Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

If you read the early impressions of Madden 25 we released on Saturday, then you know that we have found the game to be a obvious upgrade from the PS3 and Xbox 360 version, but we also had some issues with the game. The initial things we liked so far about the title on the PS4 (running game, line play, overall defense) we are liking even more as we spend more time with EA’s first next gen football title (that’s a good thing). The things we disliked, which are mostly carry-over issues from last gen, are more noticeable now and we assume will diminish the overall experience a bit more than they actually should.

Read More - Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Extended Impressions

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ultralow36 @ 11/19/13 07:40 AM
good write up im liking the game 1st time in years..

# 2 Dazraz @ 11/19/13 07:59 AM
I get my Xbox One at the end of the week. Sure hoping Madden & Forza deliver as NBA 2K & FIFA are no goes for me due to the lack of Offline Multiplayer Modes.

# 3 jukeum445 @ 11/19/13 09:32 AM
good impression.. i'm having fun again with madden, just having issues with the difficulties.. all-pro is too easy and all madden is too fake with the results..

# 4 TreyIM2 @ 11/19/13 10:09 AM
Initially, I was highly critical of this game in what I thought was possibly a lazy port of the now last gen version of the game, mind u I didn't get 25 on my PS3 because I new I was getting it for PS4, but over time, the game has increasingly grown on me as well. True Step is friggin great. Took a lil getting used to with run timing and the extra steps players take in their animations but I thought TS was great from go. Line play is improved as well. I love the double teaming, even when it's happening against me. Lol.

I've only played a few games because I took time to do the skills drills to get more comfortable with the controls and I've also been running a TON of offensive practice drills, which I set to random plays on O and D to keep em coming fast and furious, so I can continue to sharpen my skills. Been a long while since I was playing 13 and even then, I did the same thing with the drills but never got into my chise cuz PS3 ylod on me.

At any rate, the visuals have caught up with me more. Still think EA didn't do enough with textures and the player/people art has to be revamped, completely but the grass and stadiums look great along with finally having a polygon crowd although we need more variation in the fans clothing and animations.

The animations and IE definitely need work and those were also contributing to my initial impressions but I think I expected way too much especially from EA so I got over it and learned to enjoy what's there.

# 5 supermanemblem @ 11/19/13 10:35 AM
Best Madden in years. I'm glad I gave EA one last shot. Running game and pass defense are a little wonky but not deal breakers. My d-line actually gets sacks. I also love the auto resume feature.

# 6 asu666 @ 11/19/13 11:04 AM
The lack of penalties and animation hicups killed the experience for me. I played a couple of games and called it quits. FIFA and NBA 2K offer a deeper experience with fewer frustrations. 25 years of Madden and the penalties still feel PSOneish.

# 7 priam11 @ 11/19/13 12:06 PM
That last post concerns me enough to hold off on the purchase. Penalties are part of the game. Potential point getting drives get stalled by penalties all the time. To have so few, at the stage of the franchise, is what brings me crashing back to reality.

Like what happen to holding penalties this year in Madden and NCAA?

# 8 mikey04 @ 11/19/13 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by priam11
That last post concerns me enough to hold off on the purchase. Penalties are part of the game. Potential point getting drives get stalled by penalties all the time. To have so few, at the stage of the franchise, is what brings me crashing back to reality.

Just raise the penalty sliders. They actually work. I was getting holding calls on almost every play when I moved the sliders.

# 9 kencnj @ 11/19/13 12:52 PM
Overall, this version plays like Madden 2005, which is the last Madden I actually liked.I absolutely love the auto resume,it's something that never showed up on PS3 or Xbox 360. Now I can finish a game instead of using the awful super sim. A huge negative for me is the fact that the franchise mode doesn't allow you to create your own uniforms and stadiums.

# 10 D Rey @ 11/19/13 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by priam11

I raised the penalty sliders and I get about 10 a game total and no there never has been a PI penalty! My last game I scored on a run play with about 20 seconds left and it got called back for holding! Couldn't score again and I lost!

# 11 roadman @ 11/19/13 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
How about how the challenge system has worked for years? We still can't select what type of penalty we want to challenge, and it's kiiiiiiillllling me. It's one of the most frustrating parts of the game for me.
I'm assuming you mean we can't choose what plays we can challenge instead of penalties?

# 12 joet6683 @ 11/19/13 04:48 PM
i've grown tired of the ea football games, madden 13 was the only one I got since the 11 versions (and i used to get both games every year), but i only played maybe 10 games or so.

Maybe it's because i took some time off, or maybe the actual changes, but i am finding this game pretty fun. I had some games with average scoring, a couple with high scoring, and one 10-0 defensive battle (in which i lost.)

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN WE HAVE AN ACCELERATED CLOCK WHEN UNDER 2 MINUTES IN THE HALF?!?!?!??!?!?!?! Using no huddle takes a close to realistic amount of time, if running the same play you can get the snap off with about 30 left, if changing the play closer to 25 or 20. But if using game flow, i can get to the huddle, get an entirely new package on the field, and get a snap off with 35 left on the play clock??? So freaking annoying.

# 13 spacedog @ 11/19/13 05:18 PM
I think they should also implement the chew clock feature from NCAA at least if no accelerated clock, it may only be a few seconds but it adds up when you're trying to kneel out the clock against the CPU and it doesn't run the clock down like NCAA would let you. Maybe next year they can add that.

# 14 malky @ 11/19/13 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
I think it's fair to say EA took a very "safe" route with next-gen. Although promoting the infamous RGIII scramble, which is prominently showcased on featured Madden 25 commercials now is pure FALSE advertisement. Things they did tune seem to have all been achievable last gen. Even with the higher textures Madden still looks like a PS3 game akin to NBA Live.

The Player models are really bad and the animation is just an eye sore. The thing that irks me the most is the QB scramble, they've taken the most exciting play in football, (outside of a pick six) and made it look horrible. WHY DOES EVER QB DO THAT STUPID RUNNING ANIMATION WHEN SCRAMBLING? Can this please be addressed?

The commentary is so bad its dreadful. I started a CFM and traded away Josh Freeman before the start of the season. Sure enough once the season started, all Nantz kept talking about was how the Bucs needs Freeman to show them this year he is the leader. Even when we lost our first game week 1, he started a ramble the very next week about how the Bucs didn't play well but still got the win. Its no longer a question of technical limits - more so the desire to actually pay attention to detail. Unfortunately I think that is something Tiburon simply doesn't care about.

The line play and defense overall is well improved and for that I tip my hat to Tiburon. Nothing like staring down a receiver only to see a DB realistically jump the route or make a great break on the ball. It's a thing of beauty and it forces me to take what the defense is giving me. It also keeps me engaged in a chest match with the "often" over-powered CPU. But since sliders have been fixed this year, this by far IS the best playing Madden in 9 years.
But is that even saying much at this point?

That said, living worlds is a complete joke. The crowd swells are random, but when they do trigger it feels good. Problem is, there is no 3rd down emotion or sense of urgency. Nothing, it's just dead. There is much that could be added from real-time presentation. Don't get me started on the sidelines crap, that's just bad.

Over-all score: 6/10
the commentary issue you mention is what makes me angry at Madden, seriously??? No excuse WHATSOEVER for that happening.

# 15 Hazic iz Rippin @ 11/20/13 11:44 AM
cant wait to get one of the new systems but im atill having trouble deciding which to get

# 16 TreyIM2 @ 11/20/13 09:02 PM
There was just an illegal touching call in my game!!!! That's not even listed as a penalties slider!! Plus it went against my opponent! ! Nice!!

# 17 sethschroeder @ 11/20/13 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspang2
I just want to add my 2 cents... I am one of the biggest Madden fans/EA Sports fans for past 20 years. I have to be completely honest, I am so disappointed in EA sports and Madden for this Next-Generation game. I keep reading how this is the best madden yet etc...etc... etc... and yes the game play is slightly better. But I refuse to settle for slightly better. This is suppose to be the NEXT-GENERATION of sports gaming and all we are getting is slightly better game play with PS3.5 graphics. I still think ESPN 2K5 is better visual and gameplay game then this PS4 Madden 25 garbage.

I PRAY 2K SPORTS starts making NFL games again..... LORD PLEASE!! If we got an NFL 2K15 Game that looked like NBA 2K14 I think everyone would finally get a NEXT-GENERATION game WE ALL DESERVE!!
Please at least be honest. Your not one of the biggest Madden/EA fans if you want ESPN 2k5 back.... Please people stop this crap, 2k is dead. I was never even close to a fan of that series I played it quite a bit when they dropped the price to the $20 new release or whatever the price was but it never surpassed madden in my eyes.

# 18 jpdavis82 @ 11/21/13 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspang2
I just want to add my 2 cents... I am one of the biggest Madden fans/EA Sports fans for past 20 years. I have to be completely honest, I am so disappointed in EA sports and Madden for this Next-Generation game. I keep reading how this is the best madden yet etc...etc... etc... and yes the game play is slightly better. But I refuse to settle for slightly better. This is suppose to be the NEXT-GENERATION of sports gaming and all we are getting is slightly better game play with PS3.5 graphics. I still think ESPN 2K5 is better visual and gameplay game then this PS4 Madden 25 garbage.

I PRAY 2K SPORTS starts making NFL games again..... LORD PLEASE!! If we got an NFL 2K15 Game that looked like NBA 2K14 I think everyone would finally get a NEXT-GENERATION game WE ALL DESERVE!!
To each their own, but I'm good with ''settling'' for this, let's get back on topic guys.

# 19 jpdavis82 @ 11/21/13 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman65
Aren't you the game changer that said Madden 25 CG was a great game? jpdavis82
No I'm not a GC and I don't feel like M25 cg is a great game, it's a ok game and next gen M25 looks better than it, I haven't played it yet, but it sounds like most people are enjoying it.

# 20 tmac747 @ 11/21/13 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
There was just an illegal touching call in my game!!!! That's not even listed as a penalties slider!! Plus it went against my opponent! ! Nice!!
I've had illegal man down field called in CG...regardless of what people think, everything goes to how you set sliders and penalties.I play on very slow...get to see a lot more animations as well.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.