Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports just released the new Living Worlds trailer for next-gen Madden NFL 25.

Your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 jpdavis82 @ 11/08/13 09:53 AM
It's 2013, are we ever going to move on???? There's been good football games in the past, I'm ready for something better. Am I alone? I mean if you listen to the podcast interview, they mention how this is just the first iteration of Living Worlds, they have a lot of big things planned for it in Madden 15 already. Just remember guys that they are going to build off of everything that they do from now on, so this is just the beginning. Hopefully next year we will see some team specific memorabilia like team flags, cheerleaders, cheeseheads, terrible towels, even those stupid grater heads lol.

# 122 jpdavis82 @ 11/08/13 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
I have to disagree my Man. I am in ATL and at the Falcons games there are plenty of women and kids there. Now of course there are gonna be more men than anything else simply because it's Football. But it would also depend on what time the game is too. If it is a Sunday or Monday Night game then it would be less women and kids simply because kids have school the next day. So Moms tend to keep the kiddies at home during night games.

It also depends on the weather. Now the Falcons have a dome so weather is not a factor. But if you are @ a open stadium that would play into it as well. Snow, Rain, and Extreme Heat would keep more women and kids away. Not many women want to bring their kids to a stadium and sit there for 3 or 4 hours in the cold or the heat for that long. Guys don't care, ya know? We would do it in a heartbeat to see our favorite teams.

So there will always be more men than anything else at football games. But that doesn't mean that EA can't make the crowd more diverse. It is very unrealistic to have nothing but men in the crowd.

Just take a look at MLB The Show and look at their crowd. Very diverse with men and women. More realistic .....PERIOD!!!!!
Speaking of MLB The Show, the guy who's the Creative Director for next gen Madden, is the former lead producer of MLB The Show, so hopefully he will be adding the same kind of crowds we saw in that game. That game still has the most indiscernible crowds that we've ever seen in a sports game. What they're doing with next gen MLB is even more impressive, from 42 unique characters, to 1,000.

# 123 therealsmallville @ 11/08/13 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba15700
2k Football would have look a lot better ....... I still pick all prob2k8 over madden any day!
Well, the good news is that game is available for you to enjoy

Madden is never going to be a 2K clone. For everybody raving about 2K, and conveniently forgetting the issues those games also had, go play them. Enjoy. They're not going anywhere. I hear people here claim all the time "graphics don't matter to me, it's the gameplay!" So, download an updated roster for 2K5 and go have at it.

Where's the constructive criticism comparisons? "I pick 2K over Madden any day!" does not help things. It's posts like that that keep the devs from wanting to interact.

WHY would you pick 2K over Madden "any day"? Because it "looks better"? What about how it plays? Do you like their WR/DB interactions more? Is it the 2K8 kicking system? What? Do you have examples of why you choose one over the other?

The posters who actually take the time to dig up videos to compare it to, or post gifs showing how proper sideline interactions should be, my hat's off to you guys. Posters like roadman, big f'n deal, only1LT (and others that I'm forgetting), these guys all go out of their way to say "you know what? Madden doesn't do _______ right, but THIS video right here is how it should be done." Posts like that are how things get changed. Posts like that are why we're finally getting work done on pass/run blocking, actual foot planting (yes, I know, only 2 players with true step).

"Madden sucks", "I'll take 2K any day!" don't help at all. I'm sorry, but they just don't. So why don't you go play those games, and stop adding to the problem.

Sorry for the rant. I believe M25 (CG) is a good game. It's not great, and I don't believe M25 next gen will be, either. But baby steps (for now). I hardly post, but I'm a daily lurker. I just want to see Madden be great again, and if a dev pops in and sees random hate post #254, he's not even going to bother to read the good stuff. Stuff that can help.

# 124 roadman @ 11/08/13 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
I have to disagree my Man. I am in ATL and at the Falcons games there are plenty of women and kids there. Now of course there are gonna be more men than anything else simply because it's Football. But it would also depend on what time the game is too. If it is a Sunday or Monday Night game then it would be less women and kids simply because kids have school the next day. So Moms tend to keep the kiddies at home during night games.

It also depends on the weather. Now the Falcons have a dome so weather is not a factor. But if you are @ a open stadium that would play into it as well. Snow, Rain, and Extreme Heat would keep more women and kids away. Not many women want to bring their kids to a stadium and sit there for 3 or 4 hours in the cold or the heat for that long. Guys don't care, ya know? We would do it in a heartbeat to see our favorite teams.

So there will always be more men than anything else at football games. But that doesn't mean that EA can't make the crowd more diverse. It is very unrealistic to have nothing but men in the crowd.

Just take a look at MLB The Show and look at their crowd. Very diverse with men and women. More realistic .....PERIOD!!!!!
So, basically, for a Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games, you would agree with what I saw in person at Lambeau Monday night, not disagree like you mentioned.

Sunday games might be different. I'm just speculating, at $85 bucks a pop for the cheap seats there's more men vs families with kids.

I was at the Saints game at Lambeau on a Sunday last year in seats that cost three times as much and mostly men with a few wives sprinkled in, but no children.

# 125 Hassan Darkside @ 11/08/13 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Speaking of MLB The Show, the guy who's the Creative Director for next gen Madden, is the former lead producer of MLB The Show, so hopefully he will be adding the same kind of crowds we saw in that game. That game still has the most indiscernible crowds that we've ever seen in a sports game. What they're doing with next gen MLB is even more impressive, from 42 unique characters, to 1,000.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. EA Sports is like the Dallas Cowboys. They were great in their hey-day but as long as Jerry Jones is at the top, doesn't matter who coaches the team or who's on it. You'll get your hotshot guys and extremely ambitious prodigies that want to come in and change the game but ultimately Jerry's gonna have them by the balls and have the final say in everything, so they need to be yes-men if they want to keep their job.

# 126 TexasFan2005 @ 11/08/13 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I just want to see Madden be great again, and if a dev pops in and sees random hate post #254, he's not even going to bother to read the good stuff. Stuff that can help.
I agree with most of what you said, but let's be honest; if a "dev" has to go to a videogame forum for "stuff that can help" make his job easier, then something is very wrong.

I get it, Madden "devs" are human, but I still hate the fact that we know these people by name in order to humanize them. I don't care who is working on the game, I don't care what his name is, I don't care how many years he's been in the business, I don't care how many hours/day he has to work, I simply don't care. Just make a game that's actually worth $60. Enough with the excuses

# 127 roadman @ 11/08/13 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
I agree with most of what you said, but let's be honest; if a "dev" has to go to a videogame forum for "stuff that can help" make his job easier, then something is very wrong.

I get it, Madden "devs" are human, but I still hate the fact that we know these people by name in order to humanize them. I don't care who is working on the game, I don't care what his name is, I don't care how many years he's been in the business, I don't care how many hours/day he has to work, I simply don't care. Just make a game that's actually worth $60. Enough with the excuses
I don't mind developer XYZ coming in and clarifying a issue and backing out. A developer has done that recently and has helped along with the information.

I'll take that any day of the week.

# 128 charter04 @ 11/08/13 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba15700
2k Football would have look a lot better ....... I still pick all prob2k8 over madden any day!
SMH. This comment brings a lot to the table. Doesn't 2K football have a forum?

# 129 jyoung @ 11/08/13 10:42 AM
Quote:
It's not cutscenes and the game that did it before never had NFL teams players and stadiums to model. I'm sure Madden could have interactive sidelines too if they didn't render all 32 teams stadiums.
All-Pro Football 2K8 had 31 unique stadiums. And of that total, 24 of those stadiums were interactive, meaning parts of the stadium would physically come alive or move during special events.

The Sailors dome has naval ships parked in the end zone that would fire their guns after a touchdown. Same for the Swashbucklers and their pirate ship cannons. The Sharks home field has a mechanical shark that comes alive after big plays. The Top Guns stadium has actual jets that perform fly-bys after touchdowns.

Basically, all of the 24 season stadiums have some type of interactive set, in addition to the tens of thousands of 3D fans in attendance. Those fans would even stand or sit at appropriate times during gameplay.

Even the game's 7 "generic" stadiums still have firework displays that shoot off in the sky after touchdowns.

Basically, everything Madden is advertising for Living Worlds has been done before by All-Pro Football 2K8. And all of the sideline characters and crowd members in All-Pro Football 2K8 weren't just clones of 2 or 3 base models; they were unique characters. You could take a cross-section of a single crowd shot or sideline shot in All-Pro Football 2K8 and not notice a single repeated model.

That is why you are seeing so much pessimism in these threads.

# 130 jpdavis82 @ 11/08/13 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
All-Pro Football 2K8 had 31 unique stadiums. And of that total, 24 of those stadiums were interactive, meaning parts of the stadium would physically come alive or move during special events.

The Sailors dome has naval ships parked in the end zone that would fire their guns after a touchdown. Same for the Swashbucklers and their pirate ship cannons. The Sharks home field has a mechanical shark that comes alive after big plays. The Top Guns stadium has actual jets that perform fly-bys after touchdowns.

Basically, all of the 24 season stadiums have some type of interactive set, in addition to the tens of thousands of 3D fans in attendance. Those fans would even stand or sit at appropriate times during gameplay.

Even the game's 7 "generic" stadiums still have firework displays that shoot off in the sky after touchdowns.

Basically, everything Madden is advertising for Living Worlds has been done before by All-Pro Football 2K8. And all of the sideline characters and crowd members in All-Pro Football 2K8 weren't just clones of 2 or 3 base models; they were unique characters. You could take a cross-section of a single crowd shot or sideline shot in All-Pro Football 2K8 and not notice a single repeated model.

That is why you are seeing so much pessimism in these threads.

We all REALLY need to move on, but I can't just let a complete lie go by as if it were a fact.

That's a flat out lie man, EVERY sports game from the past 20 years has cloned characters. MLB The Show on Ps4 is going from 42 characters to 1,000. So you honestly think that a game from 2007 had more unique characters than a PS4 game?

These look like cloned characters to me

# 131 djordan @ 11/08/13 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
So it's upper management's fault that the best mo-cap studio in the world produces crappy run animations? It's management's fault that the wind meter is broken? It's management's fault that penalties don't work? It's management's fault that ball physics are so poor? It's management's fault that I can instantly change the receiver's route with directional passing? It's management's fault that the challenge system is broken? It's management's fault that imported draft classes had major issues in CFM? It's management's fault that there are over 200 developers on Madden and it's still a sub par product?

Sorry, but these are just excuses. Anyone who has ever worked on any piece of software, whether it be games or business software, knows that there will always be pressures from upper management. EVERYONE deals with the same thing. The bigger problem is the developers at Tiburon live in a bubble where they think everything is so much harder for them, when in reality, they just don't produce quality software. The problem is and always has been the developers. Nothing different than what any other studio has to deal with.
Co-SIGN!!!

# 132 therealsmallville @ 11/08/13 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005

Is there a reason why you kept putting the word dev in quotations? Is dev (short for developer) not the appropriate thing to call Rex, Looman, etc? Perhaps it would be better for you if I spell out the word 'developer' completely? I'll try that.

And what I mean by them stopping by to read posts is that they have shown up before to gauge interest from the community on different features, different modes. Hell, Ian actually used to show off basic animations they were working on.

You know those wishlist threads? Why have them if a developer isn't expected to read them? In this very thread, people are discussing real-time interactivity on sidelines and eliminating cutscenes...these are things the developers need to hear and read fromthe community. But if one pops into this thread, I could understand him missing that example posted a page or 2 back from 2K8 because of all the poor posting being done.

That was my point. I never said that developers came in to learn about coding.

# 133 jyoung @ 11/08/13 11:25 AM
Quote:
We all REALLY need to move on, but I can't just let a complete lie go by as if it were a fact.

That's a flat out lie man, EVERY sports game from the past 20 years has cloned characters. MLB The Show on Ps4 is going from 42 characters to 1,000. So you honestly think that a game from 2007 had more unique characters than a PS4 game?

These look like cloned characters to me
They are not exact clones in APF 2K8.

You might see the same #88 jersey or the same blue polo 10 times in a cross-section of 100 people, but the guy wearing it will either have different colored pants, a different skin tone, a different face or a different hairdo.

The crowds in that game could be criticized for not having an even gender mix or age mix (MLB The Show does those things much better than APF 2K8), but that's about their only weakness.

# 134 wordtobigbird @ 11/08/13 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, basically, for a Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games, you would agree with what I saw in person at Lambeau Monday night, not disagree like you mentioned.

Sunday games might be different. I'm just speculating, at $85 bucks a pop for the cheap seats there's more men vs families with kids.

I was at the Saints game at Lambeau on a Sunday last year in seats that cost three times as much and mostly men with a few wives sprinkled in, but no children.
Maybe it's a Lambeau thing? I have only been to a few games (also in ATL) and there were PLENTY of women and kids around me. I don't think you can justify having NO women models at least. Kids are whatever, especially in a game. But at least sprinkle in 3 women for every 30 guys or something.

Just went to photo recap of Thursday Nights game..

IDK if you can find a picture with NO women.

And just because..

I can spot 4-5 women in those back rows.

# 135 wordtobigbird @ 11/08/13 11:53 AM

52 jersey.
12 jersey.
Yellow sleeve.
Greenbay Logo T-Shirt.
Greenbay Logo Polo.
Gray shortsleeve.
Gray longsleeve.
Red shirts

Hats on
Hats off
Green billed vs Yellow billed hat

Various Skintones

IDK how many models Madden said they had but if I can pretty much point them out in a whole two sections of the stadium almost. I don't think thats enough variety. No one in greenbay is wearing a jacket or a beanie compared to

Phillies striped jersey
Bue vest/Brown shirt
Red hoody up.
Red hoody down.
Red jacket w blue hood
Striped Sleeve jacket.
Brown hoody.
Green vest/gray sleeves.
Blue hoody.
Green jacket, pink turtleneck
White hoody
Red shortsleeve
Red tank white undershirt
Black/grey jacket

Purple beanie
Black beanie
Phillies hat blue brim
Philies hat red brim
Blue phillies hat red brim
Blue phillies hat blue brim
Hoodys up
Orange earmuffs.
Red earmuffs.
Blank hat
Red beret
Tan beret
Gray beanie
Backwards vs forwards hats

Its just night and day.. and this is current gen mlb the show and next gen madden?

# 136 SageInfinite @ 11/08/13 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird

52 jersey.
12 jersey.
Yellow sleeve.
Greenbay Logo T-Shirt.
Greenbay Logo Polo.
Gray shortsleeve.
Gray longsleeve.
Red shirts

Hats on
Hats off

Various Skintones

IDK how many models Madden said they had but if I can pretty much point them out in a whole two sections of the stadium almost. I don't think thats enough variety.
Damn sure looks better than current gen. I actually like that shot right there.

# 137 mestevo @ 11/08/13 11:57 AM
Less a problem with wardrobe and more with animation variety/staggering in that shot for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 138 SageInfinite @ 11/08/13 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Less a problem with wardrobe and more with animation variety/staggering in that shot for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Yeah I agree. If the characters are going to look similar(which is something I don't think they can avoid with so many characters) at least give them varied animations. Some high fives, jumping up and down, ect...

# 139 roadman @ 11/08/13 12:03 PM
I don't think we need to get hung up with women attending football games.

I stated in my first post, in our section, there were 85% men at least, which mean there were probably 3 or 4 women sprinkled in.

It's like BoilerBuzz stated, I'll be zig-zagging my way to a TD and watching the celebration vs looking up to see if I spot women who are blondes over brunettes.lol

# 140 wordtobigbird @ 11/08/13 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Damn sure looks better than current gen. I actually like that shot right there.
without a doubt ALL of this is better than current gen Madden and I do like what they are doing but it could be a whole lot better and has been in other, older games.

Quote:
I don't think we need to get hung up with women attending football games.

I stated in my first post, in our section, there were 85% men at least, which mean there were probably 3 or 4 women sprinkled in.

It's like BoilerBuzz stated, I'll be zig-zagging my way to a TD and watching the celebration vs looking up to see if I spot women who are blondes over brunettes.lol
Lol seriously? we are going that route? "ill be too busy playing to notice the details"

Um when they show you a cutscene of the crowd cheering, thats all you will me looking at. But hey, it doesnt matter. I'm not saying its a game killer or ruins the entire feature BUT it shows Madden is again missing almost all the attention to detail. Don't sell me living worlds/1000s of models in the crowd and I can point out the repeated 10 easily.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.