Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Here's some gameplay video posted by Bug (@Weezyy_F_Baby) of the final moments of some first half gameplay between the Thunder and Bulls -- you also get a peak at the halftime show in NBA 2K14 next gen. At one point, you see Derrick Rose being interviewed as he walks off of the court.

What do you guys think?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 jarvis1104 @ 11/08/13 05:04 PM
How did they get a PS4 already?

# 142 justcallmedaddy @ 11/08/13 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Why do you guys all hate that angle so much? If wanting to excel at the game it is absolutely the best angle to play at as you can see the whole floor and better anticipate when your teammates will be open. Also for the dribble stick it is much easier to perform moves accurately as it plays at the natural orientation. I know it does not look like the tv view but hardcore gamers or online competitive gamers will only be using this angle, otherwise your at a disadvantage.
It's just someone's opinion. I hate the angle because it's just not a good look to me. I really think the animations come out better with the broadcast angle and it's been the angle I've always used besides my player.

I don't play online much, being a big offline career guy, but the times I have played online I really don't think I'll ever be at a disadvantage in terms of the dribbling, considering there is not going to be much dribbling going on when there's nothing but 3's getting shot. And I know that when I head into online.

# 143 venga @ 11/08/13 05:06 PM
Playing it that camera view is kinda criminal imo lol but thx Bug for sharing the vid with us

# 144 RangersCruz @ 11/08/13 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjoca
Rose is still starving, hope they update. Other than that, I still have to wait till the 29th to play this over here...
Starving my !!!

These graphics , the half time show goood god i cannot wait!!

It should be in MyCareer as well right?

# 145 justcallmedaddy @ 11/08/13 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
All the cameras that are in Current Gen are in Next Gen. Although I've been working on tweaking the Beluba camera over the past few days. Undecided on whether to patch it into 14 or wait til next year.
Give us next gen gameplay from both untweaked and tweaked Beluba angles and let us decide for you.

# 146 jkd32332 @ 11/08/13 05:06 PM
Beluba, are warm ups on bench players patchable too, or do we have to wait till next year?

# 147 siraulo234 @ 11/08/13 05:07 PM
I love CG's gameplay so im not complaining

but, did they really use a new engine for this game? It's awfully similar to CG's gameplay

# 148 venga @ 11/08/13 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvis1104
How did they get a PS4 already?
retailers.

# 149 RangersCruz @ 11/08/13 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksboy87
You guys with these complaints are the reason why people like Activision keep Call of Duty the same. A game goes out its way and does something, and people complain. Forget a FULL halftime show, it will get skipped anyways after you witnessed it a couple times.

This game is better than any sports game ever made, so until you find a game that HAD all the stuff you wanted in it, you can't complain about a game coming close year by year. If they put everything into THIS game, what do they have left for next year?
Im not skipping anything on this game for a long long time

# 150 tsbmolina @ 11/08/13 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Yep, dude left Lamb a clean look at the basket almost every single time down the court. I commend the computer attacking that. The AI seemed a lot smarter against the user. Beautiful.
Quote:
All the cameras that are in Current Gen are in Next Gen. Although I've been working on tweaking the Beluba camera over the past few days. Undecided on whether to patch it into 14 or wait til next year.
Beluba you know what our answer is going to be, patch it in! What will be the difference between the current version and the patched in version?

# 151 lakers24 @ 11/08/13 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraulo234
I love CG's gameplay so im not complaining

but, did they really use a new engine for this game? It's awfully similar to CG's gameplay
Most of the animations are going to be the same wth were you guys expecting...and secondly the new engine has foot planting, player emotion, and animation synthesis (which is what you saw when defenders got too close on jumpshots) which change the animation on jumpshots depending on the situation

# 152 franzis @ 11/08/13 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Lol you can't lie though some people aren't making sense right now. You got the people that actually played the game saying it looks incredible but somehow they're judging based off a compressed vid done with a cell phone.
Ok, the following is from OS hands-on GAMEPLAY impressions

"The game reminds me of the current gen version, as it should, but it's clearly feels somewhat different. The key to that is the new Ecomotion engine. The Ecomotion engine adds foot planting and better dribbling animations to the serie. (...) Another feature of the new system is called animation synthesis. (...) These additions are very visible during gameplay and you will see a bunch of new animations."

So, basically the gameplay improvements are foot planting, better dribbling animations and a bunch of new animations.

# 153 siraulo234 @ 11/08/13 05:13 PM
Things Im looking for:

Clipping/Warping

Rebounding

Off ball movement

Lead pass/momentum

Coudnt tell much from the video, but props for the guy for posting the video, awesome to see nextgen gameplay finally

# 154 Shakedowncapo @ 11/08/13 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Splash Brothers
Looks really good!
oh god i have to wait 21 days again until launch...

I think it's the recording,but the animations looks really slow,especially the last action at 1:30
You're right about the recording doing that. Youtube records footage at 30fps and we know this is a 60fps game.

And who knows what the recording capture was of the phone. In other words...A lot of variables to really judge anything shown.

# 155 LD2k @ 11/08/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
New Beluba cam is SICKKKK...

# 156 tsbmolina @ 11/08/13 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
If that's the case then the decision ought be be easy, patch it in!!! By the way good to have the hype machine back! Hasn't been the same without you around here the past 2 weeks LD2K.

# 157 23 @ 11/08/13 05:18 PM
Quote:

Then why not let it fly!

Mike do it!

Galaxy Note 2

# 158 tsbmolina @ 11/08/13 05:21 PM
Quote:
With all the hard work put into the graphics and animations show this game in all of the majesty it deserves.

# 159 Sundown @ 11/08/13 05:23 PM
So surprised they actually have interviews. Except Doris Burke doesn't look too great and isn't animated that well, and the lip syncing isn't very good and kills some of the illusion of players being real.

I would also have liked to see head shots during interviews but that would probably expose the bad lipsyncing further.

Not sure if it'd be better to leave it out, but still, actual player voices. Very cool.

Game definitely animates more life-like. Still has some sliding with contact, but there are great passing and shooting animations that look a lot smoother than cur-gen. These guys kinda suck though, so it's hard to tell how the game animates when properly played.

# 160 wordtobigbird @ 11/08/13 05:24 PM
Lol at judging the graphic fidelity from off screen recording with cell phone.. Even the videos straight from 2k on youtube are not as good as the real thing. I don't know all the technical stuff but just because youtube says 1080p it isn't showing you how it will look through an HDMI connection straight from the source.

Anyway, gameplay looks great to me. Cannot wait to see some more videos pop up.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.