Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports and the NBA Live 14 team released the first title update yesterday. Some users talked about what they saw, as we waited on the details to arrive.

Today, the team has released them.

Quote:
The most important piece that we’re adding is a change to our technology around our LIVE Update system. This is the first step in our plans for NBA LIVE 14. Many of the changes in this update are things you won’t actually see – technology additions that will pave the way for the additions to come. This will allow us to update and add content such as gameplay tuning, new animations, audio and visual assets directly to you as they become available. This applies to cosmetic changes like new uniforms, shoes, accessories and so on, but also allows for ongoing gameplay and graphical improvements.

They have also tuned shooting, both online and offline, so the timing window is a little easier and cut down on the blocked jump shots on the perimeter. For those of you that had crowd audio issues in the BIG Moments, those have been corrected and they tweaked a few other things to make online games smoother. More visual improvements are on the way after the New Year.

Read more here and let us know what you are seeing.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 The 24th Letter @ 12/20/13 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I'm having a totally opposite exp. if I pull my PG/SG to go double down in the post the CPU will kick it back out to the open shooter damn near every time. I'm forced to play honest D or the CPU will/has adjusted accordingly

Sent from my iPhone

Wish I had your version man....been seeing this since day one...on PS4 & XBO...and I know some other users have as well..maybe it's limited to some users...

Took a video of it, will share in the bugs thread..

# 42 Ejinternational @ 12/20/13 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Since you haven't played the retail version while the rest of us have, you probably shouldn't knock it. The game is vastly different than the demo. Why would I believe them now? Probably because they're following through with exactly what they said they would.

This game is far from the game that released with the poor reviews. If you can find a way to borrow the retail, you probably should. No hype, just a good, fun basketball game.
I agree I bought nba 2k14 at first and after a month of playing it and seeing all the issues and things that's have changed I was disappointed and just traded it in today for live 14, it's completely different from 2K in a good way they put more detail into the little things that 2K didn't and all live has to do is fix the graphics a little bit and make the game. More smoother. The only gripe I have with live is that in the create your superstar mode thing you can't select your shot form other than that it's a good game

# 43 WTF @ 12/20/13 11:17 PM
Don't know if you fellas have noticed or not, but it seems as if there is some new lighting introduced with the patch. Either that, or player textures have been enhanced. I'm going to post some screens in a few. Or maybe it's going a week without getting to play.

# 44 The 24th Letter @ 12/21/13 12:07 AM
Anyone ran into the bug where the camera just stays in one teams back court and doesn't move? Don't know if this was a pre patch big or not, hasn't seen it until now....I had to quit the game...

# 45 krazyboy225 @ 12/21/13 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Anyone ran into the bug where the camera just stays in one teams back court and doesn't move? Don't know if this was a pre patch big or not, hasn't seen it until now....I had to quit the game...
happened to me one on the demo, a while back.

# 46 The 24th Letter @ 12/21/13 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
happened to me one on the demo, a while back.

Happened to me twice now....one during the LAC/NO rewind game where "Point Guard" was the Clippers starting 2...just not the best experience lol

# 47 WTF @ 12/21/13 12:47 AM
Point Guard. Again, at least its not the mush creatures.

# 48 ZoneBlitz @ 12/21/13 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
It would help tremendously if people would give impressions of the game - who have actually played it. Maybe we need to have a thread that has a title named " I haven't played the game, but I read what others who did have posted, so here is my opinion"
Lol! I am guilty of that for sure.

# 49 vabeachboy19 @ 12/21/13 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
Thanks for the feedback, bspang2. We hope you give the game a shot and keep telling us what you think.
AJ thanks for all the feedback. Let me say that I'm really enjoying live. Bought it on release day and thought I wasted my money. But after coming back to it I'm loving the pace and spacing. I loved live 10 for the same reason.

If you can add more offensive post move shot animations I would be totally happy. A variation of leaners and fades would make a world of difference. Thanks for staying true on your word. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do with live in the coming weeks.

# 50 nick_sr @ 12/21/13 10:22 AM
gameplay seems slower since slower since patch imo

# 51 gmac0322 @ 12/21/13 10:25 AM
Played my first game after the patch. Wiz vs the Sixer's. The game definitely flowed better. Ai blocks are better but I still had 9 blocks with Gortat. The comp had 3. Noticed a difference but getting there. Pts in the paint by the comp is still a problem. 50 for me and 70 for the comp. Keep up the good work. Game is getting better and better.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

# 52 Gstate_510 @ 12/21/13 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
Man, yall smoking some good stuff or what? To me, the game is still bad. Has it improved, YES! But it's game even decent? NO

So sad hasn't been good Basketball game since NBA Live 2005 (YES INCLUDING 2K!). We've gone a whole generation with no good basketball games, closest was NBA Live 10 and NBA 2K11 but those games were okay but still far from the great games we played during PS2/XBOX/GC/DC days and PS1/N64 days. You Football fans are crying theres no competition, well AT LEAST MADDEN IS DECENT GAME! We Basketball fans have two garbage games and it's damn shame we have still have no good basketball game and we have moved on to ANOTHER GENERATION!
Yeah we smoking some good stuff.its called an opinon is that a problem? and 2k11(basketball classic) wasn't a "ok" game you're just reachin with that one

# 53 Tomba @ 12/21/13 05:13 PM
Seems like ppl want impressions of the game AFTER the patch.

My impressions.

First off this is NO LONGER the game i played originally from the demo. This is NO LONGER the same game after playing it upon its first install on the PS4 with it's retail copy.

Steadily somehow they have been making adjustments to this game. At first There were problems where this game just looked weird and almost like an unsmooth version of nba jam. messing around with coaching options got it to play "just OK". The after repeated downloaded of refreshed roster via their synergy tech something happens every two days or so. The game got better paced and more grounded. Animations that would happen that seems out of place were gone and so on. So the game got progressively "playable" NOT better.

Now after installing the latest patch something new happened yet again. The game speed and the speed in which animations roll out. Dunks layups look more steady now and play out a bit smoother . No longer are the the rocket slides to the basket. Dribbling is more intuitive shooting "looks" better. release times of shots looks improved. Blocks where they were happening at rapid pacing have now been ONLY toned down BUT the difference in feeling that/seeing that HAS changed the way the game LOOKS.

The success that can be had with synergy is there. But what comes into question IS the ppl behind that tech "making sure" it looks right after its been "assigned".

The assigning of values are crucial and day to day insertion of those values that would equate in this case to animations being triggered and then the speed in which they get triggered(agility) is STILL in question. Its like this...

I entered in fgb's ratings into Madden which are admitedly almost AI driven. THAT real time data is great but it NOT great when entered in and expected to work RIGHT AWAY.

Right now the game feels as if they feel if the stats are right the game will play right and that will take TIME to real gather because animation triggering is tricky.

They have now patched a "system " INTO place that is supposes t handle these types of changes.

As it stands right now this game plays JUST LIKE the best edit NBALive 10 could have had.

Do i want sliders do we need sliders? Well yes. Player editing? Im not sure anymore. Im not WILLING to wait til 15 to find out either whether or not player editing is IN. but this attempt to make "the system" work better with it's in game animation triggering IS worrying for any play editing capabilities as i feel they are investing a TON of stock into it going forward

But

I WANT SLIDERS GOSH DARN IT!

I WANT player speed quickness agility and game speed sliders!

# 54 Tomba @ 12/21/13 05:15 PM
oh i forgot.

Pre patch the game was a 6/10
Post patch a solid 6.5/10

add sliders its a 8/10 cuz that would fix a TON

# 55 Jay Jay @ 12/21/13 05:43 PM
Just picked up a copy and it does play a good game of bball. Does anyone play on xbox one?

# 56 nick_sr @ 12/21/13 08:00 PM
I noticed the bounce pass works now, putback is still broken

# 57 EASPORTS_AJ @ 12/22/13 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timber Wolf
Hi AJ

Firstly, great work on the update. I doubted you'd do it, so full credit to you guys and the fact this is only the start of rolling updates is exciting.

However, I now get CONSTANT blue screen crashes. I know it's not your fault and many games have the problem. I switched to Live because of 2K's crashes. I just want to make you aware that people now are crashing constantly. I didn't have even a single crash pre update.

Thanks for ANY help. I am desperate
So you HAVE had the blue screen on other PS4 games too, but it just stared happening in LIVE? That is strange. I will definitely pass it on to dev. Might help to have your PSN ID, so they can look into your's specifically.

Thanks for the feedback.

# 58 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 12/22/13 12:33 AM
Quote:
So you HAVE had the blue screen on other PS4 games too, but it just stared happening in LIVE? That is strange. I will definitely pass it on to dev. Might help to have your PSN ID, so they can look into your's specifically.

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm definitely starting to have more blue screen crashes post patch. I believe I had only ONE crash before the patch but now I've had at least 10 over a span of about 4 or 5 days. It happens most when I finish a live season big moments challenge.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 59 The Timber Wolf @ 12/22/13 12:34 AM
Quote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, it happened on NBA 2K as well (after patch 3 for that game though it is fine now, touch wood).

I never had it in Live. Now, it happens every single time when "connecting to the EA servers" it crashes. Thanks for you reply. I am not in any way angry with EA. It seems to be happening to a lot of people in Fifa and 2K, so it seems a sony thing. What I am angry about that is when I contact sony, they basically throw it back it back on your game and say it's nothing to do with them.

# 60 Coolade @ 12/22/13 12:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH-O_7ScUq0

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.