Home
News Post

The dam has opened and the floodgates of Live 14 information is finally coming out shortly before the game's release date, with the most important bits of info being the gameplay footage we are now seeing trickle out.

This video shows some of the halftime show in Live 14 plus gameplay action from Houston and Golden State. The other video shows the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves.

What do you think?

Member Comments
# 241 GisherJohn24 @ 11/18/13 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
Nice troll response. This isn't the place to rip games you haven't played. Btw tecmo bball was awesome.

# 242 GisherJohn24 @ 11/18/13 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak50
There is no direction.

All the years EA had, they went back to the Elite engine (sorry this is NOT a touched up Live 10, Live 10 was a great game), ditched the nice animations from '10 and kept the dodgy Elite/Live 13 mess.

Likewise with the commentary. Go watch the Live 13 beta gameplay on Youtube. The commentary is exactly the same.

You can't take so many years off then come back with a nextgen only release that is already 5 years behind where you should be.

It's over.
Play the demo before saying things that have nothing to do with Live 14

# 243 J.C @ 11/18/13 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkaz79
Please look at the ref at 3;35 in the second video at the top!! Half Court Jesus now the Skiing ref!! LMAO!!
hahahaha I nearly died. good spot.

# 244 hawley088 @ 11/18/13 08:02 AM
Wow that was hard to watch. Only thing I like was the espn overlays

# 245 Boilerbuzz @ 11/18/13 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
I disagree. Live 06(minus 10)-11 were bigger abominations in my eyes) live on ps2 actually played better than live 06 on 360

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I respectfully disagree. Live 06 had graphics that popped out immediately. The shoot around menu was awesome. Contact was much better. It was rough, but it has elements that showed a real attempt to innovate.

# 246 Earl1963 @ 11/18/13 08:54 AM
I wish 2k had a crowd that was alive like this. 2k crowd has improved for next gen but it still far behind Lives.

# 247 J.C @ 11/18/13 08:56 AM
Note to EA.

Producing 10 Solid Snake clones and having them run around with a beach ball disguised as a Basketball is not how you beat 2K.

Watching this footage I was half expecting a box out to end up with 1 of the players to literally jump out of a card board box.

How did this come to be? how could this possibly of gotten over looked. Have these people never played basketball? Have they even watched a game?

Do they not understand that playing 82 games a season constantly hunched so low will not lead to a long and prosperous injury free NBA Career?

I'm no game dev but even the janitor down at EA could have popped his head in the door while they were play testing on his way past to clean the department urinals and told them that isn't proper posture... For us. never mind an NBA Athlete. Do they even straighten their legs. they run around like they're desperate to go pee.

They turn on a dime in 1 single animation in some lame floaty manner.

Lol at some of the shot contesting on the perimeter. *hands by your sides* ...BAM *Hands in the air* . where's the weight? the transition? . Laziness at it's finest. This deserves to end up the biggest flop since E.T the video game.

What an absolute joke.

# 248 Melbournelad @ 11/18/13 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C
Note to EA.

Producing 10 Solid Snake clones and having them run around with a beach ball disguised as a Basketball is not how you beat 2K.

Watching this footage I was half expecting a box out to end up with 1 of the players to literally jump out of a card board box.

How did this come to be? how could this possibly of gotten over looked. Have these people never played basketball? Have they even watched a game?

Do they not understand that playing 82 games a season constantly hunched so low will not lead to a long and prosperous injury free NBA Career?

I'm no game dev but even the janitor down at EA could have popped his head in the door while they were play testing on his way past to clean the department urinals and told them that isn't proper posture... For us. never mind an NBA Athlete. Do they even straighten their legs. they run around like they're desperate to go pee.

They turn on a dime in 1 single animation in some lame floaty manner.

Lol at some of the shot contesting on the perimeter. *hands by your sides* ...BAM *Hands in the air* . where's the weight? the transition? . Laziness at it's finest. This deserves to end up the biggest flop since E.T the video game.

What an absolute joke.

# 249 AlreadyKnoJ @ 11/18/13 11:54 AM
Thats right EA keep on screwin up I love it!!

# 250 DirtySouf @ 11/18/13 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlreadyKnoJ
Thats right EA keep on screwin up I love it!!
Why? We need them to get it right so that 2K can improve on their shortcomings also...

# 251 mythreesons @ 11/18/13 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I wish 2k had a crowd that was alive like this. 2k crowd has improved for next gen but it still far behind Lives.
Seems a lot of folks believe that Live's crowd was/is on point, but for mthey are too animated. They jump and hollering when they shouldn't. I'd rather it build to a crescendo than be hyper all the time. I will agree that 2k sits when it shouldn't, but Live is perpetual motion when it should be sitting still.

Somewhere between the two is a realistic crowd

# 252 jmood88 @ 11/18/13 12:55 PM
Quote:
They have a direction. It has potential. It just needs work. A lot of work. It's not an abomination as most people are Making it sound. Realistically, no one expected it to dethrone anyone. Maybe I had lower expectations. After the gameplay trailer, I was expecting skating and a lot of rockets dunks and center shooting threes (and making them)

For a team that claims they had a regular Dev cycle and not three years, it's a decent effort/reboot. If this was a 19.99 effort I might buy it. 59.99? can't justify that.

If they listen to the community, and hire some animation actors like tfb then they are already moving up. If they stick to the game computer generated animations then they might as well hang it up. The FIFA formula does not apply to every sport game.

You must be giving them credit for simply showing up because I have no idea what you're seeing that tells you that they're going in the right direction. They still have issues that were never fixed from when they were putting out games every year.

# 253 titans321 @ 11/18/13 01:19 PM
Love this game. Can't wait to get it.

# 254 bpool21 @ 11/18/13 04:17 PM
looks like i will be buying live!

# 255 yungflo @ 11/18/13 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You must be giving them credit for simply showing up because I have no idea what you're seeing that tells you that they're going in the right direction. They still have issues that were never fixed from when they were putting out games every year.
For starters foot planting is improved. Ai seems smarter. Not completely smart but smarter than past

What did you expect in a year one? I give credit for the devs for making most out of it. They claim they only had one dev cycle. I blame ea the company for not putting much stock in the development of this game. It was the same for FIFA they ignored it until they saw it could really generate money

# 256 magicman32 @ 11/18/13 04:53 PM
Quote:
For starters foot planting is improved. Ai seems smarter. Not completely smart but smarter than past

What did you expect in a year one? I give credit for the devs for making most out of it. They claim they only had one dev cycle. I blame ea the company for not putting much stock in the development of this game. It was the same for FIFA they ignored it until they saw it could really generate money

The AI doesn't really even move. No cutting. No pin downs. The and defense don't move and it doesn't look like today's nba. This game really is disappointing. It looks terrible. I don't get how you can say the AI is smart. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 257 Boilerbuzz @ 11/18/13 07:11 PM
Quote:

I don't think it was that. It's soccer. The biggest sport in the world. It easily makes money. They figured that with the FIFA lockup, they could just make any garbage and people would buy it. Unlike football in the US, if you make a BETTER game of soccer, people buy that instead of your game. PES was killing them. If PES didn't mess up online, they would still be scratching for dimes.

# 258 blueduke @ 11/18/13 07:26 PM
Quote:

"Foot planting"? Really? Talk about grasping at straws! I'm convinced EA could serve some an excrement sandwich (they have done this with some of their past offerings) and their fans would exclaim "delicious! May I have another?"

# 259 yungflo @ 11/18/13 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduke
"Foot planting"? Really? Talk about grasping at straws! I'm convinced EA could serve some an excrement sandwich (they have done this with some of their past offerings) and their fans would exclaim "delicious! May I have another?"
I'm just getting you what I saw. I'm not a live fan. I'm merely saying this game has potential moving forward and it doesn't seem as terrible as people are making it sound. I see it avg 66-70 on metacritic

# 260 nuckles2k2 @ 11/19/13 09:03 AM
Quote:
I'm just getting you what I saw. I'm not a live fan. I'm merely saying this game has potential moving forward and it doesn't seem as terrible as people are making it sound. I see it avg 66-70 on metacritic

The only potential I see is from there being 5 players on the court per team, a basketball, and refs. Everything else is...well...just kind of there. The AI just exists, not doing much. Right or wrong, they're just...there.

Take that, and the fact this game is around the same size as a current/last gen game (8-9gigs) which is roughly 16-18% of the disc space, and you my friend...have a last gen game with a fresh coat of paint.

Any potential you claim to see would have to be based on expectations of what the 360 and PS3 could do.

This doesn't even look as decent as the other ports we see on the PS4. Assassin's Creed 4 looks, and feels like a port with a fresh coat of "next gen paint" on it, and if you compare that to Live..

Let's call a spade a spade.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.