Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

The NBA Live 14 demo is available now on the PlayStation Store. You can also queue it up on the official PlayStation app (iOS, Android).

Below are some of the details for the NBA Live 14 demo, read more about it here.

Tip-Off - Play a full game with the following teams:
  • Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Oklahoma City Thunder
  • New York Knicks
  • Golden State Warriors
Offline head to head matchups
One of five BIG Moments
Live Ultimate Team

Throughout the season, CourtQ and Synergy Sports will update the rosters, ratings and tendencies of all available teams and players in the demo.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 verbalhologram @ 11/24/13 03:05 AM
anyway to move your off the ball players eg: take control of the get them to cut etc ,as a feature we used to have in live 10.

# 142 Boilerbuzz @ 11/24/13 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalhologram
anyway to move your off the ball players eg: take control of the get them to cut etc ,as a feature we used to have in live 10.
Yes there is and this feature is quite cool. I'm sure nick_sr would love to expand in this...

# 143 Tha_Kid @ 11/24/13 03:13 AM
The game has no real sense of speed. If im John Wall and I deflect the ball in such a way that me and Deron Williams from a dead stop have to sprint to the ball, I should win 10/10 times. Instead they're the same speed.

# 144 erickonasis @ 11/24/13 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
2K has never played realistically, and it never will. Players are uncontrollable because they are to loose, once you get going one way, it's impossible to go the other. Players sliding around the court, getting sucked into animations, making every 3 you put up, ghost fouls, I could go on and on.
You sir IMO have never watched nor played a basketball game in your life with a post like this

# 145 JoeDog10 @ 11/24/13 11:59 AM
I have a confession to make...I'm really having fun with this demo.

I used the word "confession" because it feels wrong to like this game. I own 2K and have played it for hours and hours and I love it. I think we all know that it's far and away a better game than Live. That being said, there's just something about Live that keeps me coming back to the demo.

I would say that the biggest reason is probably nostalgia. I'm 33 years old, so EA basketball has been a big part of my gaming life ever since Bulls vs. Lakers. No matter how far the Live series has fallen, I think I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for this game.

Other than that, though, I am somewhat enjoying the gameplay. I mean, there's a lot to dislike too. The graphics are subpar, and the animations are terrible at best. Obviously, that's kind of important and hard to overlook. But, I am just enjoying the game for what is is at this point. Some random thoughts:

- I really like the hop step. I have been reading a lot of impressions on how it is easily exploited, but I don't use it that way. As herky-jerky as the game can feel a lot of the time, I love how smooth it feels to hop step in the lane and then pull up for a jumper.

- I like that the CPU actually misses shots. One of the things in 2K that bothers me is that the CPU makes way too many shots, even with slider adjustments. The problem in Live, however, is that there are too many missed shots.

- If Synergy is working, I haven't really seen it yet. The only team on the demo that seems to not iso all game is the Warriors. I hope this will get fixed.

- I enjoy that the game is slower paced. However, it just plays too slow most of the time. While this is great when you are in the half court, it ruins the fun of running the break because the players are so sluggish.

- I'm enjoying the atmosphere of the crowd, but I can't believe how bad the commentary is. I mean Breen and JVG sounds good, but they aren't fluid. There is too much dead air.

So honestly, there is more bad in this game than there is good. But, with 2K and COD as my only games until The Show comes out, I think I'll enjoy Live enough to pick it up and put it in my rotation. Don't worry guys, I have enough credit at GameStop that it won't cost me a dime...LOL. Hopefully if these patches work out some of the quirks, and I can get the more advanced controls down, I will be able to have a nice alternative to 2K.

# 146 nick_sr @ 11/24/13 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDog10
I have a confession to make...I'm really having fun with this demo.

I used the word "confession" because it feels wrong to like this game. I own 2K and have played it for hours and hours and I love it. I think we all know that it's far and away a better game than Live. That being said, there's just something about Live that keeps me coming back to the demo.

I would say that the biggest reason is probably nostalgia. I'm 33 years old, so EA basketball has been a big part of my gaming life ever since Bulls vs. Lakers. No matter how far the Live series has fallen, I think I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for this game.

Other than that, though, I am somewhat enjoying the gameplay. I mean, there's a lot to dislike too. The graphics are subpar, and the animations are terrible at best. Obviously, that's kind of important and hard to overlook. But, I am just enjoying the game for what is is at this point. Some random thoughts:

- I really like the hop step. I have been reading a lot of impressions on how it is easily exploited, but I don't use it that way. As herky-jerky as the game can feel a lot of the time, I love how smooth it feels to hop step in the lane and then pull up for a jumper.

- I like that the CPU actually misses shots. One of the things in 2K that bothers me is that the CPU makes way too many shots, even with slider adjustments. The problem in Live, however, is that there are too many missed shots.

- If Synergy is working, I haven't really seen it yet. The only team on the demo that seems to not iso all game is the Warriors. I hope this will get fixed.

- I enjoy that the game is slower paced. However, it just plays too slow most of the time. While this is great when you are in the half court, it ruins the fun of running the break because the players are so sluggish.

- I'm enjoying the atmosphere of the crowd, but I can't believe how bad the commentary is. I mean Breen and JVG sounds good, but they aren't fluid. There is too much dead air.

So honestly, there is more bad in this game than there is good. But, with 2K and COD as my only games until The Show comes out, I think I'll enjoy Live enough to pick it up and put it in my rotation. Don't worry guys, I have enough credit at GameStop that it won't cost me a dime...LOL. Hopefully if these patches work out some of the quirks, and I can get the more advanced controls down, I will be able to have a nice alternative to 2K.
get the game and you will enjoy it more! love how bouncetek differentiates between players. they weren't talking nonsense when they said guys will play like they do in real life.

# 147 nick_sr @ 11/24/13 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalhologram
learn the controls. I know it is frustrating

# 148 Boilerbuzz @ 11/24/13 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
get the game and you will enjoy it more!
Yeah, because a game you kinda like is MUCH better when you spend $63 on it!

:^/

Hope you get your commissions.. No wait. You're salaried, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 149 nick_sr @ 11/24/13 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Yeah, because a game you kinda like is MUCH better when you spend $63 on it!

:^/

Hope you get your commissions.. No wait. You're salaried, right?

well, there's a lot more to do in the game lol

# 150 jyoung @ 11/24/13 01:10 PM
Quote:
Double-tap down on the d-pad. Then press the face button for the player whom you want to make a cut.

This paper manual really should have shipped with the game:

http://d2ro3qwxdn69cl.cloudfront.net...LeUS_FINAL.pdf

# 151 nick_sr @ 11/24/13 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Double-tap down on the d-pad. Then press the face button for the player whom you want to make a cut.

This paper manual really should have shipped with the game:

http://d2ro3qwxdn69cl.cloudfront.net...LeUS_FINAL.pdf
I need to know the reasoning behind that decision and the decision not to add a practice mode. who ever at ea decided not to do this needs to give their head a shake asap like rocky

# 152 Tha_Kid @ 11/24/13 11:09 PM
Smartglass has a manual for every game

# 153 Tha_Kid @ 11/27/13 02:12 AM
"Throughout the season, CourtQ and Synergy Sports will update the rosters, ratings and tendencies of all available teams and players in the demo."

So far this has not been the case. Iguodala still in the lineup for one.

# 154 KyotoCarl @ 11/28/13 08:18 PM
I can't find this demo, or any other demos, on PSN store.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 155 Crimsontide27 @ 11/28/13 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
I can't find this demo, or any other demos, on PSN store.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Just go to the Games section under the Store tab and click there. It will have the option do download the demo. There is no "Demo" section like the old generation.

# 156 Boilerbuzz @ 11/29/13 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Just go to the Games section under the Store tab and click there. It will have the option do download the demo. There is no "Demo" section like the old generation.
Which I think is stupid btw...

# 157 kidfromqueens @ 11/29/13 05:08 AM
I remember sony said we could play any game for an hour before we bought it....

# 158 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 12/03/13 09:37 PM
Got my PS4 GS Black Friday bundle delivered last night, played "the other game" for awhile then downloaded this demo pretty excited to finally play it after reading/watching literally hundreds of impressions online. A few impressions.. .. ..

Something is just weird about jumpshooting. The ball doesn't feel like the player is 'releasing' it, but rather it kinda slingshots up at the rim. Also, ball/rim physics are just off at times. Ball looks amazing though, net looks good too (when it's *reacting* properly to the ball).

Boilerbuzz was certainly on point with everything he was saying concerning expectations around dribbling before launch, and responsiveness. Totally get what he meant now. Dribbling is certainly decent, but responsive is not how I would describe it. Actually, movement in general seems like it's on an ever-so-slight delay between your input and the movement.

I like the ESPN presentation elements. Just flat out looks cool, and hopefully in coming years they can really get the actual commentary animations and player models up to par to match it.

I realize this is the demo so can't really critique the modes/diff team behaviors, rosters, etc. Lack of practice mode, player editing and roster manipulation would be HARD to look past though.

They've REALLY gotta make sig style a priority going forward. The NBA is so dynamic, almost every player shoots runs and plays different, they've GOTTA capture that.

I think the heat and disappointment is coming from the plain fact that this just seems so far below what we thought we'd get with this game.
That Kyrie clip shooting over DeAndre Jordan back in the summer, why did EA even do it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 159 WTF @ 12/04/13 08:37 AM
I, believe it or not, had a really good time with the demo last night. I got to play for around 2 hours plus, and the more you learn, the better the game gets. It's some animations, some ball physics interaction, Sliders & Custom cameras away from being a pretty decent start.

I'm going to try to get some games in tonight to get a further grasp on the controls and abilities before giving any further impressions.

The first time I played the demo, it was a disaster. I'm not sure if "Synergy" has kicked in leading to a little more fluid experience, or what, but it definitely felt somewhat better.

# 160 Flightwhite24 @ 12/05/13 12:22 PM
I'm sad to report that I think I'm gonna buy this game. After re downloading the demo again I had a helluva game last night

OKC (me) vs Knicks. Durant hit a 3 with 4 seconds left to take the lead by 2, Knicks call a TO and inbounds at half court and JR Smith got loose for a 3 GAME OVER I lose by 1. Lol

This game has potential. I beat the /:;t out of this game and I'm gonna take some of it back. I hope and pray EA comes out next year with Live 15. I'm gonna go out and support this title in hopes that they don't dump it due to sales. After the fiasco that's going on with the other title EA will get some $$ from me

Sent from my iPhone

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.