Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Check out some of the latest NBA Live 14 gameplay footage from Sports Gaming Universe.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 DreamAgain @ 11/17/13 08:09 PM
It's absolutely astonishing to me that there's actually people in here (ON A DEDICATED SPORTS GAMING FORUM MIND YOU) who are complimenting this game saying it looks good.

What
the

Also it's equally amazing people continue to defend EA. Literally the WORST gaming company out there on so many levels. Day 1 DLC, Yearly milking, taking too much control over Devs and releasing games early, etc. They've driven gaming in general to the ground not just sports games. For Sports games they've literally tried to buy up every single license so they can corner the market with faulty products. How can you defend EA? They are such ajoke.

# 122 RandomPerson @ 11/17/13 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobeats
One thing that I really like about live is the speed of the game .... Much slower and settled.
What? Just looks like a very choppy frame rate to me.

# 123 RandomPerson @ 11/17/13 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
This hasn't been mentioned yet (until now) but I agree wholeheartedly. I'm thinking it's going to make for some really strategic online matches against sim opponents.
I swear this dude is an EA PR guy.

# 124 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 11/17/13 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypeMachine6
You do realise you went onto bash the game anyway, not EA directly, but Live 14 in general
My apologies if it sounded like bashing to you. I was super excited for Live 14 with the early trailers, even after the first "gameplay trailer" that seemed to get bashed I still was holding out to give it a real shot. I don't wanna bash anything at all.

I just feel let down. This game looks bad to me from what I've seen. I'll still check out the demo for myself and see what's up for myself. But as someone who's played and watched hoops forever, I just can't rationalize what I've been seeing in all the videos coming out.

To each his own though man, not bashing at all! I won't throw shade at anyone else's enjoyment of this if they like it. Just my thoughts!

Sent from my VZW Note 3

# 125 rbfn04 @ 11/17/13 09:30 PM
Someone probably said this alrerady, but animation from dribble to shot is awkward af. Lot of problems with spacing, double teaming like the Knicks (without need and from dumb angles)... They have a lot to improve.

# 126 yungflo @ 11/17/13 09:32 PM
no one is saying its goty, just sayings its better than elite. it has potential but thats really all at this point. its a decent foundation. add more animations, captured animations instead of computer generated animations and things change. i cant believe everyone here forgot elite 11. some of you guys are overreacting. its prbably a 6.0-7.0 game. thats fair to avg

# 127 alexthegreat @ 11/17/13 09:41 PM
Whenever somebody tries to score or do a move in the post

# 128 King_B_Mack @ 11/17/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
no one is saying its goty, just sayings its better than elite. it has potential but thats really all at this point. its a decent foundation. add more animations, captured animations instead of computer generated animations and things change. i cant believe everyone here forgot elite 11. some of you guys are overreacting. its prbably a 6.0-7.0 game. thats fair to avg
First, who forgot about Elite? We all remember that garbage, much as we may not want to. Eyes can't unsee what that was.

Lastly is this really THAT different from Elite and Live 13?

and because there is some truth in this video

# 129 bubba4 @ 11/17/13 10:36 PM
I am really surprised that they would come back to basketball using a lot of their old assets. Their ball physics have always be horrible, and yet they come right back with more of the same. The ball physics for EA basketball was pretty much like a pinball. They do have some good ideas but this game can only be looked at as a nice effort(try). This is really not the competition some were hoping for.

# 130 rbfn04 @ 11/17/13 10:57 PM
Showed a friend videos of Live. Big game nerd. Like huge game nerd. He said it is a current gen game passing for a next gen. I can't really disagree

# 131 Boilerbuzz @ 11/17/13 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
No one forgot it. It was never released.
Folks have been brow-beaten to death that Elite was 3 years ago done by another studio. So all comparisons to Elite were to be dismissed. Now, that the game resembles Elite too much for comfort, we are supposed to compare now? I'm confused. For the record, I agree. This game is a lot better than Elite. But that really isn't saying much. It shouldn't even compare. Elite really shouldn't be in the discussion. Yet, here we are.

# 132 Melbournelad @ 11/17/13 11:54 PM
Lol at 6:44 in the first quarter, what the hell was that?

# 133 King_B_Mack @ 11/18/13 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
The Synergy for Chris Paul's flopping hasn't been properly implemented yet.

# 134 Boilerbuzz @ 11/18/13 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Ask Madden and FIFA fans. They are all too familiar with that one.

# 135 yungflo @ 11/18/13 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
First, who forgot about Elite? We all remember that garbage, much as we may not want to. Eyes can't unsee what that was.

Lastly is this really THAT different from Elite and Live 13?

and because there is some truth in this video

Yes there is better foot planting in this game. I'm not saying there isn't any sliding but it's minimal compared to elite. You also don't see centers pulling up for three.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

# 136 yungflo @ 11/18/13 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Folks have been brow-beaten to death that Elite was 3 years ago done by another studio. So all comparisons to Elite were to be dismissed. Now, that the game resembles Elite too much for comfort, we are supposed to compare now? I'm confused. For the record, I agree. This game is a lot better than Elite. But that really isn't saying much. It shouldn't even compare. Elite really shouldn't be in the discussion. Yet, here we are.
What other body of work can we compare it to? Live 13 and elite are their recent efforts

# 137 Supersonic_BR @ 11/18/13 01:04 AM
Commentary is AWFUL.

Gameplay has some very sharp moments, and some terrible ones as well. Those curl screens with Redick at the elbow are just weird, the passes are always way to close to the sideline and get's him off position to shoot a 3.

But all in all this definitely doesn't seem like a bad game.

# 138 shutdown10 @ 11/18/13 01:12 AM
I wonder what Kyrie Irving thinks of this game. Kevin Durant was suppose to be in Elite 11, which got scrapped then he gets put on the NBA 2k13 cover along with D, Rose and B. Griffin. Somebody should ask him that question on his twitter.

# 139 Artur @ 11/18/13 01:15 AM
Go away EA! We don't need company that behaves like a parasite. I'm declared a boycott to EA! Join me!

# 140 daam81 @ 11/18/13 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
What other body of work can we compare it to? Live 13 and elite are their recent efforts

So we have to compare live 14 with elite, a 3 year old previous gen game that wasn't even released and people are still defending ea?

Really?

They've had 3 years to make a proper next gen simulation bball game...and we get this?

I'm sorry but we, as paying customers, can expect something better for 60$.

If it's part 1 of a 3 year plan the game should be 20-30$. Konami did that with pes this year, but this is ea we're talking about..so I fully expect their main focus to be ultimate team, not (simulation) gameplay improvements.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.