Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Virtual Currency (VC) in NBA 2K14 is a problem and if consumers don't voice their concerns, it's going to get worse.

Sure, there are ways to get free VC via the mobile app (if you can get it working), but gamers shouldn't be required to use VC to do simple tasks such as changing a lineup. We can understand using it in MyTeam (as it has been successful for EA Sports and Ultimate Team), but to have it added into other modes really has the community fired up. Customization isn't as fun as it once was, since VC is needed to update accessories and the ratio is ridiculous. Could this be next?

While there are many posts here at OS slamming it, other sites such as NeoGAF and Reddit have also been killing it from day one. PastaPadre has written a detailed article on it and the hate is spilling over.

VGRevolution warned users about it last year. Twitter is filled with complaints from users actually purchasing VC and not receiving it or crashing/freezing in modes, losing what they've earned. With no official word from 2K Sports, this is becoming a very large concern.

Where do you stand on VC?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 thedream2k13 @ 08/09/14 06:23 PM
If there's no VC used for the new franchise mode so I guess u don't earn VC when u play games as well?

Would make sense

# 282 The 24th Letter @ 08/09/14 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy101_
You know.. I actually feel the opposite way about VC.. I believe 2k is catering to both sides(people who spend time playing the game or people who want to win immediately..) The real problem is the sharing the currency throughout all modes. I mean if we could earn MyGM VC or My Career VC or even MyTeam points for each game we play I believe it would counter the problem.. Maybe if they gave us a choice on what currency we would be awarded per game we could possibly be headed towards the right way.

The reason why the VC is so messed up is because the value is not the same for each mode. What I mean by that is for example... I play one game of MyCareer(12 min quarters) I go in MyTeam what is really eligible to buy? Nothing at all.. But if i play a game or two of MyTeam, which would take the same amount of time I can just about buy any pack that I would want.. (I go for cheap packs btw.. Still in 6th seed..) But if I stayed in MyCareer mode I can upgrade several attributes and buy a sig skill... If the reward value was a choice in the matter I believe people can get the enjoyment of one mode while improving another at the same time.. I cant even say anything about MyGM though.. That system needs a massive overhaul.. I have been fired countless times because most of my VC went to MyCareer.

Pretty sure were saying the same thing different ways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
If there's no VC used for the new franchise mode so I guess u don't earn VC when u play games as well?

Would make sense

I think the article said you'd still gain VC for completing games in MyLeague

# 283 Rondodontleave @ 08/20/14 11:47 PM
I think, like many others, that vc isn't bad, it just needs to change. For example, vc shouldn't be in MGM, if anything, maybe exp based progression for skills and maybe a small amount of vc for facilities and stuff. For mycareer, they should either give you more vc per game or make things cost less. For accessories, they should either be free or for a separate paycheck like how there was one in 2k12. For myteam, it should retain vc, but packs should cost less. This would give the player the ability to play all the modes without worry while still keeping the player busy for the full year. For those who are impatient, they can buy the vc, while others can work to realistically improve

# 284 L4K @ 08/21/14 02:08 AM
I look forward to modders on the PC making VC completely irrelevant.

# 285 geezy @ 08/21/14 06:48 AM
VC in MyCareer I'm fine with because u can earn it gradually and make ur player better, but paying 4 shoes accessories and the whole MyGM mode is ridiculous, it took all the fun out of the game.

At least it's seems like they've listened and the new Association mode in 2K15 has no VC!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.