Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Over the weekend many users were not able to get into online modes (some couldn't get to any modes at all). 2K Sports worked all weekend to resolve the issue, which seems to be fixed for some, but not for everyone.

Ronnie mentioned the Online Association should be back up.

Based off of feedback from email and Twitter, it seems the servers are very up and down, so let us know what you are seeing here.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NBAGreen @ 12/31/13 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Over the weekend many users were not able to get into online modes (some couldn't get to any modes at all). 2K Sports worked all weekend to resolve the issue, which seems to be fixed for some, but not for everyone.

Ronnie mentioned the Online Association should be back up.

Based off of feedback from email and Twitter, it seems the servers are very up and down, so let us know what you are seeing here.

I can't get into MyTeam (Current Gen, Xbox 360)

Every time I try, I get a message that reads, "The 2kSport Server is not available at this time. Please try again later."

This has been occurring for the past 24 hours.

# 22 ataman5 @ 12/31/13 05:44 PM
Yet to be able to connect to Online Association PS3. It's pathetic.

# 23 wkukicksbutt @ 12/31/13 07:13 PM
2K needs to get their servers straight.

# 24 crossev @ 12/31/13 10:47 PM
For those who can access the servers, have you had to done something in particular to get access?

# 25 IowaAJ @ 12/31/13 11:11 PM
The Online Association servers don't work but if you delete online Data and setting you can connect to the server

# 26 green225 @ 01/01/14 12:13 PM
gotta fix fake L's in crews.

# 27 Datboicold @ 01/01/14 02:10 PM
Online Association for XB360 has been down for the last 4 days."Fail to Communicate with Server". We are probably missing our damn playoffs. might just switch to NBA Live once i upgrade my console smh.

# 28 Datboicold @ 01/01/14 02:25 PM
this **** happened last year and we miss our entire offseason...When the servers came back up Top players like Kobe Bryant were playing on 3 year deals for $0 and we ended up restarting the association..smh get yall **** together

# 29 markprior22 @ 01/01/14 06:11 PM
I think a class action lawsuit is in order for people who purchased this game. It, beyond a doubt, doesn't work as advertised. I don't have near the time I used to to play video games and it's very frustrating to carve out an hour to play a game or two of MyCareer but not be able to access the servers. I'd say a 20.00 refund to everyone that purchased this game sounds about right.

# 30 almostbobsaget @ 01/01/14 08:01 PM
I sincerely hope this is a lesson learned for 2K that forcing users to be connected to their servers to use 90% of the game's features is not smart.

# 31 uforce @ 01/01/14 11:15 PM
I agree with you markprior22. This is just stupid. I can't even start a game of anything!! Gets stuck at "updating new content". What a waste. 2k is blowing it big time. They are going to piss everyone off, and drive them back to nba live.

# 32 drspringroll @ 01/01/14 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
I think a class action lawsuit is in order for people who purchased this game. It, beyond a doubt, doesn't work as advertised. I don't have near the time I used to to play video games and it's very frustrating to carve out an hour to play a game or two of MyCareer but not be able to access the servers. I'd say a 20.00 refund to everyone that purchased this game sounds about right.
Copied this link from another post, it may not mean much but at least someone started it: https://www.change.org/petitions/tak...ba-2k14-issues

# 33 ataman5 @ 01/02/14 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drspringroll
Copied this link from another post, it may not mean much but at least someone started it: https://www.change.org/petitions/tak...ba-2k14-issues
Signed it.

# 34 UniversalNoob @ 01/02/14 07:33 AM
Why just PS3 and Xbox 360?!?!?!?!?! The PC servers are down for 6th straight days now. They are down at least once a week and most times over the weekend. We have a online league and most of the working people there cannot play a game cause the servers are always down when they got time to play!! We bought your game and now we cannot play it (I don't care about offline modes, the AI is crap).

# 35 jyoung @ 01/02/14 04:03 PM
I have not been able to connect to The Park on PS4 for about two weeks now.

# 36 ataman5 @ 01/02/14 05:00 PM
As per Ronnie says ' https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/418847927520329729 '

Have you guys been able to connect to your Online Associations, i still can't.

# 37 UniversalNoob @ 01/02/14 05:36 PM
He said they fixed it couple of times during the last days. It never was fixed, don't know what these people do there.

# 38 jacobg15here @ 01/02/14 10:44 PM
Guys, calm down. It's been 4 days? This is no reason to have a class action law suite. Just play something else for a couple days, I love playing 2k but rather than fight with it and get pissed off at an enormous company, I've just played some other games. I know people lost there records and Crews and stuff. But is this really something to get so worked up about? Last year the file for my MyPlayer got corrupted and I lost 40+ hours of work but you know what? I got really upset, called up Microsoft and 2k and then I realized that it doesn't really matter. It's just a game, Not my life. Don't let some server issues ruin the game for you.

# 39 UniversalNoob @ 01/03/14 09:44 AM
It is 7 days in a row now. Not to mention all the server downs before. I think 1/3 of the time, since release, the servers have been down....And the only reason I buy this game is because I want to play in my 3 online leagues!

# 40 bullsfan4life92 @ 01/03/14 12:34 PM
I haven't been able to play a single game of my park for days now. Sometimes I'll get into the park and run around and try to start games, but then when I hit got next i'll wait for maybe 10 seconds then I'll get kicked from the got next line. I can see this happening to other people too as I'll watch them get kicked also.

Other times I won't get in completely and it will say the 2k sports servers are down. This is super annoying because the park is one of the coolest additions to this game and when it is up and running it is so much fun.

Hopefully this message can be relayed to ronnie and the 2k crew some how...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.