Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Madden NFL 25 title update #2 is available now for Xbox One and PS4. It includes general stability improvements & bug fixes in all modes, including CoachGlass fixes on Xbox One.

Let us know what you are seeing.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 kehlis @ 12/22/13 12:55 AM
Quick question.

I have an unwrapped Christmas gift under the tree that looks suspiciously like a ps4 (lol) so I will be playing this in a couple days.

My question is though, was there a day one patch or is this the first one (can't keep it all straight)?

# 42 ABR173rd @ 12/22/13 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Quick question.

I have an unwrapped Christmas gift under the tree that looks suspiciously like a ps4 (lol) so I will be playing this in a couple days.

My question is though, was there a day one patch or is this the first one (can't keep it all straight)?
There was a day one patch so I believe this is the second patch.

# 43 kehlis @ 12/22/13 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
There was a day one patch so I believe this is the second patch.
Thanks, was afraid I would be out of luck if I didn't want this one.

# 44 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/22/13 01:45 PM
Raised the run blocking a little and lowered the tackling a little and now I have fixed the problems the patch caused. Game is once again back to being enjoyable.

# 45 ProStylez @ 12/22/13 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Raised the run blocking a little and lowered the tackling a little and now I have fixed the problems the patch caused. Game is once again back to being enjoyable.
How much was a little? Just curious.

# 46 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/22/13 10:06 PM
55 for run blocking

45 for tackling

# 47 ProStylez @ 12/22/13 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
55 for run blocking

45 for tackling
Thank you! I'm going to try this out tonight.

# 48 swenk16 @ 12/22/13 10:37 PM
All these people bashing the game. Wow. So don't play it, maybe? Through slider adjustments my cousin, brother and I have thoroughly enjoyed our CCM. We feel like we've created a very real representation of football. If you hate it. Don't play it. I guess I don't understand it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

# 49 darknight4real @ 12/23/13 08:40 AM
Is that for human, cpu, or both?

# 50 bwiggy33 @ 12/23/13 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swenk16
All these people bashing the game. Wow. So don't play it, maybe? Through slider adjustments my cousin, brother and I have thoroughly enjoyed our CCM. We feel like we've created a very real representation of football. If you hate it. Don't play it. I guess I don't understand it.

Don't play a game you already paid $60 for? I don't think that's a very fair thing to say. People were pretty content with the game at it's release and it's pretty fair to complain if a patch basically destroyed that and new issues that weren't present before are popping up. Just because you are having fun and don't see the issues that others are posting about, doesn't give you the right to tell people to not play the game they paid for. This is a forum to discuss bugs, glitches, complaints, and even compliments. If you don't like people discussing the issues the patch presented then don't read it.

Are you going to tell all of the Next Gen NBA 2k people to not play their game because of all the issues that are going on with that game? I'd dare you to go on that forum and do that. When a customer pays money for a game they expect it to be working the way it was supposed to.

# 51 spacedog @ 12/24/13 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
It's not hating. That term gets used far too often to describe opinions. The fact that any of those things you mentioned are even considered a big deal (with most of them having been done before and better in the past) is more a reflection on how fans have been conditioned to accept mediocrity, and in increments to boot. Those things should've been in Madden 06 when you consider how far football games were ahead prior to the exclusive license disaster. The sky was the limit in 2004. And technically, real-time physics were supposed to be in Madden 06 for 360 as they had started development with Havok, but it failed and never made it into the game.

Most of these things could've been done last gen, heck, 2 gens ago in fact (and many were), and its seems fairly obvious that they started scaling back or purposely screwing some things up on last gen so that next gen would stand out. I mean, helmets suddenly going dull the past couple years, and replays being completely butchered, neither being patched, and then suddenly seeing both things appear magically returned to their past state on XB1/PS4, makes it pretty clear what they were doing.

If Tiburon wanted to convince us they were really trying, they would've taken the time to rebuild this game rather than continue on with its incremental tweaking operation that's now almost 10 years running of an outdated engine.

-------

All of the above being said, Madden 25 plays a lot better after the patches. Same can be said for the last gen version. But people buying Madden regularly have to be frustrated by how it takes months waiting on patches for the game to play respectably, and even then there are often tons of issues. The low sales numbers are a good indication that people have had enough, and if the sales remain on its current projection there is going to be some major personnel fallout. Like Madden 11 level fallout.

Nobody connected with Madden or the NFL can be pleased with the knowledge that a Basketball game (even with all of its problems) is neck-and-neck sales-wise on XB1/PS4 with an NFL licensed football game in a rabidly NFL football-hungry country and has outsold Madden on consoles in some years (NBA 2K13 over Madden 13). It doesn't even sound possible, but it is actually happening.
I don't know, I hear what you're saying that this stuff should have been in earlier. But now that they do put it in, people say they're not trying because they should have had it in earlier? So they should just not put those key features in then? We've seen what happened last time they rebuilt an engine, it's taken them this long to get it to start working like it should. The foundation for a good football game is starting to develop in my opinion, if they were to start over they'd more than likely set themselves back quite a bit. That's my opinion though, some may not think this is a good foundation, which would explain where many people are coming from. But to me I think they are trying, and it isn't some insignificant effort.

This Madden plays better to me than pretty much any of the past gen, it's not perfect of course lol but it's a strong start. Would it be best if they got it right years ago? Of course, but they didn't, and they're trying to fix it now, so I don't think its necessary that some keep shutting down the game saying they're not trying or that it's trash when I don't think either assessment is fair or correct. I'd have a bigger problem if they tried what 2k is trying and gave us a game that took away lots of features people enjoyed and tried to force modes, VC, etc. on every mode, basically ruining it for lots of players. The main thing 2k has going for it is that it looks great and plays prettying great as well. But look at the forums, many hardcore fans aren't too thrilled with the direction it seems to be heading in. Anyway Madden 15 and NBA 2k15 are going to have arguably one of their most important games in years. I think Madden is headed in the right direction, we'll see next year.

# 52 spacedog @ 12/24/13 01:09 AM
One thing I noticed recently, not sure if it's from the patch or not, that I'm almost sure wasn't there before was that the AI returns kickoffs fielded within a few yards of the end zone instead of downing it every time.

# 53 swenk16 @ 12/24/13 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Don't play a game you already paid $60 for? I don't think that's a very fair thing to say. People were pretty content with the game at it's release and it's pretty fair to complain if a patch basically destroyed that and new issues that weren't present before are popping up. Just because you are having fun and don't see the issues that others are posting about, doesn't give you the right to tell people to not play the game they paid for. This is a forum to discuss bugs, glitches, complaints, and even compliments. If you don't like people discussing the issues the patch presented then don't read it.

Are you going to tell all of the Next Gen NBA 2k people to not play their game because of all the issues that are going on with that game? I'd dare you to go on that forum and do that. When a customer pays money for a game they expect it to be working the way it was supposed to.
I didn't meant to come off as an a-hole or sound as if I was "telling" people what to play and what not to play. And I don't know where the NBA 2k reference came in, I've never played it. I guess I'm just a "glass half full" kinda guy and choose to focus on what I enjoy, rather than dwell on what frustrates me. But I understand. To each their own. Anyway. I didn't mean for my post to sound like I was coming off pompous. Was just throwing in my 2 cents I guess. I apologize if it came across wrong. Happy gaming.

# 54 bwiggy33 @ 12/24/13 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swenk16
I didn't meant to come off as an a-hole or sound as if I was "telling" people what to play and what not to play. And I don't know where the NBA 2k reference came in, I've never played it. I guess I'm just a "glass half full" kinda guy and choose to focus on what I enjoy, rather than dwell on what frustrates me. But I understand. To each their own. Anyway. I didn't mean for my post to sound like I was coming off pompous. Was just throwing in my 2 cents I guess. I apologize if it came across wrong. Happy gaming.

Alright I got ya. I was throwing in NBA 2k because of all the problems the majority of users are experiencing. Madden has it's issues but if you look on that forum it is absolute madness. That is why I said to go over there and tell people to stop playing and you would probably get hated on. That's the only point I was trying to make there.

I definitely understand what you're saying now that you clarified though. The problem is that everyone prioritizes what issues are big to them. The things in this game that you may not see or experience may be seen by others and it's a game killer for them. I give people like you credit for just enjoying the game for what it is because for some, including myself that's hard to do. That was the great part about gaming when I was just a kid.

I'm not an elite football mind so many of the little details that people see don't bug me. The only thing that screws me over is reading about those issues on here which is my fault. I relate to many of these people though in the circumstance of the NHL series. For most people NHL is a really fun game, but for someone like me who understands the finer details of the game it is a pretty bad hockey experience. Honestly though it just all depends on what you look for in a game. Some people just want to play, then you have people who want a semi-sim game, and finally the people who will find anything wrong with the game because they want a fully sim game. That's just how sports gaming is these days now that the technology has gotten better and better.

# 55 spacedog @ 12/25/13 02:58 PM
Has anyone noticed that some passes don't seem to be getting undercut and picked off as often? You still get picked for bad passes and deflected which is good and it seems like finally you won't get picked off by beating a corner by a few yards like before.

And Merry Christmas everyone!

# 56 thechad28 @ 12/26/13 11:31 AM
Has anyone played some more games post-patch? Is it still bad or have things straightened themselves out?

I noticed the crazy block shedding and pursuit by the CPU like some others on here, and my DB's seemed to have no clue how to cover. When throwing on the run I also kept throwing into the backs of my o-line.

This was just one game so I'm wondering if it was just an isolated instance or if I should wait for another patch. I don't want to continue my franchise as long as the game is playing like this.

# 57 bigball12 @ 12/26/13 12:22 PM
Just had a FANTASTIC INT I wish I saved. Ball was tipped by 3 different players (Moore, Kuechly, Munnerlyn) and before hitting the ground, Captain slid and picked the ball off. Got up and ran 15 yards before getting tackled.

One of the best things I've seen on here!!

# 58 Mike Lowe @ 12/26/13 01:06 PM
Reading through some of the comments...has anyone started a fresh franchise post patch?

Also, I'm curious to hear whether or not these items have been addressed:

-AI offense...avoid sacks and INTs as my team always led the league on D

-Simulated pancake stats too low, not matching in-game

-Penalties being called more in played games...I'm always lowest in NFL

-Stats like "thrown to" not being recorded

-Some stats not saving via in-game save

-Gang tackles being recorded in-game

-Too many drops for both AI and user.

I doubt anyone has checked all, but any info would help.

# 59 badazzleroybrown @ 12/27/13 01:38 PM
I deleted the game off my XBox One hard drive,
then re installed game & then got the latest patch.
After doing so when the QB runs on the field for the first time
and into the huddle, it is the correct person shown in the cut scene.

and i still had all my saves from before. the game plays good now,
hope that helps.

# 60 thechad28 @ 12/27/13 02:56 PM
Just to clarify, did you experience any of the gameplay issues some of us have complained about before re-installing? And are they gone now after you re-installed?

For instance CPU block shedding, super pursuit, and bad running AI, which weren't problems before this last patch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.