Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

The Playstation 3 and Xbox 360’s final ‘big’ year in sports gaming might have actually been 2012. This year, it seemed most developers were content with relatively modest improvements to the existing lineup of games on current generation consoles.

At the end of the day, there were three games which really captured our attention and received serious consideration for the current-generation Sports Game of the Year: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, NCAA Football 14 and MLB 13 The Show.

Read More - Current-Gen Sports Game of the Year

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bobtrain @ 01/01/14 01:54 PM
Finally some well deserved recognition for what has been one of the best sports games in recent years.

# 2 Dazraz @ 01/01/14 02:11 PM
I agree totally. Glad that Tiger Woods 14 got a deserved mention.

# 3 Jimbo614 @ 01/01/14 02:20 PM
It just had to be...
All you had to do was look at the forum. Very few people had a complaint.
And there was several threads of grown men just telling other grown men how much they loved The Show and what it meant to them.
That means a lot.
I will go on record as saying that no other video game makes quite the emotional impact as The Show.
A lot of us had given up on Baseball, something we cherished growing up. And The Show has brought us back. It's like falling in love with your high school sweetheart all over again.
It's Love.
And that's a hard thing to beat.
We Love you SECA

# 4 porkys8077 @ 01/01/14 05:17 PM
I agree, I love MLB The Show.

# 5 DaReapa @ 01/01/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtrain
Finally some well deserved recognition for what has been one of the best sports games in recent years.
Agreed. Not even a big fan of baseball (and conversely, I'm a HUGE fan of basketball), but I can honestly say that The Show has consistently been the best sport series hands down this past gen. Even though it's not without its flaws, The Show comes closer to capturing the essence of its sport than any other sports game on the market.

# 6 thedream2k13 @ 01/01/14 06:54 PM
wow 2k14 current gen got basically none of the votes. Times are changing for the 2k studio. To much hype, not enough substance

# 7 asu666 @ 01/02/14 10:14 AM
I voted for NCAA 14 because I've had a lot of fun with it and I'm sad to see the series go. It went out on top, superior to Madden imo. However, The Show could win Game of the Year every year. Sony San Diego just does a wonderful job and I'm really excited to see what they can do with the PS4.

# 8 Armor and Sword @ 01/02/14 11:55 AM
A truly remarkable baseball game is how I will put it. Never has a game come as close to real life as The Show series this gen. It was a system seller for me. When The Show 2009 was released.....my mouth dropped. I had to have it even though I was still content playing MVP 2005 on my old trusty PS2.

But when MLB 11 came out....things went to another level with classic rosters. And that continued on 12 and now 13 is truly the pinnacle of the series. I can only imagnine once the hiccups are worked out.....how incredible this series will be on the PS4 in the coming years.

Can't wait to dive in eventually.

I really love NBA 2K14, NCAA 14 and yes Madden 25 as well. Also I recently picked up WWE 2K14 and that game is a total riot. I am having so much fun.

I am not one for nostalga.....never have been. Sports games today are leaps and bounds better than the much nostaslgic PS2/XBOX era. yes features of some games have been removed for better or for worse....but game play, franchise modes, player animations/movment and realism is so amazing now. I am in hog heaven.

I guess you really had to come from the 2600 era to understand how far we have come. Even the NES system had some great sports games (tecmo, Baseball Stars, Bases Loaded etc) but when you go back and play them (save for the exception of Tecmo Super Bowl which IMO still holds up as a truly fun game) they just don't have the same wow anymore. Not when i can pop in The Show and play my 1978 Yankees, or the 1996 Yankees or the 1985 Royals.....and really feel like I am playing baseball. That's the difference. The games today are as close to real life as they ever have been. I know nothing is perfect......but realize what we have today.

It's the best it has ever been and IMO will continue to get even better on the new consoles in due time. By 2016.....we will be singing the praises of The Show, 2K B-Ball, and Madden.....I know it. And look back at this era with far more fondness.

I think these games right now (Show 13, M25, NCAA 14, WWE14, 2K14, Tiger, FIFA) will hold up for a few more years till the next gen get's it feet under them. In fact I think it will hold up far longer than the PS2/XBOX versions did. I felt the leap from PS2/XBOX to right now is significant. I have a feeling the leap to PS4 and XBOX One won't be for some time in terms of modes.

Just my thoughts.

# 9 ty5oke @ 01/02/14 11:56 AM
Just picked up Tiger this week and looking forward to the sim side of the game. I couldn't get into the Show again for the 2nd year, immersion factor is still low for me in franchise mode. I'm hoping that PS4 will breathe some new life into it.

# 10 Malcom.hail @ 01/02/14 05:49 PM
Early nominee for mlb 14 the show as 2014 game of the year...

# 11 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/06/14 06:06 PM
The show is by far the best sports game! For me personally. ..its the best game period!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 12 HustlinOwl @ 01/06/14 06:09 PM
well deserved now with Next-Gen time to fully incorporate online to be just as strong as offline

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.