Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

In next-gen NBA 2K14, you will see players lose their focus, become frustrated and discouraged in games, thanks to the Emotion Plus.

Source - Complex

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 tmac747 @ 11/13/13 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerPride
So will the emotion rating finally matter?
They had something similar in 2k11 with the different moods the players would have. They also had players being sluggish and rested.

# 42 Hunkerdown @ 11/13/13 05:18 PM
RIP LIVE, 2k14 came to play, play to win! Competition on next gen has made 2k team step it up! Love it! Between this and FIFA, I will be happy, and hopefully madden will be solid, not expecting ground breaking.

# 43 Gramps91 @ 11/13/13 06:46 PM
Looks amazing, can't wait to try this game out

# 44 Sundown @ 11/13/13 07:17 PM
Are there negative emotion badges? Like "Stage Fright"-- tendency to be inconsistent under pressure.

Or mixed emotion badges like "Irrational Confidence"-- not phased as much under pressure, must get constant shot opportunities to stay involved, loses morale when passing from a shot opening better than C+, and shot meter will always read A+?

# 45 YouCantGuardMe @ 11/13/13 07:18 PM
How early did IGN review the game anyway? I doubt they got to experience all the features and gameplay mechanics that the game had to offer in just a few days.

# 46 DirtyNeedles @ 11/13/13 08:39 PM
wow games with emotions? lol its getting too real

# 47 Brian_OS @ 11/13/13 08:41 PM
And IGN never mentioned this in their review? If this is true it's a game changer. I have been screaming where the emotions for years. Yes!

# 48 Caius101 @ 11/14/13 01:04 AM
Get frustrated... lose focus... yeah, looks like Howard will be as big a weak point in the game as he is in RL. lol

# 49 Blzer @ 11/14/13 01:38 AM
LOL and all the shots of Dwight always makes him look... well... like a dolt.

# 50 bwiggy33 @ 11/14/13 02:29 AM
This is the stuff all sports games need to add. It's a real life thing that can help sports games be more dynamic and less repetitive. As long as it's added in properly and in a non cheating way, it can do wonders for a game. I've been wanting this in NHL for years.

Anyway NBA looks unreal. I'm not a fan of the NBA at all but if I somehow come across a PS4 the next couple days this will be the game I buy. It just looks insane and what a Next Gen game should look like. It's really pumping me up to see what The Show looks like with even more dev time than what NBA had. The only other game I'd want is FIFA but I have that for 360 and I'm pretty content with it because all of these EA Sports games just look like ports. Pretty sickening considering what NBA 2k has done.

What's sad is that it's a little over a month into the hockey season and even though I watch the NHL every single day, I'm playing NBA 2k13 when I game. That's how bad EA NHL is right now. NBA 2k and The Show are just on other planets when it comes to work ethic and communication from the dev teams and overall quality. I wish a company could provide the same for a hockey game.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.