Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Madden NFL 25 is now playable for thousands for the PlayStation 4 with that console's launch. If you have the game, be sure to share your impressions below!

If you don't have the game, then no one cares about your impressions of a stream, so please don't post!

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 mooch49 @ 11/16/13 03:58 PM
I have been playing non-stop since I got the console last night. I am enjoying it very much. It certainly is the best Madden of all the maddens released this year, probably the last 7. But I still have one big gripe. The quarterbacks, even the elite ones, throw into coverage or up for grabs too much for my liking. This also occurred in the CG versions. As a result, there are a lot of interceptions for both cpu and user, even with the slider at 5. However, I did notice when increasing QB accuracy this happened less frequently. I have it at 75 now. The game by no means is revolutionary. Its really not a true next gen game. But with that being said, it's still the best Madden I have played since 05 on the ps2.

Sent from my AOSP on Flo using Tapatalk

# 162 bkrich83 @ 11/16/13 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
I have been playing non-stop since I got the console last night. I am enjoying it very much. It certainly is the best Madden of all the maddens released this year, probably the last 7. But I still have one big gripe. The quarterbacks, even the elite ones, throw into coverage or up for grabs too much for my liking. This also occurred in the CG versions. As a result, there are a lot of interceptions for both cpu and user, even with the slider at 5. However, I did notice when increasing QB accuracy this happened less frequently. I have it at 75 now. The game by no means is revolutionary. Its really not a true next gen game. But with that being said, it's still the best Madden I have played since 05 on the ps2.

Sent from my AOSP on Flo using Tapatalk
I think this mirrors my thoughts on the game. I would concur on all your points.

One more quick impression, I am really digging the replay angles, huge improvement over CG. CPU RB's seem to run to daylight better, and use jukes and spins and special moves more than they have in the past.

Overall, I've only played a handful of games, but it's the most fun I've had in Madden in some time.

# 163 jyoung @ 11/16/13 04:16 PM
So its seems that the overtime rules are not working during Play Now games.

I just had the CPU kick a field goal on the first possession of overtime and the game ended right there with the CPU winning.

I should have had a chance to match their FG or win with a touchdown. But I never got a possession like I should have.

Another missing rule I noticed is that you don't get the opportunity for a free kick after making a fair catch on a kick return during the final play of the half. I fair caught a ball around the 50 yard line hoping to take a free kick after time expired, but the game just went straight to the half time cinematic.

# 164 KingV2k3 @ 11/16/13 05:22 PM
Also:

Did the "missing sliders" from M25 return or are they still M.I.A?

Continued thanks...

# 165 bkrich83 @ 11/16/13 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Also:

Did the "missing sliders" from M25 return or are they still M.I.A?

Continued thanks...
What are those? I can look if you want, but not totally sure what you're talking about.

# 166 The JareBear @ 11/16/13 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What are those? I can look if you want, but not totally sure what you're talking about.
I could be wrong but I think he is asking about the sliders they took like block shedding for run defense, and I could still be wrong but I am almost positive the sliders available are the same as on CG M25...

Someone correct me though if I don't have it right

# 167 KingV2k3 @ 11/16/13 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
For M25 (current gen) they took "run defense" and "run reaction" out and now only have "tackling" for run defense and they used to be a third running slider to go along with the current "fumbles" and "run blocking" on offense...

THANKS!

Also:

Are Auto Subs working and are Formation Subs for O / D / ST back?

# 168 The JareBear @ 11/16/13 05:35 PM
Quote:
For M25 (current gen) they took "run defense" and "run reaction" out and now only have "tackling" for run defense and they used to be a third running slider to go along with the current "fumbles" and "run blocking" on offense...

THANKS!

Also:

Yeah,for sliders it is the same on NG as it is on CG. I am having a little trouble getting the CPU to stop the run just like I did on CG....still trying though....

# 169 bkrich83 @ 11/16/13 05:37 PM
Quote:

THANKS!

Also:

Same sliders. Haven't really played with Auto Subs, but I will this afternoon. Formation subs appear to be same as CG, where you have to do them within the formation in the playcalling screen.

# 170 KingV2k3 @ 11/16/13 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yeah,for sliders it is the same on NG as it is on CG. I am having a little trouble getting the CPU to stop the run just like I did on CG....still trying though....
UGH, but THANKS for the confirmation...

Reducing Holding (strength / duration of blocks) MAY help...

I'm using 40 (current gen) and that's about as high as that can go...

There's currently 3 sliders for passing and pass defense, but in the run game it's 2 (O sliders) to 1 (D sliders)...

Which makes ZERO sense...

# 171 bkrich83 @ 11/16/13 05:43 PM
Quote:
UGH, but THANKS for the confirmation...

Reducing Holding (strength / duration of blocks) MAY help...

I'm using 40 (current gen) and that's about as high as that can go...

There's currently 3 sliders for passing and pass defense, but in the run game it's 2 (O sliders) to 1 (D sliders)...

Which makes ZERO sense...
I will say this, I find the interior run game to be far more balanced in the NG version than CG in the games I have played. I think the ability to hold blocks on the edge is a little overdone so it's a little to easy to bounce outside a little too often than it should be.

Bear in mind, I've played a total of like 4 games.

# 172 Rules @ 11/16/13 06:15 PM
Each team seems to represent their real life play style.

Just wondering if the score ticker for other games is missing or is it supposed to be there and it's a known bug?

# 173 Formula1Racing @ 11/16/13 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Each team seems to represent their real life play style.

Just wondering if the missing score ticker for other games is missing or is it supposed to be there and it's a known bug?

I don't think that was implemented. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure CG didn't have this feature as well.

Lets hope for the next NG version(M15) they will revamp the presentation and include this as well as highlights of other games in you're CCM franchise.

# 174 bkrich83 @ 11/16/13 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs

"Coach is coming. If I get blacker maybe he'll put me in." LOL
CREEPY!!!

10 char.

# 175 TombSong @ 11/16/13 07:02 PM
I would love to see some impressions from people that have played a lot of games online. How does the game play when playing people ?

Can people roll out and sit for more than 6 seconds waiting for the coverage to break down and no linemen being able to break free to chase down the QB ?

Are people able to rocket catch/run your defender away from the WR then swerve back to catch the ball ?

Basicly is all the non-sense from CG been addressed of delt with in some way ?

# 176 Hiro1 @ 11/16/13 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I would love to see some impressions from people that have played a lot of games online. How does the game play when playing people ?

Can people roll out and sit for more than 6 seconds waiting for the coverage to break down and no linemen being able to break free to chase down the QB ?

Are people able to rocket catch/run your defender away from the WR then swerve back to catch the ball ?

I've played around 15 games online. I usually rush at least 4 every down. It's dependent on your Dline, but I've only seen about 4 plays where a Qb sat in the pocket or scrambled and had 6 seconds comfortably to throw the ball. Usually if the Qb leaves the pocket he's running for his life.

I haven't seen anyone run my DBs away from the ball. As far as rocket catching I did play against the Bears and Marshall and Jeffries(CPU) were out jumping my CBss.

Putting safeties over the top solved that problem.

# 177 apollon42 @ 11/16/13 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I've played around 15 games online. I usually rush at least 4 every down. It's dependent on your Dline, but I've only seen about 4 plays where a Qb sat in the pocket or scrambled and had 6 seconds comfortably to throw the ball. Usually if the Qb leaves the pocket he's running for his life.

I haven't seen anyone run my DBs away from the ball. As far as rocket catching I did play against the Bears and Marshall and Jeffries(CPU) were out jumping my CBss.

Putting safeties over the top solved that problem.
What's your record bro?

# 178 Smoke6 @ 11/16/13 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong

Basically most of it has been done away with, just deep balls have reared its ugly head so that will be the headache for the time being but its almost like it should be its just over powered in a sense.

The running away swerving thing has no bearing on this at all, yeah you will get a few that probably tried to hard to get it down but the foot planting mechanics in this game virtually put it to rest. I have played quite a bit online since the servers been and im seeing people try things from other maddens and they falling flat on there face trying to hard.

Just play football and be strategic and u should succeed. it actually feel like a chess match more than it ever has!

# 179 Rbk @ 11/16/13 08:56 PM
I got a new copy but I am still having framerate hitches, especially when throwing deep into coverage, it feels like it drops to 30fps or so at times.
It's worrying me that only a couple of guys in this thread mentioned it and makes me think it's my ps4, but all my other games are fine. It's not a game breaker, but it's very noticeable at times.

# 180 Hiro1 @ 11/16/13 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
What's your record bro?
12-3 Two losses came to the same guy using the Seahawks ran a funky lame defense 1-4-6 or something crazy then he would show blitz couldn't run consistently on it has Wagner plays like Houston from the chiefs dang near every play. Sigh.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.