Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

For a limited time on Monday, December 16th, 2K Sports will release locker codes for a Diamond Kobe Bryant, to use for your MyTeam.

Thanks to @Shake4ndBake for the heads up.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 crazykid212 @ 12/16/13 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
What's worse is you have people in this thread who got one who didn't even know how to open a reward pack. So despite my countless hours in myteam, and taking less than 10 seconds from tweet to pressing done, I get nothing, yet someone who must not have played myteam at all gets one.

Good stuff.
That ticks me off the most tbh

# 82 LakersMeeks @ 12/16/13 08:39 PM
Really don't want to get in an argument but if you didn't win why are you complaining? Calling them the worst company etc, yeah their game is glitched and buggy but they are still are giving away stuff. Haven't seen EA do that. They told people it would be Extremely limited multiple times so you already knew it was a very slight chance. You didn't have a Diamond Kobe 2 hours ago and you don't have one now, nothings changed. You've lost nothing.

# 83 Turbojugend @ 12/16/13 08:48 PM
Silly me, I was assuming they were releasing this as a universal locker code so that everyone would get one, this being the holidays and all. Oh well.

# 84 KyotoCarl @ 12/16/13 08:59 PM
Wow only 240 available for a game that solid over a million units. I though they would at least give out 5-10,000 of them

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 85 jaateloauto @ 12/16/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierzer
Ridiculous, I wouldn't mind if there was atleast an auction house or something, but I've spent hundreds of dollars on VC and supported 2k every year, yet they give special players like this away to the first 240 people who probably have a keyboard connected to their PS4.

Simply ridiculous. Why not have an auction house so players who don't care about certain cards/players can just sell them to the rest of us who do? As far as I'm concerned, today was a giant middle finger to loyal 2k supporters. It's like giving a lot of money for the development of a local diner, and they decide to hold a raffle and give away 50% of the donations to the raffle winner. (horrible analogy I know, because yeah I'm butthurt I didn't get one)
Keyboards don't work in NBA 2K14 for PS4 nor the Xbox One. Which has been a major pain in the *** when entering all the 16 digit locker codes. Since they can enable them at will, can't they have the locker code be something very simple?

Didn't get Kobe, pretty lame that they give out so little that they get claimed in 17 seconds. Saw the tweet when it was 37 seconds old so I lost before I even got started.

I actually like MyTeam this year. My current starting lineup is DWil-Iggy-LeBron-Millsap-Ibaka and on the bench I have Wall, Jordan Crawford, Jeff Green, Anderson, Jermaine O'Neal, Hamilton and Kwame Brown. Earned all players without buying VC, and I've actually only bought 2 bronze packs with VC, all my good players are from earning MyTeam points and domination mode, and one locker room gold pack. You can actually keep a good roster just by using MyTeam points, no VC needed. Kind of ironic that MyTeam is supposed to be the microtransaction mode in sports games, yet MyCareer and MyGM are way, way, way, way, way, way worse in that regard..

# 86 shegotgame @ 12/16/13 09:29 PM
Quote:
What's worse is you have people in this thread who got one who didn't even know how to open a reward pack. So despite my countless hours in myteam, and taking less than 10 seconds from tweet to pressing done, I get nothing, yet someone who must not have played myteam at all gets one.

Good stuff.

To be fair, it was a free giveaway. Having played more hours or less hours doesn't make anyone more entitled to the freebie. If this is someone's first try at MyTeam, they are just as worthy of gaining Kobe in a promotional giveaway. 240 is an extremely low number, though. I thought it would at least be 1K.

But I imagine most of you are adults. Chin-up fellas. Besides, I'm sure they'll do this again (something to complain about in the future).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 87 RayZLAL @ 12/16/13 09:31 PM
I wish I got diamond Kobe I'll wait for Laker packs I guess

# 88 jaateloauto @ 12/16/13 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZLAL
I wish I got diamond Kobe I'll wait for Laker packs I guess
Can you get gold players from team packs? I've bought two, and got a bronze (dublicate Pachulia) and silver Jeff Green.

# 89 kobestopper @ 12/16/13 09:46 PM
dang this sucks for ppl with jobs smh

# 90 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/16/13 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Can you get gold players from team packs? I've bought two, and got a bronze (dublicate Pachulia) and silver Jeff Green.
Yeah u can

# 91 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/16/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Wow only 240 available for a game that solid over a million units. I though they would at least give out 5-10,000 of them

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah that's what gets me the most. 240 per system ? Or 240 in total on next gen? That's even crazier...

# 92 trujillo310 @ 12/16/13 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Yeah that's what gets me the most. 240 per system ? Or 240 in total on next gen? That's even crazier...
i believe it was 240 in total.

# 93 RangersCruz @ 12/16/13 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Somebody on youtube said it was gone after 6 seconds

# 94 Khimera @ 12/17/13 12:34 AM
Damn...didn't realize so many people that were trying wouldn't get one. I thought the code would be the same one Smoove had, so I had N14 already typed in, had to backspace that out, and then accidentally typed in a V instead of an M in MAMBA and I still got one (no keyboard too). Kinda shocking that so many of you guys that were refreshing the twitter page couldn't get one in time. But I do agree that they should have put out more codes or do the giveaway in another fashion if they were only going to put out 240.

# 95 doctorhay53 @ 12/17/13 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimera
Damn...didn't realize so many people that were trying wouldn't get one. I thought the code would be the same one Smoove had, so I had N14 already typed in, had to backspace that out, and then accidentally typed in a V instead of an M in MAMBA and I still got one (no keyboard too). Kinda shocking that so many of you guys that were refreshing the twitter page couldn't get one in time. But I do agree that they should have put out more codes or do the giveaway in another fashion if they were only going to put out 240.
See I just don't understand how it's possible that I didn't get one. I typed it in perfectly in like 5 seconds, and my webpage said the tweet was only 3s old when I got the code.

It just doesn't seem possible. I swear I've never typed something so perfectly with a controller before.

:/

# 96 crazykid212 @ 12/17/13 01:00 PM
Quote:
See I just don't understand how it's possible that I didn't get one. I typed it in perfectly in like 5 seconds, and my webpage said the tweet was only 3s old when I got the code.

It just doesn't seem possible. I swear I've never typed something so perfectly with a controller before.

:/
You guys must factor in the most unfair advantage of them all the fact that when you type and enter the code your at the whim of your network and how quickly it can send to 2k so even if you were first if your connection isn't as fast as the 241st person to enter it then you lose regardless im guessing thats how some of you guys got screwed

# 97 HustlinOwl @ 12/17/13 01:10 PM
This method is a crock and MLB The Show does the same thing with Diamond Dynasty Budget, RTTS training points and fantasy budgets.

# 98 doctorhay53 @ 12/17/13 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykid212
You guys must factor in the most unfair advantage of them all the fact that when you type and enter the code your at the whim of your network and how quickly it can send to 2k so even if you were first if your connection isn't as fast as the 241st person to enter it then you lose regardless im guessing thats how some of you guys got screwed
It has to be the network, the internet in the bay area is horrendous. I have to wait for my wife to go to bed and stop using any internet at all to even THINK about playing online. And even then it's tough.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.