Home
News Post

The dam has opened and the floodgates of Live 14 information is finally coming out shortly before the game's release date, with the most important bits of info being the gameplay footage we are now seeing trickle out.

This video shows some of the halftime show in Live 14 plus gameplay action from Houston and Golden State. The other video shows the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves.

What do you think?

Member Comments
# 41 nick_sr @ 11/15/13 12:38 PM
curious to see how it will play after the first patch. as I said a few times, just want the game to come out and make improvement next year. can't wait to play the demo and get a feel for myself.

# 42 nick_sr @ 11/15/13 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Congrats! Would like to hear your impressions of the Live demo (if you aren't someone who is just going to predictably bash it senseless).
I will definitely give my impressions when I play the demo. Might stop off at a certain spot to see if I can get a copy of the actual game later though lol

# 43 stillfeelme @ 11/15/13 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
I understand some of you guys that are willing to give the game an opportunity to keep to competition going, but EA dropped the ball once again. They should have been more generous with the price if they knew the game was not going to wow us. All I have to say is don't be mad if any of you decide to spend $60 after what we have seen so far.
Yeah it is all about what people value. I think some want something different regardless, some want nostlagia because they grew up playing live. Some like it as is and see it is worth $60. Some are buying it regardless. Some $60 is nothing so the purchase means nothing if the game isn't that good. Live may have a few features worth playing but if you can ignore the ugly parts like it doesn't exist is the question. Me personally I don't see a $60 game but whatever.

# 44 TheBadazz @ 11/15/13 12:42 PM
Cancelled. Not paying for this.

# 45 Muzyk23 @ 11/15/13 12:42 PM
Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you, but in my opinion, 2K's gameplay is stale. Live 10 was a better game than 2K in my opinion and the best bball sim to date, so anything that looks and plays like that game is going to be my preference.

I'm just happy to see some great spacing. Wish the user knew the controls more so they could actually showcase some things.
Spacing is fantastic, always has been.

# 46 ClevelandinDistress @ 11/15/13 12:43 PM
"EA SPORTS IGNITE: blending new technology with the best rendering, run-time physics, animation, intelligence, locomotion, and online systems from across EA into one powerful, new engine"

Straight up liars!!!!!

# 47 nick_sr @ 11/15/13 12:43 PM
Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you, but in my opinion, 2K's gameplay is stale. Live 10 was a better game than 2K in my opinion and the best bball sim to date, so anything that looks and plays like that game is going to be my preference.

I'm just happy to see some great spacing. Wish the user knew the controls more so they could actually showcase some things.
can't get a feel from the vids, but 2k14 on ps4 looks like it plays the exactly like 2k12, 13, and 14 on ps3.

# 48 OOO @ 11/15/13 12:44 PM
Just cancelled my Amazon pre-order. Yikes what a mess.

# 49 nick_sr @ 11/15/13 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOO
Just cancelled my Amazon pre-order. Yikes what a mess.
you have my laughing like crazy lol

# 50 Teddy_Long @ 11/15/13 12:47 PM
lmao, at the cancel responses

# 51 24ct @ 11/15/13 12:48 PM
Herky jerky, but I already like the presentation. It's cheating because it's ESPN, but you can't beat that over a default.

Liked the halftime show...Liked the wired in section...

The presentation gets a 10, lol...

I haven't played but I will check it out based on the presentation...

I'm just thankful there is competition. Just needs better animations.

# 52 dat boi Q @ 11/15/13 12:54 PM
If you like what you see then please get this game. 2k basketball isn't for everyone. After playing mt ps4 all last night then waking up and watching this. Ain't no way in hell I would spend 60$ on this.

# 53 TreyIM2 @ 11/15/13 01:13 PM
Hmm. What to say? Uhh, I actually thought it wasn't that bad, based on my lowered expectations. Lol. I think they needed something to get them back to a decent level after scrapping the last 2 games. I am really not mad at what I seen when as a retail version.

A few things looked no bueno such as Wolves dude setting pick then rolling out of bounds with no sideline awareness and some throwback looking animation stiffness/awkwardness but the ball handling and dribbling looked good in motion. 2K14 seems to have some animation awkwardness still, as well, based on vids I've seen specifially the clicking and popping animation transitions still being evident so I can't be too hard on Live.
I have a feeling that in hand, the game will feel great so so some of the outdatedness will wash after a while.
The videos weren't great quality neither but vids just don't do any of these next gen games justice, anyway.
I know from playing PS4 demos, especially when it came to FIFA. Plus 1080p TVs are a MUST for the full effect of the graphics and resolution...

Still waiting for UPS to deliver my PS4 Grrr...

Anyway, the presentation seems muy, muy bueno. The wired coaches is a fabulous touch. Audio sound great as ever. Some good stuff to start with but I'll stick to the demo. Lol. Don't want to fork out that 60. 2K14 will hold me down, just lovely

# 54 BlAcK_OpS @ 11/15/13 01:14 PM
Meh..... it looks DECENT overall. Like I others I guess I can see the potential in the gameplay. It still doesn't move as smoothly as it needs to but hopefully they stay committed to this game and get it where it needs to be to contend with nba 2k14. I'll definitely gamefly this because just to see where they're at with the game myself. Commentary to me sounded terrible though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

# 55 reeboyfresh23 @ 11/15/13 01:18 PM
Last gen commentary as well.way to much dead silence until they say anything imo.

# 56 TheBadazz @ 11/15/13 01:26 PM
This is truly a PSN/XBL $20 game. Nothing more. Can't give EA $60 for it. I almost could understand if it was a port, but this is suppose to be Next Gen from the ground up. This looks like it's for the PSP! And that's real!

# 57 A69Scorelord @ 11/15/13 01:29 PM
What a waste of great presentation for this crappy game

# 58 A69Scorelord @ 11/15/13 01:32 PM
Honestly, Live 09 looks just as good as this if not better

# 59 babythug23 @ 11/15/13 01:34 PM
Anyone notice when they post up a teammate comes and set a pick?? And no sliders to fix it?

# 60 fluent2332 @ 11/15/13 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
Anyone notice when they post up a teammate comes and set a pick?? And no sliders to fix it?
The user was probably holding the pick button thinking it was the back down button.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.