Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

According to NPD, NBA 2K14 is the number one selling sports title on next-gen consoles and was the number four best-selling next-gen game overall.

Below is a statement from 2K.

Quote:
"Earlier this year we promised that NBA 2K14 would be our biggest and best NBA 2K experience yet, and today we’re thrilled to see fans agree, as NBA 2K14 is now the #1 selling sports game on next-gen consoles,” said Jason Argent, SVP of Basketball Operations for 2K. “NBA 2K14 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One distinguished itself by providing an entirely new experience designed specifically for next-gen platforms, featuring all-new game modes distinct from the current-gen version of NBA 2K14. We partnered with the King of Basketball, LeBron James, as our cover athlete and delivered an unprecedented level of realism, making NBA 2K14 a showcase for the potential of next-gen gaming."

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 King_B_Mack @ 12/16/13 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Only place where Madden might outsell 2k is here in the U.S
Globally

Madden NFL 13 5.64m

NBA 2K13 5.54m

Madden NFL 12 5.32m

NBA 2K12 5.25m

Madden NFL 11 6.45m

NBA 2K11 5.17m

Madden NFL 10 7.45m

NBA 2K10 2.80m

Madden NFL 09 7.83m

NBA 2K9 2.28

Those are global numbers for all available platforms of each game.

# 62 ricardo.13 @ 12/16/13 02:51 PM
I want a great game and not a selling game.
Still waiting third patch.

# 63 Sundown @ 12/16/13 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Globally

Madden NFL 13 5.64m

NBA 2K13 5.54m

Madden NFL 12 5.32m

NBA 2K12 5.25m

Madden NFL 11 6.45m

NBA 2K11 5.17m

Madden NFL 10 7.45m

NBA 2K10 2.80m

Madden NFL 09 7.83m

NBA 2K9 2.28

Wow, Madden has really steadily declined in sales since 2009.

# 64 King_B_Mack @ 12/16/13 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Wow, Madden has really steadily declined in sales since 2009.
Since 07 actually. I could have kept going with the sales comparisons, but I figured I'd made my point. For those curious though.

Madden NFL 08 8.05m

NBA 2K8 1.96m

Madden NFL 07 9.98m

NBA 2K7 1.71m

Madden NFL 06 9.03m

NBA 2K6 1.46m

Madden NFL 2005 7.59m

ESPN NBA 2K5 2.55m

NBA Live 2005 3.93m

Madden NFL 2004 7.15m

ESPN NBA Basketball 0.80m

NBA Live 2004 2.80m

Madden NFL 2003 5.89m

NBA 2K3 1.52m

NBA Live 2003 2.32m

Madden NFL 2002 6.41m

NBA 2K2 1.54m

NBA Live 2002 2.77m

# 65 MarvinOida @ 12/16/13 06:38 PM
I would love to know where to get those sales stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 66 RangersCruz @ 12/16/13 06:39 PM
Quote:
Globally

Madden NFL 13 5.64m

NBA 2K13 5.54m

Madden NFL 12 5.32m

NBA 2K12 5.25m

Madden NFL 11 6.45m

NBA 2K11 5.17m

Madden NFL 10 7.45m

NBA 2K10 2.80m

Madden NFL 09 7.83m

NBA 2K9 2.28

Don't get me wrong not saying you're lying or anything but what site did you get this from?

# 67 King_B_Mack @ 12/16/13 06:48 PM
VGChartz is a wonderful thing fellas.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

# 68 MarvinOida @ 12/16/13 06:56 PM
Quote:

But that means Madden sold more (overall) than 2K in America. And how do you find next gen stuff and monthly reports? (Sites weirdly organized for me, it's cool to get weeks, but I want months.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 69 King_B_Mack @ 12/16/13 07:19 PM
It's all mixed in there. Once you look up a game, they'll show all the platforms it's on and you just click the name. Don't know if they have monthly numbers though.

# 70 jaynral @ 12/16/13 07:33 PM
Okay, Okay......Lets be realistic and this is for the sports gamers only.....It was 2k basketball that got us all hyped for next gen....They took a chance and developed a whole game with fantastic graphics that gave us a taste of next gen...Yes, it was very bare But i truly believe the developers really care about their game and it will be great for 2k15.....what Im really worry about is madden....Madden is actually good on next gen and I hope, I say hope they dont get caught and continue on what there and make it better instead of trying to find a new marketing idea......Im also glad, extremely glad that all these next gen game asking for more money to do things that always free in games is not successful.. get rid of that S#*t

# 71 Go Miami @ 12/16/13 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
This isn't a surprise really it is the best looking game on next gen
It's the best looking sports game by far, but it sure isn't the best looking "next gen" game. Ryse: Son of Rome takes that honor.

Whenever I transition from Ryse to NBA 2K14 I feel like the textures have already been "ruined" for me.

# 72 Melbournelad @ 12/16/13 08:42 PM
Quote:

Thanks for the link.

I was curious to find out sales of 2k and Madden for the rest of the world (excluding the US this time) and it was:

Madden 13: 0.61m
2k13: 0.94m

Madden 12: 0.56m
2k12: 0.88m

And sales so far for;

Madden 25: 0.21m
2k14: 0.32m

So a clear advantage for 2k outside the US.

# 73 coolcras7 @ 12/16/13 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Miami
It's the best looking sports game by far, but it sure isn't the best looking "next gen" game. Ryse: Son of Rome takes that honor.

Whenever I transition from Ryse to NBA 2K14 I feel like the textures have already been "ruined" for me.
Ryse look good plays like crap and is repetitive.

# 74 wildboyungp @ 12/18/13 12:26 PM
if you are upgrading to nba2k14 on XBOX ONE READ THIS
Request #456762
nba2k14 myteam

Bbooker Bb
Nov 24 01:36

how do i transfer myteam? and or myplayer?i spent real dollars on xbox360 nba2k14 on xbox one nba2k14 + 2 myplayers and at least 200 extra bucks on my myteam to say the least..the $499.99 plus state tax bought two games $59.99 + $59.99 plus state tax ...i can not afford another myteam..or my player !!!!if i would of known this i would have waited till next year on the 2k14 for xboxone...please solve this problem i do not want to feel as if i just got ripped off

Comments
Bbooker Bb
that really would be extremely hard to accept.i have been buying 2k since dreamcast when only the spin got you space .and at least 9 times out of the years you have been on xbox i had to buy a replacement disc never complain...please correct this its not fair in no way shape or form you have myteam on 2kservers this makes no sense that myteam is not there

November 24, 2013 02:01
Bbooker Bb
my gamertag is"wildboyungp"xbox360

November 25, 2013 15:33
Bbooker Bb
its been 9 days of me checking here for a response of some sort to no avail ...i have had other support issues responded to those no less than 2 to 3 days .
why is this taking so long to get a response.this is not fair ...i just spent money on a myteam from october to november how do you expect people to accept that ...isnt 2k making enough money than to charge us for two games (one a watered down version of the first) two myteams in less than two months when we just lost a myteam days earlier...i cant help but feel sorry for myself for being caught in this web of illusion...who would expect that your myplayer and myteam doesnt transfer .not even in fine print in commercial or advertisement..

December 03, 2013 18:21
Bbooker Bb
hello 2k i check this ticket 2 or three times a day is anyone going to respond to this issue?

December 05, 2013 06:16
AGENT
Kasia P.
Hello,

Thank you for contacting 2K Technical Support. Unfortunately it will not be possible to transfer My Player and purchased VC points from one console to another.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you.

Regards,

Kasia

December 09, 2013 06:27
Bbooker Bb
DID YOU READ ANYTHING I WROTE THERE ...I COMPLAINED ABOUT LOSING TWO MYPLAYERS...AND TWO MYTEAMS ...MY CONCERN WAS THE MYTEAM TWO MY TEAMS IN A MONTHS TIME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.... NOT VC OR MYPLAYER MY CONCERN IS MY MYTEAM ...I JUST LOST ONE IN OCTOBER NOW TO LOOSE ONE IN NOVEMBER AND YOU HAVE THE MYTEAM ON THE 2K SERVERS

December 10, 2013 02:36
AGENT
Kasia P.
Hi,

Thanks for the message. Unfortunately there is no way for us to retrieve any data or progress once the corrupted file error occurs. Any online mode get corrupted due to many different reason, such as internet connection issues.

Cheers,

Kasia

December 10, 2013 12:10
Bbooker Bb
this is a shame ...NOW I KNOW YOU DIDNT READ ANYTHING I WROTE EXCEPT MAYBE THE LAST ONE ...i want to transfer my mteam to the xbox one from nba 2k14 360 ...please read the entire post before responding ...saves us both time and your company money...do you even care? are you even a gamer? i am very disappointed 2k or take two ..almost 16 days ..and the responder doesnt even read my post .SHAME ON YOU!!!!

December 11, 2013 10:55
Bbooker Bb
wow i posted this on november 24 2013,it is now december 16,2013 still no response .what kind of support is this????i want to transfer my myteam from xbox360 to xbox one .i wanted to return the nba 2k14 for xbox one if i cant transfer my myteam and the amount of time this is taking to get a response is borderline insane ...can i get a response that deals with the issue i have ...thanks in advance

December 16, 2013 18:09
AGENT
Kasia P.
Hello,

Thank you for the message. As we stated in the previous email, unfortunately it is not possible to transfer MyTeam from Xbox360 to Xbox One.

Regards,

Kasia

December 17, 2013 06:42
Bbooker Bb
this is crazy..i know you can see how much vc i purchased on xbox360 you telling me that take two and 2k sports expect people to purchase myteams on 360 and xbox one only a month apart. i sent this post to somebody else not to hear from Kasia P. mr/ms/mrs Kasia does not read post and didnt read mine ..i sent the whole post to someone else to prove that fact ....returns have a limit and being it was so difficult to get a response dealing with my problem the return window has closed.and this Kasia P person send me a response like they answered my question the first time and they know they didnt ...can i get in contact with someone who solves problems please, not a person that make a difficult situation tougher thanks

December 17, 2013 10:36
AGENT
Raul G
Hello,
Thank you for your patience. As you have seen for yourself, NBA 2k14 on Xbox 360 and NBA 2k14 on Xbox One are completely different games. They are not ports. This is the reason why a transfer of VC or save files is not possible. This was posted on our support site on November 22:
http://support.2k.com/entries/29813008-Transferring-Virtual-Currency-in-NBA-2K14
Best Regards,
Raul G

December 18, 2013 05:44

# 75 El_Poopador @ 12/18/13 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildboyungp
if you are upgrading to nba2k14 on XBOX ONE READ THIS
Request #456762
nba2k14 myteam

Bbooker Bb
Nov 24 01:36

how do i transfer myteam? and or myplayer?i spent real dollars on xbox360 nba2k14 on xbox one nba2k14 + 2 myplayers and at least 200 extra bucks on my myteam to say the least..the $499.99 plus state tax bought two games $59.99 + $59.99 plus state tax ...i can not afford another myteam..or my player !!!!if i would of known this i would have waited till next year on the 2k14 for xboxone...please solve this problem i do not want to feel as if i just got ripped off

Comments
Bbooker Bb
that really would be extremely hard to accept.i have been buying 2k since dreamcast when only the spin got you space .and at least 9 times out of the years you have been on xbox i had to buy a replacement disc never complain...please correct this its not fair in no way shape or form you have myteam on 2kservers this makes no sense that myteam is not there

Bbooker Bb

November 25, 2013 15:33
Bbooker Bb
its been 9 days of me checking here for a response of some sort to no avail ...i have had other support issues responded to those no less than 2 to 3 days .
why is this taking so long to get a response.this is not fair ...i just spent money on a myteam from october to november how do you expect people to accept that ...isnt 2k making enough money than to charge us for two games (one a watered down version of the first) two myteams in less than two months when we just lost a myteam days earlier...i cant help but feel sorry for myself for being caught in this web of illusion...who would expect that your myplayer and myteam doesnt transfer .not even in fine print in commercial or advertisement..

December 03, 2013 18:21
Bbooker Bb
hello 2k i check this ticket 2 or three times a day is anyone going to respond to this issue?

December 05, 2013 06:16
AGENT
Kasia P.
Hello,

Thank you for contacting 2K Technical Support. Unfortunately it will not be possible to transfer My Player and purchased VC points from one console to another.

Regards,

Kasia

December 09, 2013 06:27
Bbooker Bb
DID YOU READ ANYTHING I WROTE THERE ...I COMPLAINED ABOUT LOSING TWO MYPLAYERS...AND TWO MYTEAMS ...MY CONCERN WAS THE MYTEAM TWO MY TEAMS IN A MONTHS TIME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.... NOT VC OR MYPLAYER MY CONCERN IS MY MYTEAM ...I JUST LOST ONE IN OCTOBER NOW TO LOOSE ONE IN NOVEMBER AND YOU HAVE THE MYTEAM ON THE 2K SERVERS

December 10, 2013 02:36
AGENT
Kasia P.
Hi,

Thanks for the message. Unfortunately there is no way for us to retrieve any data or progress once the corrupted file error occurs. Any online mode get corrupted due to many different reason, such as internet connection issues.

Cheers,

Kasia

December 10, 2013 12:10
Bbooker Bb
this is a shame ...NOW I KNOW YOU DIDNT READ ANYTHING I WROTE EXCEPT MAYBE THE LAST ONE ...i want to transfer my mteam to the xbox one from nba 2k14 360 ...please read the entire post before responding ...saves us both time and your company money...do you even care? are you even a gamer? i am very disappointed 2k or take two ..almost 16 days ..and the responder doesnt even read my post .SHAME ON YOU!!!!

December 11, 2013 10:55
Bbooker Bb
wow i posted this on november 24 2013,it is now december 16,2013 still no response .what kind of support is this????i want to transfer my myteam from xbox360 to xbox one .i wanted to return the nba 2k14 for xbox one if i cant transfer my myteam and the amount of time this is taking to get a response is borderline insane ...can i get a response that deals with the issue i have ...thanks in advance

December 16, 2013 18:09
AGENT
Kasia P.
Hello,

Thank you for the message. As we stated in the previous email, unfortunately it is not possible to transfer MyTeam from Xbox360 to Xbox One.

Regards,

Kasia

December 17, 2013 06:42
Bbooker Bb
this is crazy..i know you can see how much vc i purchased on xbox360 you telling me that take two and 2k sports expect people to purchase myteams on 360 and xbox one only a month apart. i sent this post to somebody else not to hear from Kasia P. mr/ms/mrs Kasia does not read post and didnt read mine ..i sent the whole post to someone else to prove that fact ....returns have a limit and being it was so difficult to get a response dealing with my problem the return window has closed.and this Kasia P person send me a response like they answered my question the first time and they know they didnt ...can i get in contact with someone who solves problems please, not a person that make a difficult situation tougher thanks

December 17, 2013 10:36
AGENT
Raul G
Hello,
Thank you for your patience. As you have seen for yourself, NBA 2k14 on Xbox 360 and NBA 2k14 on Xbox One are completely different games. They are not ports. This is the reason why a transfer of VC or save files is not possible. This was posted on our support site on November 22:
http://support.2k.com/entries/298130...cy-in-NBA-2K14
Best Regards,
Raul G

December 18, 2013 05:44
lol this is just a lack of research from the customer. its their own fault if they expected everything to transfer over. you couldnt even transfer vc from 2k13 to 2k14 on cg so to expect it from cg to ng is pretty ridiculous. not to mention the ticket was opened two days after it was officially posted that they would not transfer (ie xbo release day).

and a quick word of advice to anyone submitting support tickets anywhere: proper grammar and politeness go a long way. the way this guy posted is just asking for them not to care.

# 76 JasonMartin @ 12/18/13 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
lol this is just a lack of research from the customer. its their own fault if they expected everything to transfer over.
It's actually him:

Quote:
Bbooker Bb
hahaha.

I can't believe people spend real money on a game, then buy a new Xbox one and games for over 500 bucks and then cry to 2K that they can't transfer their VC from the 360 to the Xbox one and that they are broke to continue.

@Wildboyungp

Just play the game instead of buying everything. It's more fun, well at least it should be.

# 77 DruMoMo @ 12/18/13 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Madden ONLY sells because it's the only football game out there. I'd say they sell on reputation but the positive reputation it has is all the way back to 2 system cycles ago. NBA 2k was bare bones in terms of features but if anyone tries to act like that game isn't amazing on the court you're lying to yourself. It's year 1, i'd rather have a game like NBA 2k with more barebones features and amazing gameplay than have a ridiculously in depth feature like Owner mode but awful gameplay like Madden has.

NBA 2k will have a much easier job in the next few years adding new features and game modes and adding things to the game because they have amazing gameplay locked down. Meanwhile Madden is always going to be a disappointment because many of the ugliness from last gen is still there on current gen. So Madden needs to wow you with features to take attention off the on the field issues. Madden wants you to spend more of your time on the off field stuff making the on field stuff less of an issue but when push comes to shove the gameplay is the most important thing.

So again, i'd rather have a game come out year 1 and nail gameplay and be bare in terms of features than a game be packed with features but have bad gameplay. There's a reason I can keep playing NBA 2k over and over again but with Madden everytime I turn it on i'm bored within 5-10 minutes.
Agreed. I can't speak to the VC, MyTeam, or MyGM issues because I honestly buy 2k for its head to head gameplay. And in that regard, it is absolutely, hands down, the best basketball game ever made. So, while it is nice to have those extra features and game modes, the basketball within this game is amazing and definitely next -gen. So as long as they have that foundation, all these other features can be added back and improved upon in the future. I LOVE my NBA 2K14. Now, if they can just make CP3 not look like LaMarcus Aldridge Jr....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.