Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Users can't play NBA 2K14 on the PS4 until November 15th obviously, but quite a few people already have their hands on a copy.

Looking at the back of the box, it does show off a few things, including a few things about the Eco-Motion engine, MyCAREER, The Park, MyGM and the exclusive on the PS4. There doesn't appear to be any remote play.

Eco-Motion Engine - 2K's ground breaking, dynamic gameplay engine marries real-life physics, player emotion and deep controls to deliver a seemingly endless variation of actions and reactions that can only be achieved with next-generation technology.

MyCAREER - Experience the NBA life like never before both on and off the court as you develop and hone your MyPLAYER through an epic and immersive branching story mode.

The Park - An all-new, massive-multiplayer playground mode where up to 100 MyPLAYERs in a single Park can play street ball, socialize, watch games in progress, and more.

MyGM - A re-imagined franchise mode that takes grabbing the reins of team management to the next level. Create a GM, craft your management style through attributes, manage relationships with players and staff, meet goals set by owners and more in an attempt to earn a championship under your watch.

Exclusive on PS4 - Black Ice Jewelry and PlayStation gear in the VC store, and a PlayStation Court in the Park.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Macroh @ 11/07/13 11:50 PM
Odd. Well will be interesting to see. I got my information from that official PS4FAQ, contradictory information is every so confusing.

Cheers for the heads up, will have to see how it pans out.

# 42 mrprice33 @ 11/07/13 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroh
Odd. Well will be interesting to see. I got my information from that official PS4FAQ, contradictory information is every so confusing.

Cheers for the heads up, will have to see how it pans out.
If you read further down they talk about if you try to convert a physical install to a digital version you'll need to delete the game data and re-download, which would seem to indicate it stays on the system.

I think their usage of the word "caching" is confusing but it works like the Xbox One does. But we'll see in about a week.

# 43 LD2k @ 11/08/13 12:04 AM
OMG! guiz. I sawr it 2dy!!!!111111

#OMG #OMG #OMG

Seriously though, we're so close. Next-gen is truly something special. Upward and onward, OS.

# 44 GoGetta408 @ 11/08/13 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

#OMG #OMG #OMG
no, just no.

# 45 yungflo @ 11/08/13 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Dude got his copy AND drives a Lexus. Life is good..
for reals, not to mention a new console

# 46 yungflo @ 11/08/13 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
So the PS4 exclusive was in game jewelry?
lol and a playstation court and ps access lol..

lamest exclusive content ever. they should have made an easter egg and not even announced it. dumb dumb feature.

# 47 LiquidGotti @ 11/08/13 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRBTODAY
That exclusive to PS4 stuff makes me feel better. Now I don't feel like I'm missing out w/ my XBO Pre-Order.
LOL, your first mistake was pre ordering a Xbox 720p!

# 48 basketball444 @ 11/08/13 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
Damn... Guess I need to look for a bigger Hard Drive, since it only comes with a 500GB one..

That just means you need to have 50GB available at all times. As soon as you are done with the game that 50gb will be available again. So you don't install 50GB for each game you just need 50GB available if that makes sense.

edit: I'm pretty sure this is how it works although I am no PS4 expert.

# 49 sk @ 11/08/13 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball444
That just means you need to have 50GB available at all times. As soon as you are done with the game that 50gb will be available again. So you don't install 50GB for each game you just need 50GB available if that makes sense.
Oh really?

So you just need 50GB of space when you play? So when you take the disc out, that 50GB you spent on the game is freed up?

If this is true, I don't need another Hard Drive.

# 50 BQ32 @ 11/08/13 12:40 AM
The Park has me very intrigued, if it plays smoothly and is not completely exploitable then I will prob spend most of my time there.

# 51 Escobeats @ 11/08/13 12:41 AM

# 52 mrprice33 @ 11/08/13 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
Oh really?

So you just need 50GB of space when you play? So when you take the disc out, that 50GB you spent on the game is freed up?

Go back a couple of pages. This is not how it works. You need to manually delete the data.

# 53 RangersCruz @ 11/08/13 12:42 AM
Quote:
Oh really?

thats how it works??

# 54 mrprice33 @ 11/08/13 12:44 AM

# 55 RangersCruz @ 11/08/13 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
lol i don't understand does it take 50 gb off our drive or what? till we delete it off the drive?

# 56 mrprice33 @ 11/08/13 12:50 AM
The games have to be installed to the hard drive and will NOT be automatically deleted once you're done playing.

You can, however, delete the game data from the hard drive whenever you want. It will have to be reinstalled though.

And not every game will start instantly while you install, though nobody knows how long you'll have to wait or if NBA 2K is one of those that does not start instantly.

# 57 sk @ 11/08/13 12:58 AM
Quote:
Go back a couple of pages. This is not how it works. You need to manually delete the data.
I'm sorry I don't have the time to do that. Thanks for your response.

So if I do manually delete it off my hard drive, it doesn't delete my save files, profile, and stuff like that right?

# 58 mrprice33 @ 11/08/13 12:59 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry I don't have the time to do that. Thanks for your response.

So if I do manually delete it off my hard drive, it doesn't delete my save files, profile, and stuff like that right?
Correct. Game data and save data are not the same thing.

# 59 sk @ 11/08/13 01:03 AM
Quote:
Correct. Game data and save data are not the same thing.
Ohh okay, that's still not that bad. Thanks!

# 60 Cedrik @ 11/08/13 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

#OMG #OMG #OMG

Seriously though, we're so close. Next-gen is truly something special. Upward and onward, OS.
Your point?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.