Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports' own LD2K and Ronnie2K played a full game of next-gen NBA 2K14 this afternoon for the entire world to see. The game includes the Knicks vs. Warriors.

Check it out and let us know what you think of the full game in motion!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RangersCruz @ 11/13/13 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
The yellow is a little too dark and orange, but it's definitely made worse because the blue is so light and doesn't have the contrast the real court does. The real court's lines are a very dark blue, and the yellow should nearly match the yellow on the jerseys.
dude the warriors blue jerseys look great in 2k on next gen

# 42 Sundown @ 11/13/13 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
dude the warriors blue jerseys look great in 2k on next gen
Jersey's are fine. It's just the blue on the court that's too light.

# 43 fabioprince @ 11/13/13 05:02 AM
The players on the bench haven't the tracksuit....

# 44 2kfanatic @ 11/13/13 05:17 AM
Is it just me or does Amare look like Eddie Murphy?

# 45 ccoaxum @ 11/13/13 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwyte81

Really? In this short development cycle, I can live with gameplay similar to CG with better graphics. I rather have next gen graphics and CG gameplay (2K14). It's better than having CG graphics and CG gameplay on a next gen system (Live 14). 2K has some the best b-ball gameplay created on a video game. Is it perfect? No. But Live is the same gameplay from Live 10 with tiered dribbling. But have fun, trying to have fun.
O snap you got live 14 at ya house...smh

# 46 ccoaxum @ 11/13/13 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWater1417
so you go to nba live coz they have new things like signature dribbling with awful animations in other aspect and obviously almost same graphics of nba live with small improvements? why need to change sometihing already good, probably some animations are same with CG 2K14, so? still better than nba live's animations overall... so whats your point? so you can help me or us to change our decisions not to get this game?...
Why is ppl getting mad on when someone says they getting a different game...it's their money they can do what the Hell they want with it...smdh

# 47 ccoaxum @ 11/13/13 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kfanatic
I know he doesn't look right.....Eddie murphy Lmao

# 48 mythreesons @ 11/13/13 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
I know he doesn't look right.....Eddie murphy Lmao
He does look like Eddie Murphy... he also looks about 30 pounds overweight. Nevertheless, the game looks great!

# 49 Bblade @ 11/13/13 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonHeart
i just dont see buying this again.
the visuals are an upgrade over my 360 version.
but thats it.
thats the same gameplay bro.
im goin with Live 14.
Oh...send me the link of live 14 5 on 5 gameplay. Oh i forgot they dont have one.

# 50 SkyWater1417 @ 11/13/13 09:30 AM
Quote:
Why is ppl getting mad on when someone says they getting a different game...it's their money they can do what the Hell they want with it...smdh
im not getting mad... I understand him if he wants other game than this... but to say this thing....

"i just dont see buying this again.
but thats it.
thats the same gameplay bro."

as a reason? I understand him to say something like this "I want something fresh, something new... coz I played NBA 2K for almost 3 years" is better words than what he said...

coz if that he's reason its just like he's just trolling or want some arguments with this thread...

AND I LOVE COMMENTING WITH THOSE TROLLERS...

coz its obvious to say that if he has the 30 version of NBA 2K14... he knows the different... and obviously he's not yet getting some hands-on on this game, so how did he feels like its same?

and not to mentions some new features like MYGM, THE PARK, and the improved MYCAREER...

COMMENTING ON THESE KIND OF COMMENTS DOESNT MEAN YOU'RE MAD OR YOU'RE TAKING OUT HES RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT HE WANTS...

I hope you understand my point...

# 51 ccoaxum @ 11/13/13 09:36 AM
Quote:
im not getting mad... I understand him if he wants other game than this... but to say this thing....

"i just dont see buying this again.
but thats it.
thats the same gameplay bro."

as a reason? I understand him to say something like this "I want something fresh, something new... coz I played NBA 2K for almost 3 years" is better words than what he said...

coz if that he's reason its just like he's just trolling or want some arguments with this thread...

AND I LOVE COMMENTING WITH THOSE TROLLERS...

coz its obvious to say that if he has the 30 version of NBA 2K14... he knows the different... and obviously he's not yet getting some hands-on on this game, so how did he feels like its same?

and not to mentions some new features like MYGM, THE PARK, and the improved MYCAREER...

COMMENTING ON THESE KIND OF COMMENTS DOESNT MEAN YOU'RE MAD OR YOU'RE TAKING OUT HES RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT HE WANTS...

I hope you understand my point...
I understand your point...thanks...everyone else that has been getting ppl on here I don't

# 52 Kaanyr Vhok @ 11/13/13 10:13 AM
Def
Conservative
Play physical
Nothing inside
Limit transition
Limit perimeter shots
Key on player < and you can select the player
Crash defensive glass
Create chaos < sounds like a D&D spell

Off
Run in transition
Shoot at will
Get Shooters Open
Play Through
Get to the basket
Pick and roll
Feed the post

Pers Badges

Alpha Dog
Beta Dog
Primetime
Defensive Anchor < traded from sig skills
Thug .....jk
Cool and collected
closer
Heart and Soul > Wasnt on screen but the dev talked about it

BTW even if this game had PS 2 graphics that would have been the most realistic gameplay in videogame basketball history. The sliders looked excellent. Maybe the game was a 8 clicks too quick..

# 53 Boilerbuzz @ 11/13/13 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
This makes me so sad.
I LOVE diehard fans. The Warriors have bee God-awful for a LONG minute and here you are, representing your team.

No worries man. Based on the studio location, I'm sure they will be sure to fix any lingering issues with the Dubs. The team is represented in this game better than ever, don't you think?

# 54 Boilerbuzz @ 11/13/13 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kfanatic

Who doesn't?

# 55 Boilerbuzz @ 11/13/13 10:27 AM
Quote:
Why are you getting mad because you think people are getting mad because he's mad that it all look same???

Hmm...

What was the question again?

Seriously though, the dude is trolling and everyone here knows it. You do too.

# 56 franzis @ 11/13/13 10:44 AM
After watching the video, I would say that passing should be one of the main focus for next years.
They should really use the ecomotion to improve passing animations according to the situation/context as they did for shooting. Now many passes look really odd (ie chandler jump pass at 4:56)
This would make the game look much more realistic.

# 57 quehouston @ 11/13/13 10:59 AM
This video is really tough to watch multiple times to try and get something new out of it, because Ronnie is constantly overtalking EVERYONE when they are talking about some important information. It's pretty annoying.

# 58 Nevertheles109 @ 11/13/13 11:21 AM
My impressions of the what I've seen from NBA 2K14, next gen thus far.

- This is a different game, built from the same blueprint that made 2K14 successful. If you like 2K basketball, you'll love this!

- Ecomotion works, but needs work. For it's first iteration, it's great! This is the baseline for NG 2K and will take realism to the next level. Foot planting and emotion is just the beginning.

- Ecomotion is heaven sent for sim players and hell for people that may not be basketball enthusiast. Unless you play on rookie or pro, I see rhythm, not playing within the teams strengths and weaknesses a big problem for casual players. I'm talking offline as a rarely play online.

-Points of Emphasis may actually work!I'm surprised no one notice this but when Ronnie limited perimeter shots, they actually hugged on to klay and steph, except when they were coming off screens. I mean actually bodying them up and preventing any room. I loved when he keyed in on steph because it did the same except caused turnovers as the efforts were focused on one player! Watch again for this. Defense looks like it is vastly improved due to this.

- From the little I saw, post play looks refined. I saw some natural non generic moves from Bogut and Melo.

- Rebounding needs work. The fight for a rebound is something 2K needs to work on for next year. It just doesn't look as natural as everything else and certain bigs probably will dominate in a cheesy way, not a physical, uncanny athletic dominance that shows in NBA.

-Dribbling while moving is so life-like. The size up when not moving is still herky and jerky. Lives size up look real but from what I saw, the explosions suck. Exact opposite for 2K. Explosions are perfect but size up prior to moving is almost wasteful. You can see when Ronnie trys to size up. It looks dumb.

Sorry for long winding *** post. I hope I helped a few and most likely 2K for next year. Job well done guys

# 59 Muzyk23 @ 11/13/13 11:52 AM
Definitely passing animations stand out in a negative way. Can't believe some of the awful looking current-gen overhead pass animations made it into next-gen.

# 60 LemonHeart @ 11/13/13 12:03 PM
Quote:
so you go to nba live coz they have new things like signature dribbling with awful animations in other aspect and obviously almost same graphics of nba live with small improvements? why need to change sometihing already good, probably some animations are same with CG 2K14, so? still better than nba live's animations overall... so whats your point? so you can help me or us to change our decisions not to get this game?...
im just voicing my opinion at the moment, not really trying to persuade dudes.
i guess it has a little to do with trying something new.
the main reason is the latest FrontRow podcast though.
everything i learned about Live 14 wowed me.
the Fifa passing system their implementing means much more to me than Emotions.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.