Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Currently, NBA Live 14 is on sale at Amazon and Best Buy for $39.99. If you have been on the fence to get this game, now might be a good time.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TUSS11 @ 01/02/14 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman53
Obviously you cared if you took the time to respond.
Uh.. I don't care if he wouldn't buy it. I do care about having to read troll posts constantly. Did I really have to explain that?

# 42 PVarck31 @ 01/02/14 05:45 PM
Stop with the "Its trash" and "couldn't pay me to play it" comments now.

If you think its trash then fine, but just saying that and hitting post is simply unconstructive and pretty much trolling.

If you want to talk about why you hate the game in a constructive manner, then by all mean have at it. But if all you can say is "this game's trash" leave it out or you'll be gone.

Also, this isn't the impressions thread. If you want to know more about what people think about the game, check that out. Actually there are 2 off them.

Thank you.

# 43 pdawg17 @ 01/02/14 11:12 PM
Quote:
I really want to get this game. Mostly because the servers will actually work. But the poop graphics and the terrible animations are really bugging me and I am still not sure if the $40 is still justified for this game unfortunately. I might think about it. Also I like the features as well :/
It depends how you choose to look at it. I've had it from the beginning and therefore am very impressed with how much they have improved the game in a short time. For example I would have given the animations in this game a 2/10 and now it would be a 5/10. I'm liking where things are going...

# 44 jyoung @ 01/02/14 11:30 PM
Quote:
I really want to get this game. Mostly because the servers will actually work. But the poop graphics and the terrible animations are really bugging me and I am still not sure if the $40 is still justified for this game unfortunately. I might think about it. Also I like the features as well :/
The servers aren't much better with Live 14 than they are for 2K14.

It takes 10-15 minutes just to boot the game up and get into a game mode. The problem is that the game will hang on the "Checking Roster Data" screen.

It's common to get randomly disconnected from the EA Servers for no reason. In head to head mode, that means you lose the game. In Ultimate Team, you lose the game, and you lose your player contracts.

Even when the servers are stable, the online play has so much input lag that it's unplayable.

# 45 tha_show256 @ 01/03/14 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The servers aren't much better with Live 14 than they are for 2K14.

It takes 10-15 minutes just to boot the game up and get into a game mode. The problem is that the game will hang on the "Checking Roster Data" screen.

It's common to get randomly disconnected from the EA Servers for no reason. In head to head mode, that means you lose the game. In Ultimate Team, you lose the game, and you lose your player contracts.

Even when the servers are stable, the online play has so much input lag that it's unplayable.

This right here gets me every time. I was just about to go head and jump into the deep end and buy it since the price drop, but, man this sounds awful considering I'm mostly a online head to head guy...

# 46 asu666 @ 01/03/14 10:18 AM
I think there's a lot of good stuff in there, but it needs another year of development. If you're frustrated with a competing product, it's a good way to get familiar with an up-and-coming option.

# 47 dorian813 @ 01/03/14 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
It doesnt' look like you've posted in this thread before. The comments that were deleted still show as deleted. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm a basketball fan. Not a Live Fan, and this game is well worth retail price to me. If it's not worth it to you, that's fine, but the trolling comments won't be tolerated.
So based on your comment are you saying that because you think that the game is worth $59.99 and I don't think the game is worth $14.99 then I'm trolling. I've played the demo and it was pretty bad. The game was also universally reviewed as bad. The produce even issue an apology behind a we'll do better since the game was bad and my comment get deleted because I won't pay full price for a game that isn't worth full price. C'mon Man, you're reaching by placing my comment in the trolling category. The game sucks, point blank period. I'm a fan of basketball too and this is a horrible representation of a NBA style video game basketball. It's not worth $49.99 and anyone looking to give it a chance should wait and get the best deal that they can for a game that is about a 3.5 out of 10.

# 48 nron @ 01/03/14 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian813
So based on your comment are you saying that because you think that the game is worth $59.99 and I don't think the game is worth $14.99 then I'm trolling. I've played the demo and it was pretty bad. The game was also universally reviewed as bad. The produce even issue an apology behind a we'll do better since the game was bad and my comment get deleted because I won't pay full price for a game that isn't worth full price. C'mon Man, you're reaching by placing my comment in the trolling category. The game sucks, point blank period. I'm a fan of basketball too and this is a horrible representation of a NBA style video game basketball. It's not worth $49.99 and anyone looking to give it a chance should wait and get the best deal that they can for a game that is about a 3.5 out of 10.
It's about spreading misinformation to people. The game was given a bad review based on the gameplay at the time. It's changed dramatically since then and I also believe it is well worth the $59.99 price. If you haven't played since launch, I suggest you do because it's a different game.

# 49 WTF @ 01/03/14 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian813
You better look at who deleted your post before you start calling me out. I'm not the one who deleted your specific post.

The game was reviewed poorly based on the initial release. The game that we enjoy today is not the same as the one that was initially released. If you think it sucks, point blank period, that's fine. If you think it's a 3.5 out of 10, no worries, you have an opinion.

Looking at your comment that was deleted, it looks like you need to elaborate instead of coming in and trashing a game without a justification.

If you want to call me out, feel free to PM me. You've voiced your displeasure with the game, and have a basis for your judgement, so now others can take your reasoning's to heart if they so wish.

# 50 23 @ 01/03/14 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nron
It's about spreading misinformation to people. The game was given a bad review based on the gameplay at the time. It's changed dramatically since then and I also believe it is well worth the $59.99 price. If you haven't played since launch, I suggest you do because it's a different game.
I dont think it is, and there has been no misinformation spread.

Jyoung who did the review here at OS comes on here constantly with updates whom also has been quoted several times that he did the review with the 2 patches, and its blatantly ignored by anyone who wants nothing bad to be said here. His updates haven't changed much from his initial review and honestly, there are just some here who refuse to tell the whole truth just because they're "having fun"

I still don't find anything he said to be false, and honestly after playing the demo again after retail its not really that far apart. The cheese is still there, the awful jittery movement is still there, the same legacy late game AI as well as brain dead AI moments, and the graphics when in comparison to most nex gen games still look like a cartoon, which probably correlates to how it moves.

# 51 WTF @ 01/03/14 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Jyoung who did the review here at OS comes on here constantly with updates whom also has been quoted several times that he did the review with the 2 patches, and its blatantly ignored by anyone who wants nothing bad to be said here.
There has been a third patch and a LOT of synergy updates since release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
His updates haven't changed much from his initial review and honestly, there are just some here who refuse to tell the whole truth just because they're "having fun"
That's his updates and opinions. Those of us who are enjoying the game immensely or even at all, all have our own formulations of the game and what's important to us. And playing a game that we can "have fun" with, is definitely a priority in my book. And just because we don't see eye to eye or have the same opinions, we aren't telling the whole "truth"? The truth from your eyes or jyoungs eyes? The problem with that rhetoric is, that we all aren't playing from the same eyes or mindsets. What could be true in your eyes could be a farce in mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I still don't find anything he said to be false, and honestly after playing the demo again after retail its not really that far apart. The cheese is still there, the awful jittery movement is still there, the same legacy late game AI as well as brain dead AI moments, and the graphics when in comparison to most nex gen games still look like a cartoon, which probably correlates to how it moves.
The PiP cheese is the only thing that I see period. And with each update, and learning how to play defense, it's becoming to be a non issue period. I see it with Dwight Howard, and any "hard dunking" bigs, but I'm seeing it less and less.

I don't have a clue what awful jittery movement you're talking about, so I can't comment there, and some of us still haven't had the late game AI issues. I get ATTACKED and guys look for a quick score against me. If I leave someone uncovered like 24th did, they immediately look to score. If I have that issue, it'll be posted, because I want them to continue this series on the right track.

Regardless, we all have our own opinions, and a mind of our that helps us formulate those opinions. Telling guys that "some people are overlooking the negatives" isn't necessarily right either. The games not perfect, but it's a great game in my eyes. Shine the graphics up, and add a few additional animations, and I'm loving it.

To each their own.

# 52 23 @ 01/03/14 03:27 PM
Opinions are just that, but I would love for people to refute the reviews they keep ignoring as if they were a bunch of false statements. We've had video evidence from people that are playing this game over and again and its there.

Matter of fact stuff like Late game AI, lack of fastbreaks were complained about in the past by guys like 24th, Pared, Court_Vision and so on and its still not fixed. Live 10 had great online, but now guys are getting a ton of lag. This inside cheese was definitely curbed by contact that no longer exists in this game, and by saying that some things in this game is worse. It really has nothing to do with the way we look at the game, its not good.

The movement needs alot of work man. Players look awful when in motion, stiff and some of those animations are just godawful for a game that's been in development this long. In short there is no excuse for some of this stuff.

Thing is they've been put to the fire without words, because this is the worst selling game they've ever made by far and this is the reason why it probably won't be 59.99 ever again.

Honestly it wasn't worth that on release and it's not now. Those patches didn't make the game magic like I said, its not hard improving over hot garbage.

# 53 El_Poopador @ 01/03/14 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Opinions are just that, but I would love for people to refute the reviews they keep ignoring as if they were a bunch of false statements. We've had video evidence from people that are playing this game over and again and its there.

Matter of fact stuff like Late game AI, lack of fastbreaks were complained about in the past by guys like 24th, Pared, Court_Vision and so on and its still not fixed. Live 10 had great online, but now guys are getting a ton of lag. This inside cheese was definitely curbed by contact that no longer exists in this game, and by saying that some things in this game is worse. It really has nothing to do with the way we look at the game, its not good.

The movement needs alot of work man. Players look awful when in motion, stiff and some of those animations are just godawful for a game that's been in development this long. In short there is no excuse for some of this stuff.

Thing is they've been put to the fire without words, because this is the worst selling game they've ever made by far and this is the reason why it probably won't be 59.99 ever again.

Honestly it wasn't worth that on release and it's not now. Those patches didn't make the game magic like I said, its not hard improving over hot garbage.
ive only had the game for a few days but im finding it to play more realistic than any bball game ive played in the last 5-6 years. it has its issues but the things it does well outweigh the things it doesnt for me. the late game ai issue hasnt happened to me and as long as its not something that occurs often i can overlook it for now. im not saying it should be ignored but its not gamebreaking either. i also dont have a problem with how the players move for the most part. some animations are pretty stiff but its a lot better than most people give it credit for.

# 54 WTF @ 01/03/14 03:48 PM
Anyway, I've said my peace, and made many posts in the forums about my impressions

I think it's easily worth $39.99, and I'd pay the full retail on it. Doesn't mean that anyone else should/would, but I love the experience I'm getting.

# 55 23 @ 01/03/14 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
ive only had the game for a few days but im finding it to play more realistic than any bball game ive played in the last 5-6 years. it has its issues but the things it does well outweigh the things it doesnt for me. the late game ai issue hasnt happened to me and as long as its not something that occurs often i can overlook it for now. im not saying it should be ignored but its not gamebreaking either. i also dont have a problem with how the players move for the most part. some animations are pretty stiff but its a lot better than most people give it credit for.
Thats fine for YOU but you should start looking at the bigger picture if you want this game to survive. It's 40 dollars now, and thats not just out of generosity.

You can continue to overlook the stuff that needs fixing and keep telling EA that. That's exactly why they are where they are now.

# 56 The 24th Letter @ 01/03/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador

The best BBALL game you've ever played after 2 days? I mean it's you're opinion so there's not much I can say but that seems a little premature...lol

Also, playing 47 minutes of a good tight game only to have the CPU give up in last minute is an awful experience...whether we call it "game breaking" not it's just horrendous...hopefully it doesn't happen to you but by no means is if a slight glitch..

# 57 El_Poopador @ 01/03/14 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The best BBALL game you've ever played after 2 days? I mean it's you're opinion so there's not much I can say but that seems a little premature...lol

Also, playing 47 minutes of a good tight game only to have the CPU give up in last minute is an awful experience...whether we call it "game breaking" not it's just horrendous...hopefully it doesn't happen to you but by no means is if a slight glitch..
lol i didnt mean that it shouldnt be fixed asap by any means. and ive been playing it a decent amount here and there since it released with my friend who bought it. i personally have only owned it for a few days. but just from the videos ive seen of other people playing and my own personal experience when playing it just feels more natural when comparing it to the real nba. but yea im glad i havent run into that end of game issue yet. hopefully theyll have it fixed before i ever see it . the game definitely has its issues dont get me wrong but the bad things i see are rare so far and its gotten better since the first time i played.

# 58 King_B_Mack @ 01/03/14 04:24 PM
Yeah, the late game AI issues happen often. I don't know how it's possible to own this game for longer than two weeks and not see it. I've seen it at least three times in the past four days.

# 59 WTF @ 01/03/14 04:35 PM
See King B, that's what I'd think to. I know that it's an issue, but I've yet to see it thankfully.

# 60 23 @ 01/03/14 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
See King B, that's what I'd think to. I know that it's an issue, but I've yet to see it thankfully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Yeah, the late game AI issues happen often. I don't know how it's possible to own this game for longer than two weeks and not see it. I've seen it at least three times in the past four days.
Its definitely there and even if you haven't seen it, its something that has been there since the last iteration

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.