Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

IGN has posted the first NBA 2K14 next-gen review, giving it an 8.9 out of 10. In The Park, players can take their MyCAREER player into 2-on-2 half-court, 3-on-3 three-quarter-court, or 5-on-5 full-court games, unfortunately there is no sign of CREW or leagues within the mode.

They mention the MyCAREER voice acting is kind of cheesy, especially considering your player will have audio included, but the people you talk to mostly have subtitles.

In the video review, it looks like warm-ups are confirmed to be back in (for those of you worried about that from earlier videos), the graphics and animations are jaw-dropping, complete with native 1080p and 60 FPS.

Ronnie2K and LD2K will be streaming next-gen NBA 2K14 at 4:00 PM PST today, so we should be able to see and hear even more. For those that are curious, the OS review will be up a week or so after we receive the game. Nobody on staff will have a PlayStation 4 until the 15th.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 RangersCruz @ 11/12/13 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Who is expecting real life? NO ONE.

Pointing out certain dislikes does not equal expecting or demanding perfection.

I mean, should we assume you're a fanboy and think the game is perfect just because we haven't seen you offer any critiques? No. Then why should you assume anyone who offers a critique is "hating"?

People post critiques because they want the game to get better in the future. That's how it works. If you don't want to read that and assume every critique is "hating", you might want to avoid internet game forums all together.
Lol i said some negative stuff earlier then i get flamed for it no thanks.

# 262 The 24th Letter @ 11/12/13 03:12 PM
Quote:
Except I screwed that up.

Cousins would never punctuate.
True, I think

""Yeen" 'bout dat life" is more accurate

# 263 Gosens6 @ 11/12/13 03:17 PM
Knowing 2K, the subtitles would say something like..

"You do not require the necessary mental toughness to live how I do."

Your options to reply would be...

A.) Request GM for trade
B.) Respond Negatively: "Whatever, Demarcus"
C.) Respond Postively: "Yes sir, i'll get you the ball"
D.) Ignore text

# 264 Eman5805 @ 11/12/13 03:25 PM
With a renegade interrupt option available to fill his car up with tampons or something.

# 265 Clappington @ 11/12/13 03:27 PM
What is three quarter of the court? little confused

# 266 Sundown @ 11/12/13 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
With a renegade interrupt option available to fill his car up with tampons or something.
Wouldn't this be the Paragon option?

# 267 Sundown @ 11/12/13 03:45 PM
Not feeling the Warriors arena colors. They're pretty off-- the yellow is too dark and orange and the blue isn't dark enough. Cur-gen had them right finally.

Patch? Please please please.

What's weird is it looked fine in the Real Voices trailer. Is IGN reviewing/showing off an old build (they also have a non-skinny Rose)?

# 268 RangersCruz @ 11/12/13 03:50 PM
Quote:
Not feeling the Warriors arena colors. They're pretty off-- the yellow is too dark and orange and the blue isn't dark enough. Cur-gen had them right finally.

Patch? Please please please.

What's weird is it looked fine in the Real Voices trailer. Is IGN reviewing/showing off an old build (they also have a non-skinny Rose)?
On current gen they're horrible..

# 269 Sundown @ 11/12/13 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
On current gen they're horrible..
It's a lot closer than that dull orange in the IGN review.

# 270 RangersCruz @ 11/12/13 04:10 PM
Quote:
It's a lot closer than that dull orange in the IGN review.
i mean the blue and yellow its too bright

# 271 Boilerbuzz @ 11/12/13 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
I think at some point it became the "Thing to do" asking for a new engine. Build it from ground up. Without asking why.

Now it just seems people demand it because its "internet cool" lol. 2K would be complete idiots to throw away their code and start over.
I always say that the people just blindly asking for new engines without:

1. Knowing what an true "engine" means.
2. Knowing absolutely nothing about the implementation of a game's "engine".

Were ignorant and knew nothing about software development.

# 272 Boilerbuzz @ 11/12/13 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
What is three quarter of the court? little confused
I would guess a court that is 75% the length of a regulation NBA court.

# 273 blues rocker @ 11/12/13 04:27 PM
like many others have said, it is odd to me that the game is an improvement on the current gen version, yet it got a lower score. i guess their logic was that it's next gen, so there should've been a bigger leap and a bigger difference in gameplay...still doesn't make sense though. a "9" is a "9", no matter what version it is.

# 274 blues rocker @ 11/12/13 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Yeah, maybe you're right. I was looking at more pics, but that NG pic still looks way to light than any picture I am seeing of him.
you can't really go by a photo, or a TV screenshot for color accuracy. color varies greatly depending on the camera settings, television settings, the network, your own personal television's color...you can't just pick a random photo and say that is the definitive color of a certain player or uniform. also, a lot of photos get edited and photographers change the colors and brightness in order to make their photos more interesting...so just because it's a photo, that doesn't mean you're seeing the "true-to-life" color.

# 275 IACeltics20345 @ 11/12/13 04:45 PM
Jimmy Butlers jump shot lookin good @ 3:38, I wish his jump shot was like that on current gen

# 276 dre2 @ 11/12/13 04:57 PM
IGN is generally such a terrible review site, I just watch their reviews for the video footage...if it wasn't for all niche sites like this and good review blogs etc. I may never trust a game review, those dudes at the giant corporate sites aren't allowed to bad-mouth companys that pay them tons of money in advertising.

# 277 Brooke2011 @ 11/12/13 06:02 PM
As far as voices in my career( my player), they are already at 43 gb . To put voices for every scenario would be maxing it out.

Prob the more familiar they are with the technology then will they be able to incorporate more info.

# 278 kd35okc @ 11/12/13 06:11 PM
Morris with no tattoo that's not good hope there fix it

# 279 Ike04 @ 11/12/13 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Lol @ that Curry dunk.
ha yea didn't know steph had rise like that. lol

# 280 eliguanodon @ 11/12/13 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
like many others have said, it is odd to me that the game is an improvement on the current gen version, yet it got a lower score. i guess their logic was that it's next gen, so there should've been a bigger leap and a bigger difference in gameplay...still doesn't make sense though. a "9" is a "9", no matter what version it is.
My thoughts exactly. Next gen should be held to a higher standard and while it's better, there could still be improvements.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.