Home
Front Office Football Seven News Post

Front Office Football Seven is available now for $36.95. You can also try before you purchase it, right here.

The new version of Front Office Football includes dozens of new features, designed to enhance your simulation experience. The new game features the following:
  • Staff Members. You now have a five-man staff, consisting of a head coach, an offensive coordinator, a defensive coordinator, an assistant coach and a strength coordinator. Staff members are responsible for scouting as well as player development. Offensive and defensive coordinators call plays. Strength coordinators help your team avoid injuries. Each staff member, aside from the strength coordinators, specializes in work with one position group.
  • Staff Draft. At the beginning of the year, you have the opportunity to sign any staff member who is entering the final year of his contract. After the resigning period, there's a five-round staff draft. The draft order is based on the previous year's franchise financial performance. The first round is for head coaches. You have the opportunity to skip your pick, keeping the current coach in place, or you can promote a staff member on your own team, poach an assistant from another team or select someone entirely without experience.
  • Staff Names. At the beginning of a new career, you have the option of using familiar coach names for your universe.
  • Game Film. During the season, you'll have the opportunity to view the Film Room, which contains breakdowns of every game played during the current year. Run and pass selection is broken down by down and distance and personnel packages, as are defensive play choices.
  • New Contract Formats. Contracts are now limited to five seasons, and incentives are gone. Rookies are automatically signed, as the new league formats make a rookie's contract structure very specific. Rookies cost less, so you'll be able to spend more money on veterans.
  • HTMLHelp. Front Office Football Seven uses a more modern help interface, based on HTML. This is now a native Windows 8 application, and will run on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 as well.
  • Draft History. All players who either played a down in the league or were drafted into the league will have a complete playing history. A new screen showing each round of every draft will give you the opportunity to quickly locate any player based solely on draft position and year.
  • Player File Generator. The Player File Generator allows you to take a .csv file and create a player file compatible with Front Office Football Seven.
  • Multi-Player FTP Support. Most mutli-player commissioner and team owner functions are now automated through FTP. As a team owner, just open up the game, select Import Game Files, and the game downloads all the most recent game files and reloads the game in the current stage. As a commissioner, imports and exports will run much more smoothly.
  • Multi-Player Stage Editor. The editor will allow team owners to view all the actions they've taken while constructing their current stage file. They can delete actions without having to start over.
  • Data Export. At any time, you can select the Export Data command, and Front Office Football Seven will generate a set of .csv files that includes player information, game information and a wealth of statistical data. While this data is in fairly raw form, enterprising spreadsheet and web site aficionados will be able to create far more impressive and extensive web sites than the game creates.
  • Amateur/Staff Draft Imports. Using the data from the exported .csv files, commissioners will be able to hold drafts off-line, and easily create a file that contains all the draft data. This data can then be imported directly into the game, saving the commissioner hours of making each selection by hand.
  • Ratings Tracking. An option allowing ratings tracking within Front Office Football Seven. Twice a season (before training camp and prior to week three of the exhibition season), a clearing-house consisting of all player ratings will be created. These can be accessed from player records, or through exported data. Player development has been changed significantly in Front Office Football Seven, so these stages are the crucial points for player development within the game.
  • Extensive AI Improvements: Roster building was a focus of development. Many features within the game were rebuilt, including the attendance model and player scouting.
  • The Quarterback Coterie: A new screen showing the yearly performance of all league quarterbacks, normalized for each season they've been in the league. This will enable you to compare quarterbacks both on career performance and by how they performed at every level of experience.
  • Yearly Calendar. A screen that shows the league's calendar every year. This will help players understand what stage they're in and what needs to be done at any time during the year.
  • Long-Snappers. The Long Snapper is now a dedicated secondary position. Each team must have one.
  • Internal Structural Changes. While this was the most time-consuming new feature other than replacing everything to do with scouts and coaches, it's not something you'll necessarily notice. But from a development perspective, it was necessary and very helpful. The game is much more stable and modular. New features can be added much more quickly. The game runs faster, which means some of the new AI algorithms can handle a lot more analysis. This makes future development possible as well. This is a risky development item since this and the AI upgrades took up months of development time, and they won't be immediately obvious to those who have played the game in the past. But I'm confident these developments will greatly enhance the long-term value of your gaming experience.

Game: Front Office Football SevenReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 1 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Kodos @ 12/13/13 12:44 PM
Beat me to it!

# 2 Brandwin @ 12/13/13 02:06 PM
I can't wait to try it out. Probably won't be until tomorrow or Sunday, but I'm excited to have a new football sim.

# 3 drewst18 @ 12/13/13 02:55 PM
Is the game worth a $40 upgrade? I have FoF and play it from time to time but from screens some of the changes seem to be more of a patch than a new version. For those who have played is it worth a new purchase?

# 4 tarek @ 12/13/13 04:36 PM
Damn this looks interesting. I definitely need a PC for some of these text sports sims.

# 5 jjsmitty34 @ 12/13/13 05:02 PM
Best Football SIM out there, Congrats Jim..

# 6 BadAssHskr @ 12/13/13 07:33 PM
damn, this needs some mac love.

# 7 bkrich83 @ 12/14/13 01:09 AM
I will be grabbing this, this weekend. Really pumped, love this series.

# 8 ubernoob @ 12/14/13 01:25 AM
Can't wait to hear impressions.

The more great sports text sins out there, the better - if you ask me.

# 9 Ben E Lou @ 12/14/13 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
Is the game worth a $40 upgrade? I have FoF and play it from time to time but from screens some of the changes seem to be more of a patch than a new version. For those who have played is it worth a new purchase?
The screens may look pretty much the same, but gameplay is hugely improved. My opinion so far is that if you liked previous versions, you will ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY LOVE this version. It's a major, major upgrade.

# 10 Jairp23 @ 12/14/13 12:10 PM
Love it! the whole cast of the Friday the 13th movies

# 11 Ben E Lou @ 12/14/13 05:48 PM
Several graphical mods to improve the interface have started to appear at Front Office Football Central, a site hosted by OS. Check out the discussion here:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...splay.php?f=33

# 12 nflchampion @ 12/15/13 03:04 AM
I recently moved over to my new MacBook Air, and was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to run FOF7. Well, until I tried CrossOver, which worked like a charm when I installed the game as a Windows XP executable. If you're interested, grab CrossOver's trial and the FOF trial and give it a shot. I've had a lot of fun so far, and Ben is right, the game is MUCH improved.

That being said, I'm hoping the graphical improvements are portable to the CrossOver experience, because the interface is a little bit 1997...

# 13 Brandwin @ 12/15/13 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou
Several graphical mods to improve the interface have started to appear at Front Office Football Central, a site hosted by OS. Check out the discussion here:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...splay.php?f=33
How do I add these and how do I add nfl team names and logos? I also wouldn't mind a fully fictional league, are there mods for that as well?

# 14 Jukeman @ 12/15/13 06:34 PM
I can't get the demo to install.

# 15 bestthateverwas @ 12/15/13 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion
I recently moved over to my new MacBook Air, and was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to run FOF7. Well, until I tried CrossOver, which worked like a charm when I installed the game as a Windows XP executable. If you're interested, grab CrossOver's trial and the FOF trial and give it a shot. I've had a lot of fun so far, and Ben is right, the game is MUCH improved.

That being said, I'm hoping the graphical improvements are portable to the CrossOver experience, because the interface is a little bit 1997...

How did you get this to work with Crossover? I'm installing it as an "Other Application" and it opens up the FOF7 install file and looks good but the last screen of the actual install says "The installation was interrupted. Please retry." It is making the FOF7 file in the C:\Program Files folder but nothing in there....

Sorry I know you're not CrossOver support, just wondering if you had any problems. Love FOF and dying to play the new one!

# 16 Jukeman @ 12/15/13 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestthateverwas
How did you get this to work with Crossover? I'm installing it as an "Other Application" and it opens up the FOF7 install file and looks good but the last screen of the actual install says "The installation was interrupted. Please retry." It is making the FOF7 file in the C:\Program Files folder but nothing in there....

Sorry I know you're not CrossOver support, just wondering if you had any problems. Love FOF and dying to play the new one!
Same for me be I am using Parallels…

edit-

I deleted the .exe at the end and ran it as a .msi and it worked.

# 17 pilonv1 @ 12/16/13 06:03 AM
Very happy to see this return, bought the original back in 98 and loved it.

# 18 Jukeman @ 12/17/13 04:38 PM
Man, it is time that this game gets a face lift in the UI department. For a guy who is new to the game and haven't been playing text sims in circa 1998, things can really get frustrating and confusing when it comes to navigating and figuring out what I need to do next.

# 19 drewst18 @ 12/17/13 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou
The screens may look pretty much the same, but gameplay is hugely improved. My opinion so far is that if you liked previous versions, you will ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY LOVE this version. It's a major, major upgrade.
I can attest to this. I think the way the demo was released was Jim saying hes my product it kicks *** see for yourself.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.