Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has submitted NBA 2K14 patch #3 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. According to Ronnie Singh, the patch will have a mixture of gameplay improvements and fixes for technical issues, including various MyPLAYER cases.

Let's hope we get some official patch notes before it releases this time.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 2ksince07 @ 12/18/13 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersMeeks
500k VC? What?
Yea i said the same thing. It's a good day for me. I feel like they fully reimbursed me for all the bitching(& crying inside) I've down for the last month. So when ever this patch comes out I'm good! I probably bought no more than 160,000. Maybe! 200K. Between 2 MYGM's and 2 MYCAREER's which were all deleted for some insane reason. Not to mention what ever i earned from playing, I was on season 2 in one mycareer and about 40+ games into the other. So this is all….. JUSTICE.

# 182 Tommyklaid @ 12/18/13 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Let's if we FINALLY can save those damn rosters on the HDD.

THIS ^^^ is my biggest hope for Patch #3.

...even though this SHOULD have been addressed in the very first patch...c'mon 2K!

# 183 Factzzz @ 12/19/13 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
What aspect of the game does this change, I've seen you harping on this but I don't get it. If the wingspan and lanky look are corrected foes it make them jump higher or get more rebounds.
No, it just looks realer, and people want the game to look as close to real life as possible.

And considering the ability to edit this was in the game at one point, i think he has a fair gripe

# 184 Smirkin Dirk @ 12/19/13 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
No, it just looks realer, and people want the game to look as close to real life as possible.

And considering the ability to edit this was in the game at one point, i think he has a fair gripe
Yeah like sig styles, it adds nothing to functionality but makes it feel real.

# 185 RangersCruz @ 12/19/13 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksince07
2k just reimbursed me for all the VC. Go make a support ticket folks.

email i got from 2k support:

Thank you for your continued patience.

Successfully flagged file <******> for deletion and refunded <504311 VC>. Please allow 1-2 hours from now before playing your game.

Prior to starting your game please ensure that these files have been deleted from your console.
If you have any further issues please let me know.

Regards,
When did you put in a ticket? mines been in for a month almost now im gonna flip out if i call em again

# 186 mlb08 @ 12/19/13 03:28 AM
Patch did not fix crashes. Cant even start MyGm or MyCareer. Always go back to menu when I try to start one...

# 187 BA2929 @ 12/19/13 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb08
Patch did not fix crashes. Cant even start MyGm or MyCareer. Always go back to menu when I try to start one...
How are we sure this "update" is even patch 3? Doesnt seem big enough at only 1.2G if the last one was over 2 and barely did anything.

# 188 ProStylez @ 12/19/13 08:39 AM
According to a few reliable sources patch #3 is out as we speak for the XBOX ONE. PS4 players keep your eyes open for yours coming soon...

# 189 Csquared @ 12/19/13 08:51 AM
I know this isn't the place but my Xbox one updated this morning but my rosters are still default. As in, Rudy gay is still on the raptors for example. Anyone else experiencing this?

# 190 RangersCruz @ 12/19/13 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared
I know this isn't the place but my Xbox one updated this morning but my rosters are still default. As in, Rudy gay is still on the raptors for example. Anyone else experiencing this?
Somebody on here said it reset the rosters for them as well

# 191 seanbarkley @ 12/19/13 09:13 AM
Da_Czar has said he can't find the option to save files locally. Hooray!

# 192 24ct @ 12/19/13 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
What aspect of the game does this change, I've seen you harping on this but I don't get it. If the wingspan and lanky look are corrected foes it make them jump higher or get more rebounds.
This is like asking what difference does it make if Carmelo has a headband on or if Derrick Rose has his ankle braces on.

No, it doesn't change how he plays in the game plays, but you might as well ask what difference does it make if the jerseys are all black & white and there was no crowd noise or commentary...none of these things change the way the game plays, but wouldn't you care if these things were not included??

# 193 taterskin @ 12/19/13 09:36 AM
Ronnie 2K 2K14@Ronnie2K 15h
Been informed that Patch 3 will be released on both PS4 & Xbox One within next few days. Usually takes 10-14 days, but ahead of schedule.

Ronnie 2K 2K14@Ronnie2K 14h
Patch notes will be released alongside #NBA2K14 patch update #3.

If this update is the patch....it's a surprise.... as the tweets above indicate that it's in the "next few days" and will have patch notes. I've been unable to find any patch notes.

# 194 RangersCruz @ 12/19/13 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taterskin
Ronnie 2K 2K14@Ronnie2K 15h
Been informed that Patch 3 will be released on both PS4 & Xbox One within next few days. Usually takes 10-14 days, but ahead of schedule.

Ronnie 2K 2K14@Ronnie2K 14h
Patch notes will be released alongside #NBA2K14 patch update #3.

If this update is the patch....it's a surprise.... as the tweets above indicate that it's in the "next few days" and will have patch notes. I've been unable to find any patch notes.
It dropped at midnight when every1 is sleeping..

# 195 marcone80 @ 12/19/13 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbird4
It didn't fix a damn thing so I'm inclined to believe either this isn't the patch that is expected or the 2k14 crew suddenly became ******** with this game. Oh, and I created an account just read and talk about this because this is pathetic and I'm pissed.
I've written two times to 2k....they answer just one time asking me to tell them more info....crazy stupid thing.
Now i'm stucked into waiting my One syncro data with 2k after formatting and reinstalling everything cause just downloading and installing the patch (but are we sure this **** is the patch?) was usefull. I had crashes of mygm before and i have now. I'm waiting to try after formatting but reading on the web i already now that it won't fix nothing....they deserve a class action....idiot guy keep on twitting and posting on facebook about roster update...

# 196 STLRams @ 12/19/13 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Da_Czar has said he can't find the option to save files locally. Hooray!
Wow, if that is true, then that means someone at 2K lied to us by telling us this would be changed in the patch....

# 197 solofx7 @ 12/19/13 10:06 AM
Question: Is the patch out for the Xbox One, but not the PS4?

# 198 nuckles2k2 @ 12/19/13 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Wow, if that is true, then that means someone at 2K lied to us by telling us this would be changed in the patch....
To be honest, if that's a game-breaking flaw for folks, then it might be time to just cut bait with 2K14.

Super unfair and frustrating, I know.. but I don't know if folks truly want what they're asking for. To patch something like that into the game, is not the same as altering the code that's already there.

Yes, CAP was in previous iterations, and maybe they should have devoted a bit more time to fleshing out the first version of 2K on the PS4 and XB1, but it's never really a good idea to remotely alter code that much.

I kinda figured 2K would fix what's already there, or at least try to. Not add more. Especially when it comes to something that isn't relying heavily on their servers, where they can make adjustments here and there.

Video games don't exactly get firmware updates.

Now if the code for create-a-player is already written in, and just not active (like the first version of FIFA's UT..it was already on the disc, and unlocked with a patch) then that's a completely different story. We just don't have that info tho.

# 199 tha_show256 @ 12/19/13 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solofx7
Question: Is the patch out for the Xbox One, but not the PS4?
Yes, Ronnie2k posted on twitter a little bit ago that's the case...still waiting on Sony to approve the patch. Patch notes will be released later today he said...

# 200 STLRams @ 12/19/13 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
To be honest, if that's a game-breaking flaw for folks, then it might be time to just cut bait with 2K14.

Super unfair and frustrating, I know.. but I don't know if folks truly want what they're asking for. To patch something like that into the game, is not the same as altering the code that's already there.

Yes, CAP was in previous iterations, and maybe they should have devoted a bit more time to fleshing out the first version of 2K on the PS4 and XB1, but it's never really a good idea to remotely alter code that much.

I kinda figured 2K would fix what's already there, or at least try to. Not add more. Especially when it comes to something that isn't relying heavily on their servers, where they can make adjustments here and there.

Video games don't exactly get firmware updates.

Now if the code for create-a-player is already written in, and just not active (like the first version of FIFA's UT..it was already on the disc, and unlocked with a patch) then that's a completely different story. We just don't have that info tho.
2K never confirmed or denied that CAP would be put back in, but someone at 2K did mention that the ability to save rosters to the harddrive would be added back, that's what I'm referring to if that it is still not possible after this patch, then maybe someone at 2K lied to us.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.