I will most likely be able to afford a PS4. Atleast they are making a effort towards the Association, should have been done long ago, cause I would say its still the top mode in any sports game.

# 49 Gosens6 @ 11/07/13 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
Surprised it took 5 pages for someone to express their desire for dynamic crowds. If you're going to introduce concession pricing and owner morale, that should go hand-in-hand with what kind of crowd you draw on a nightly basis.

And I agree with what others have said regarding the ability to promote assistant coaches and for assistant coaches on expiring contracts to be entered in a pool of coaches that may be hired both as an assistant or a head coach (for any team).

I'd also love to hear anything about the draft and free agent bidding. Those are incredibly important pieces to any franchise mode.
I've been saying for days that fan interest in all the screens we've been seeing probably has to do with dynamic attendance

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

# 50 midwestking100 @ 11/08/13 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
This is shaping up to be association mode I've been waiting for for years. I'm still waiting for a write up or dev insight or something that has more information than a screen shot. I want to know what they've done for all the "under-the-hood" aspects of the mode like player development, ai for other GMs etc.
According to Erick ala SimBaller we are suppose to get a write up about this mode tomorrow.

# 51 canucksss @ 11/08/13 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
You do realize MyCareer has a full storyline now with cutscenes right
And I hope the stupid coach will smarten up, while you're playing great and few seconds remaining, you must be playing and not be pulled out. WHile in a blowout game, all other starter are being rested on bench and you're still on court.

Also, hopefully in NG it will not be easy to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Nice post im a MyCareer player but looks like i'll give something else a try in 2k this yr
yea....doing two modes (granting that MyCareer is a much improved mode as compared to CG, see above comment ) at the same time...that would be cool

# 52 vtcha @ 11/08/13 12:50 AM
Never knew GM's managed the prices of food and drinks.
Surely guys like Pat Riley or Mitch Kupchak could care less about food/drink prices. Aren't these handled by the 'business-side' executives? (correct me if I'm wrong). I just feel its an unnecessary add-on and I sure hope it doesn't play a major role in terms of the budget, i.e., owners not willing to spend extra $$$ on luxury tax because of poor food sales, etc.

I believe it should be geared more towards a GM fulfilling 'basketball-related' activities. The owner should be more concerned of the sales and profits if you know what I mean. Now its like 2K14 Tycoon ...

Nonetheless, the more the better

# 53 lakers24 @ 11/08/13 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
Surely guys like Pat Riley or Mitch Kupchak could care less about food/drink prices. Aren't these handled by the 'business-side' executives? (correct me if I'm wrong). I just feel its an unnecessary add-on and I sure hope it doesn't play a major role in terms of the budget, i.e., owners not willing to spend extra $$$ on luxury tax because of poor food sales, etc.

I believe it should be geared more towards a GM fulfilling 'basketball-related' activities. The owner should be more concerned of the sales and profits if you know what I mean. Now its like 2K14 Tycoon ...

That's the point. To turn a profit AND win. If the team is winning you can charge more meaning more profit, meaning more leeway with the owner, also you can become owner in this mode.

# 54 Gramps91 @ 11/08/13 06:25 AM
looks like a great feature.

lol F for D'antoni on defense. That's accurate, I just find it funny

# 55 insideoutside15 @ 11/08/13 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha

Yeah, hopefully there's an option to automate that kind of stuff because I couldn't care less about how much hot dogs cost. Everything else looks right up my alley though.

# 56 Hassan Darkside @ 11/08/13 10:25 AM
Once again, options my man. The more the merrier.

# 57 threattonature @ 11/08/13 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
That's the point. To turn a profit AND win. If the team is winning you can charge more meaning more profit, meaning more leeway with the owner, also you can become owner in this mode.
Really does seem like owner's mode which I've been begging for some mode similar to it in 2k.

# 58 Painkiller1974 @ 11/08/13 01:21 PM
Ice Cream ? Soda ? ...WTF !
I want basketball !!!!!

# 59 burritoKURUMA @ 11/08/13 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller1974
Ice Cream ? Soda ? ...WTF !
I want basketball !!!!!
You should play a different game, then. NG is all about ice cream and soda. No basketball.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.