Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Currently, NBA Live 14 is on sale at Amazon and Best Buy for $39.99. If you have been on the fence to get this game, now might be a good time.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 mythreesons @ 01/03/14 05:21 PM
I've got a feeling that the late game AI logic is pretty prevelant... it's just a matter of whether or not the scenario plays out... i.e., the CPU has the ball at the end of the game and is trailing.

One thing that I can produce on queue is to trap the CPU ballhandler near the sideline which results in a 24 sec violaton. Another is to cut the CPU off on a drive in the lane, then bring the double team - 3 sec violation.

I'm not blind, the game has warts in fact at times it can be downright ugly... but at it's foundation it does a lot of things right.

# 62 WTF @ 01/03/14 05:37 PM
See, it's funny that you mention the baseline traps, because I was trapping Lamarcus Aldridge on the baseline, using the baseline as my 3rd defender like you're taught to do, and he continually threw it either out to the wing, or would attempt to throw it cross court to the corner. I remembered you mentioning that when it happened, so I specifically paid attention to it.

The double team in the lane, I've saw 4-5 times, but normally they'll get the pass off well before it really engages in a double team.

I may have a few videos on facebook of LA throwing the ball out of those traps, I don't know if i grabbed any or not.

# 63 The 24th Letter @ 01/03/14 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
I've got a feeling that the late game AI logic is pretty prevelant... it's just a matter of whether or not the scenario plays out... i.e., the CPU has the ball at the end of the game and is trailing

Yeah, the only people I've heard of not seeing this issue whatsoever is some of the guys on here...I know the few of my friends who have this game have all seen it...some fortunate souls on here...

# 64 dorian813 @ 01/03/14 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You better look at who deleted your post before you start calling me out. I'm not the one who deleted your specific post.

The game was reviewed poorly based on the initial release. The game that we enjoy today is not the same as the one that was initially released. If you think it sucks, point blank period, that's fine. If you think it's a 3.5 out of 10, no worries, you have an opinion.

Looking at your comment that was deleted, it looks like you need to elaborate instead of coming in and trashing a game without a justification.

If you want to call me out, feel free to PM me. You've voiced your displeasure with the game, and have a basis for your judgement, so now others can take your reasoning's to heart if they so wish.
How do I PM you?

# 65 WTF @ 01/03/14 07:29 PM
Check the top of the forums, you should have a notification of a new PM. Click on someone's username, and in the drop down there is a link to private message.

# 66 bigdoc85 @ 01/03/14 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Opinions are just that, but I would love for people to refute the reviews they keep ignoring as if they were a bunch of false statements. We've had video evidence from people that are playing this game over and again and its there.

Matter of fact stuff like Late game AI, lack of fastbreaks were complained about in the past by guys like 24th, Pared, Court_Vision and so on and its still not fixed. Live 10 had great online, but now guys are getting a ton of lag. This inside cheese was definitely curbed by contact that no longer exists in this game, and by saying that some things in this game is worse. It really has nothing to do with the way we look at the game, its not good.

The movement needs alot of work man. Players look awful when in motion, stiff and some of those animations are just godawful for a game that's been in development this long. In short there is no excuse for some of this stuff.

Thing is they've been put to the fire without words, because this is the worst selling game they've ever made by far and this is the reason why it probably won't be 59.99 ever again.

Honestly it wasn't worth that on release and it's not now. Those patches didn't make the game magic like I said, its not hard improving over hot garbage.
23:

I hear ya man! I think this game is pretty bad (I have full retail version with the updates! -- as I may have mentioned before, my son wanted it so we got it at $44.99). I do believe that many of the glowing, positive reviews we have seen here are not without bias or an ulterior motive, which is a bit disappointing, but I saw that previously when NBA Live was supposed to come out last year.

# 67 Tomba @ 01/03/14 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Opinions are just that, but I would love for people to refute the reviews they keep ignoring as if they were a bunch of false statements. We've had video evidence from people that are playing this game over and again and its there.

Matter of fact stuff like Late game AI, lack of fastbreaks were complained about in the past by guys like 24th, Pared, Court_Vision and so on and its still not fixed. Live 10 had great online, but now guys are getting a ton of lag. This inside cheese was definitely curbed by contact that no longer exists in this game, and by saying that some things in this game is worse. It really has nothing to do with the way we look at the game, its not good.

The movement needs alot of work man. Players look awful when in motion, stiff and some of those animations are just godawful for a game that's been in development this long. In short there is no excuse for some of this stuff.

Thing is they've been put to the fire without words, because this is the worst selling game they've ever made by far and this is the reason why it probably won't be 59.99 ever again.

Honestly it wasn't worth that on release and it's not now. Those patches didn't make the game magic like I said, its not hard improving over hot garbage.
Um footplanting is really well done compared to other games. And though i agree a lot of animations are wrong their mores wrong in their triggering aspect meaning when and how fast they come into play. they need ONE MORE animation for EVERY animation transition so it seems

# 68 Tomba @ 01/03/14 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
23:

I hear ya man! I think this game is pretty bad (I have full retail version with the updates! -- as I may have mentioned before, my son wanted it so we got it at $44.99). I do believe that many of the glowing, positive reviews we have seen here are not without bias or an ulterior motive, which is a bit disappointing, but I saw that previously when NBA Live was supposed to come out last year.
With the 3rd patch the games a solid 7

without it a 5

# 69 23 @ 01/03/14 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Um footplanting is really well done compared to other games. And though i agree a lot of animations are wrong their mores wrong in their triggering aspect meaning when and how fast they come into play. they need ONE MORE animation for EVERY animation transition so it seems

In other words the same old issues...which is exactly the point. Not much has changed no matter how much time they had.

Quote:

without it a 5

In who's review the bleacher report? Besides that the suits see a 4 in the metacritic scores.

@bigdoc, not all, but some for sure.

# 70 The 24th Letter @ 01/03/14 08:16 PM
Quote:

without it a 5

People round here were calling the game groundbreaking and giving it a 7.5 before the 3rd patch honestly...

All opinion I guess...

# 71 WTF @ 01/03/14 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
I do believe that many of the glowing, positive reviews we have seen here are not without bias or an ulterior motive, which is a bit disappointing, but I saw that previously when NBA Live was supposed to come out last year.
This crap stops here. If you think it's crap, that's perfectly fine. Nobody is forcing you to like anything.

But for you to judge someone's enjoyment of the game, because you don't like it, won't fly.

There are some of us who genuinely like the game and truly enjoy the experience. I'll play whatever game gives me the best experience, not just sports game, but games period.

There are some that may have defended it til it's death, but to generalize those who give positive reviews of the game that you don't agree with as having bias or an ulterior motive has to stop.

You may think the car I drive is complete crap, and that nobody should buy it unless they have an allegiance to the manufacturer who makes it, when in reality, I just possibly look for different things than you do in the cars that I buy.

The negativity towards those of us who enjoy the game has to stop. You're more than welcome to post your opinion of the game, and I won't tell you that your opinion stinks because it doesn't mirror mine, nor will I tell you that you have a bias or ulterior motive to saying it stinks. You just don't like it, point blank simple. That's fine. One of my impressions early on said, it won't be for everyone, and I get that.

I have bashed EA left and right. I thought the series was trash, and was sick and tired of seeing year 1 or 2 of a 3 year cycle, which year 3 never made it to fruition.

When I played the demo, I hated it, deleted within a few minutes. Came back a few weeks later, and bam, with it's updates and synergy kicking in, I really started to enjoy some of the stuff that I saw. I gave it some more time and started to learn the game, and I saw a TON more things that I really liked a lot. I'm still seeing things each time that I play that I love, that I hadn't seen before. Other than NBA 2k, this is the only game that I've played next gen wise. I've got 4 other games sitting there next to the system, all unopened. If I get a free minute, this is the game that I WANT to play.

I don't own EA stock, but right now, I do care about improving the little things that I don't like, to make this game EXACTLY what I've been wanting personally.

I guess in a nutshell, if a bias or ulterior motive is wanting to make sure that this game doesn't turn the other cheek, and move in a total opposite direction to appease the masses, I guess I'm guilty of that. I love the game that I'm playing currently. If it does a 180 and changes the path that I'm on, chances are, I'm not going to be a happy gamer.

To each their own, but to say anyone who gives a positive impression is either biased or has an ulterior motive, that junk needs to go.

# 72 Pared @ 01/03/14 09:19 PM
Can we keep the thread on the sale price? This is silly.

# 73 Rell7thirty @ 01/04/14 11:22 PM
I downloaded the demo on PS4, took a couple hours to DL the 9GB.
So I launch the game, waiting for tr nostalgia to kick in..
I played for 2 minutes and deleted it off my hard drive.
IMO, the low reviews this game got, and the lowest priced next gen full game, serve this game justice.

But hey, have fun. I rather cry about 2k14. At least the gameplay is fantastic, all scripted bs aside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.