Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has just released a new EA Sports UFC screenshot of Alexander Gustafsson, who won the fan vote to be on the cover with Jon Jones.

Your thoughts?

Previously released screenshots below.

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 aholbert32 @ 12/19/13 02:22 PM
This one is slightly off too. I'm not complaining though its close enough.

# 2 miraiii @ 12/19/13 03:57 PM
hair looks kinda current gen...doesnt it?

# 3 cashless @ 12/19/13 04:18 PM
Other than the ears, it looks nothing like him.

# 4 SHAKYR @ 12/19/13 04:54 PM
And they say the Fight Night fans are nitpickers! You guys need to relax. It looks close enough without actually hiring the athletes themselves. I say the gameplay and features should be a major concern instead of characters that are still in Beta stages. EA love graphics so I wouldn't worry too much.

# 5 aholbert32 @ 12/19/13 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspang2
Ok I agree about the gameplay and features... but "EA Love graphics so I wouldn't worry too much"?? have you played an next gen EA sports game? nitpickers? dude all we are saying is that we are not impressed with the screenshots nor are we going to let EA fool us with a bunch of fancy detailed screenshots that do not carry over to the actual game and gameplay.
I'm very impressed by FIFA's graphics. I'm also impressed by EA's graphics track records when it comes to fighting games like Fight Night and EA MMA. I'm only concerned about the gameplay and features at this point. The game will most likely look like it does in these screenshots.

# 6 SHAKYR @ 12/19/13 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm very impressed by FIFA's graphics. I'm also impressed by EA's graphics track records when it comes to fighting games like Fight Night and EA MMA. I'm only concerned about the gameplay and features at this point. The game will most likely look like it does in these screenshots.
Exactly! EA has been pushing the graphics over the years.

# 7 cashless @ 12/19/13 06:52 PM
Well, when they release some gameplay footage - let's talk about it. All we have for now are the screenshots they released.

One of the main selling points for this game is " Unprecedented Fighter Likeness - A new bar for character likeness and emotion in sports gaming ... Every single licensed fighter in the game has been created from high resolution 3D head and body scans to deliver revolutionary character likeness and authenticity."

This is what they came up with for their ****ing cover athlete? I know the game isn't done yet, but sorry, Gustafsson looks like a created player in that screenshot.

# 8 aholbert32 @ 12/19/13 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashless
Well, when they release some gameplay footage - let's talk about it. All we have for now are the screenshots they released.

One of the main selling points for this game is " Unprecedented Fighter Likeness - A new bar for character likeness and emotion in sports gaming ... Every single licensed fighter in the game has been created from high resolution 3D head and body scans to deliver revolutionary character likeness and authenticity."

This is what they came up with for their ****ing cover athlete? I know the game isn't done yet, but sorry, Gustafsson looks like a created player in that screenshot.
LOL @ "Created Player". You dont have to exaggerate to make your point. I dont think he looks spot on but to say he looks like a created player is ridiculous.

# 9 Ejinternational @ 12/19/13 10:37 PM
I just wish the players n nba live 14 looked this way

# 10 dghustla @ 12/20/13 10:49 AM
not overly impressed. Everyone else is going for Photo Realism. EA is still going for life-like chars.
The guy who says EA loves graphics must be stuck in the ps2 days. EA Sports graphics have gradually declined over the course of each console generation.

# 11 NUH_UHHHHHHHHHHH @ 12/20/13 11:05 AM
that doesnt look like him

# 12 aholbert32 @ 12/20/13 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
not overly impressed. Everyone else is going for Photo Realism. EA is still going for life-like chars.
The guy who says EA loves graphics must be stuck in the ps2 days. EA Sports graphics have gradually declined over the course of each console generation.
Anyone who looks at fight night champion and fn 4 and says that is ****ing nuts.

# 13 danjeffery08 @ 12/27/13 02:35 AM
Looks great!

# 14 Escobeats @ 12/27/13 02:10 PM
Looks decent to me. If this plays like FNC with better animations, visuals and upgraded gameplay then I'll be happy.

# 15 ManiacMatt1782 @ 12/27/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobeats
Looks decent to me. If this plays like FNC with better animations, visuals and upgraded gameplay then I'll be happy.
If it has the "freeze" after missed strikes to accentuate counters I will be pissed. I love how counters were handled in EA MMA. My biggest issue with EA MMA is that stamina didnt matter as much and neither did balance. It was way to easy to stuff takedowns while throwing multiple power punch combos. Missing and hitting air on a power munch should have had you over extended and extremely susceptible to a counter or a takedown. If the striking and stand-up fixed these glaring problems I will be happy.

I also think the grappling needed work. the strike to pass pass to strike system sounded good in theory, but in execution, the defensive windows were way too big. Also I think it was too simplistic. Preferred the fake and stalled pass approach that UFC undisputed took. guys would get aggressive and try to time a reversal. you could stall and get an easy pass if they committed themselves to soon and moved in the opening.

# 16 worstsportsgamer1977 @ 01/14/14 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraiii
hair looks kinda current gen...doesnt it?
i was thinking the same about the hair. still looks pretty good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.