Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 nuckles2k2 @ 11/15/13 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
Man whoever is impressed with this has some really low expectations
Low expectations or easily pleased? You can have low expectations for Madden, and still be kind of put off that this game looks like a straight up port.

If a person is easily pleased, then does the quality of the product really matter? Hence the problem with Madden.

Marketing, marketing, name recognition, marketing, and viola...people buy it.

I didn't bring up the competition aspect because look at Battlefield vs CoD. The argument can be made that CoD releasing every year can give you CoD fatigue, and maybe they should hold off on a release or two, rebuild on a diff engine and go from there.

But with the name recognition, and marketing blitz they put on every year...they rake in billions (literally).

The "if we build it, people will come" view.

It just looks bad all around, especially when the product is really, really, undeniably flawed, and retails at full price.

# 62 roadman @ 11/15/13 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
Check out IGN's video review... It says it all and is well done. Bobbya does the review and breaks it down really well!
Not really, when he says, it's too realistic and not fun, is not what I look for in a review.

Plus, he said no tats on Kap. Goodell won't allow them in the game.

# 63 UH53 @ 11/15/13 09:17 AM
I wish I was a basketball fan! I think I might get 2K14 just to see what next gen gaming is about!

# 64 bigdoc85 @ 11/15/13 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
I wish I was a basketball fan! I think I might get 2K14 just to see what next gen gaming is about!
NBA 2K will make you a basketball fan. I wasn't that much of a fan until I got 2k11, then 2k12, 2k13 and now waiting on 2k14 (next gen).

# 65 PJ33 @ 11/15/13 09:33 AM
Vick should be sacked about every time when he drops back 15 yards. The ends should have a straight shot at him. I THOUGHT THE LINE WAS FIXED??? More EA bull!!!!! This is crap.

# 66 Only1LT @ 11/15/13 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
Man whoever is impressed with this has some really low expectations
Nobody wants to stab their eyes out when they see Madden more than me, but there is no place for this.

I think the game is pretty bad and I could not possibly have a lower opinion of the studio that develops the game, but I still understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Leave the bashing to the game itself, not the people playing it.

# 67 prhiam @ 11/15/13 09:36 AM
Impressed is exactly what I would say about the game after actually playing it. Madden's gameplay jump to next gen was more significant than 2k. NBA does look good and better than Madden marginally. But it still feels like the same game. I was hoping the hoops game would feel a little different, but it doesn't except it is a little harder to control your player. Didn't feel like dribble moves were working and there is not a tutorial or a practice mode from the main menu. In fact the menu is a little bare bones in NBA overall. Just my observations so far.

# 68 Only1LT @ 11/15/13 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodtooreal
I swear people just dislike EA if this same gameplay said 2k people would be like it looks great

# 69 Only1LT @ 11/15/13 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I going to try by the weekend to have a video showing current gen and next gen without labeling them so people can see if they can tell which is which.
Easy peasey. Just look to see which video has coaches with headsets.

# 70 ChuckaLuk @ 11/15/13 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 71 ChuckaLuk @ 11/15/13 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
If you pay attention to the vids the "game changers" are posting you will notice real quick the difference between the smoke and mirrors videos and the game play videos.

When you look at any live stream or game play vid from the view you actually play the game from you will notice this game is not doing much different from the game in your 360/ps3.

When shown from tight close up camera angles coupled with suggestive commentary the game "appears" to play like a different game.

One example is the simballcritic video where he is talking up the better zone coverage. If you pay attention you will see its really not better defense being played by the AI, but rather a bad throw made by whoever is playing offense. Since the replay angle is so close you dont pay attention to that. Dude should not have thrown the ball to the wr when he did in that vid. He threw it right into the coverage and its being hyped up to "better AI"

I see the startegy being used by EA and why they have been so geeked up on not letting gameplay footage "not created by them" slip into the wild.

Now on launch day they release the hounds to our boards to dump all there close up shot videos with the hype commentary.

Pay attention to what you are looking at, ignore the voice on the vid.
I agree with that post.

# 72 jcmreds @ 11/15/13 10:11 AM
The Madden team should be embarrassed that NBA 2K, and MLB the Show are such better representations of their sports. This looks nothing like what you see in an NFL game. Blow it up and start over.

# 73 xandermole25 @ 11/15/13 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Those of you guys bashing the videos in this thread...watch this other video below from a different post...dont be so hasty....if you are not impressed with what you see below..than it's time you just stay away from these madden forums.

Look at the impressive video below..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CtcRLu2LLM
that first russell wilson play was nice with how he stepped up in the pocket and ran through the hole, but that's one play and i've done it once or twice on current gen and about a thousand times on ps2, so i don't think it should be anything to be excited about

# 74 soonermagic88 @ 11/15/13 10:36 AM
Wow, literally a port of current gen plus one or two back of the box features. Shame on you EA.

Also, can anyone tell me why , around the 18:00 mark, on 2 straight plays WR's appear to fall down for no reason before they even get to the defender?

# 75 charter04 @ 11/15/13 10:36 AM
I'm so tired of people claiming that if we don't like the new Madden game it's just because of 2K or being a Madden *****. I bet not many people leaving comments are 2k fanboys or Madden haters. I'm neither. If you want me to respect your positive opinion then respect my disappointed/negative opinion.

I like the current gen game for what it is but, this new game is clearly a port. It's has very little difference. So to me it's clearly not worth $60. I think that is what is so disappointing to me and others. We are comparing what it is to what they claimed it would be. This seems so far from the E3 "gameplay" video and their claims. That is were the frustration comes from.

It's not 2k love or Madden Hate!

# 76 shanest88 @ 11/15/13 10:54 AM
This is the farthest thing from what we seen at E3 and what they are claiming. All I can say is say what the h*** EA. This is what you get from the madden franchise. Lies and hype to get people to go out and buy the game again because they know we've been playing madden for years and love football so much. I came to a breaking point with the game this year and vowed to not purchase another madden game. I'm glad this next gen doesn't persuade me at all to break that vow. I just hope in the near future can make a new LICENSED NFL game. IDC if its 2k, just someone else

# 77 inkcil @ 11/15/13 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm so tired of people claiming that if we don't like the new Madden game it's just because of 2K or being a Madden *****. I bet not many people leaving comments are 2k fanboys or Madden haters. I'm neither. If you want me to respect your positive opinion then respect my disappointed/negative opinion.

I like the current gen game for what it is but, this new game is clearly a port. It's has very little difference. So to me it's clearly not worth $60. I think that is what is so disappointing to me and others. We are comparing what it is to what they claimed it would be. This seems so far from the E3 "gameplay" video and their claims. That is were the frustration comes from.

Agreed, I WANT Madden to be good again. Nothing like firing up a good game of virtual football during the holidays. Maybe next year...

# 78 Shaffer26 @ 11/15/13 02:12 PM
All I'll say is that I'm glad I didn't buy it.

# 79 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/15/13 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04

Have you played the NG game?

# 80 charter04 @ 11/15/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Have you played the NG game?
No. I've just watched a lot of the new gameplay video's. I will play the Xbox1 demo. It still might be better when I play it. It just doesn't look worth $60 when I already have the 360 version. I'm still open to changing my mind when I play it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.