Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

As reports of problems continue to mount with NBA 2K14, some frustrated gamers have been taking their complaints to the retailers they bought the game from with some reportedly finding success in getting refunds for the game.

One such report is from Scott Burress (@ExtremeGamer) who reports that he was able to get a full refund for the game through Amazon.

According to a tweet from Michael Futter of GameInformer (@Futterish), some people are also reporting they are requesting and getting refunds for NBA 2K14 digital purchases.

As you may know, NBA 2K14 has suffered from numerous problems which have made the game unplayable for some. In a recent poll on OS, 91% of people responded in saying they have had issues with the game -- with 68% saying the problems will impact their buying decision of NBA 2K next season.

Let us know if you have received a refund or any compensation from 2K and also be sure to keep an eye on the NBA 2K forums for the latest on the game's status.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PTB503 @ 01/06/14 03:01 PM
This is looking a lot like the issues the MLB series that that ultimately ended that series a few years later. Though there is no real competition like there was with MLB The Show. Here's to hoping it's just 2k not knowing the next gen consoles yet.

# 2 NUH_UHHHHHHHHHHH @ 01/06/14 03:07 PM
ACY plays for the kings.
last week couldnt connect online, but overall i would say ive had no more than 4 or 5 days of online issues.

# 3 Shadymamba @ 01/06/14 03:18 PM
On the PS3 I would say i had some 4th quarter freezes that really pissed me off - but that happens in all games and it happens about once every 15-20 games so its like ok whatever i turn it off get mad and play again - I did hear some of the next gen consoles have had major issues. I know the servers went down..last week so that probably pissed some people off - I still think saving the games on their servers is insane because if their servers go down..like it did - how are people supposed to play their games w/o converting over the offline which doesn't allow you to come back to and online type save - so maybe for 15 they say "save on your own console" like the old days and maybe some of the issues will be resolved - who knows

PS. I'm guessing my game will freeze tonight as I just jinxed it and it hasn't froze in over a month LOL

# 4 LorenzoDC @ 01/06/14 03:19 PM
The link to the poll is restricted. Can't see it.

# 5 canucksss @ 01/06/14 03:20 PM
I hope that 2k will learn from this.....releasing the game without properly addressing glaring issues that already exists in CG and still could be found in the NG. This could be the BEST GAME EVER released with a new console.

# 6 Guard-ian @ 01/06/14 03:23 PM
I pride myself to be a patient guy, but to be honest I am starting to loose my faith... If they don't solve their continuos server problems, the horrendous input lag online, the atrocious online leagues without customization (I don't know how they dare to call them like that in the xbox one version at least), the inability to load my saves... I definitely am going to try to get my money back.

Right now I would vote for NBA 2k14 next-gen to be the most disappointing sports tittle in th whole history of videogames, it is just like the devil under a beautiful woman skin...

# 7 rawdog805 @ 01/06/14 03:36 PM
I'll preface this by saying that I have had no problems so far with the actual game (knock on wood), only with the website and the IOS app...

But this serves 2k right for having piss poor customer service, and for hyping up the game and then disappearing from the forums when problems are found... I have been in contact with 2 different 2ksupport people about my problem, 1 was over a month ago, the other was 2.5 weeks ago and both claimed that they were escalating my problem.. From what I can tell an escalation with 2ksupport means that your problem will be ignored and they wont respond to you about it again...

I bought 2 copies of this game, one for my PS4 and one for my son's PS4 and 2k's arrogance has me to the point where i'm considering not purchasing another one of their games and/or trying to get a refund for at least one of my purchases..

Sorry for the rant...

# 8 jayman504 @ 01/06/14 03:38 PM
Good on them for getting their money back. I for one am hoping that this is a first year hiccup on NEXT gen and hopefully 2K15 is a bounce back one for 2k.

# 9 jayman504 @ 01/06/14 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
I'll preface this by saying that I have had no problems so far with the actual game (knock on wood), only with the website and the IOS app...

But this serves 2k right for having piss poor customer service, and for hyping up the game and then disappearing from the forums when problems are found... I have been in contact with 2 different 2ksupport people about my problem, 1 was over a month ago, the other was 2.5 weeks ago and both claimed that they were escalating my problem.. From what I can tell an escalation with 2ksupport means that your problem will be ignored and they wont respond to you about it again...

I bought 2 copies of this game, one for my PS4 and one for my son's PS4 and 2k's arrogance has me to the point where i'm considering not purchasing another one of their games and/or trying to get a refund for at least one of my purchases..

Sorry for the rant...
To play games on my xbox one I have to glitch the system by signing out then signing back in again. I two have bought multiple copies and that's why I will be waiting for gamer feedback before buying

# 10 XtremeDunkz @ 01/06/14 03:48 PM
I just got a refund for my digital copy, sweet.

# 11 Sports fanantic @ 01/06/14 03:49 PM
As much as i love playing NBA video games along side with the real life NBA season, I will definitely reconsider buying another NBA game until they actually promise what they advertise and minimize the amount of Bugs/glitches that this piece of work came with.

# 12 ponderguy @ 01/06/14 03:55 PM
I got a refund for 2k14 on the xbox one the other day. I bought it digitally, I called Microsoft customer support and related the server issues and game crashing during cinematics and they quickly approved a refund and I had my money back the next morning

# 13 thedream2k13 @ 01/06/14 04:01 PM
Mine sold on eBay for $55.00, no regrets

# 14 Behindshadows @ 01/06/14 04:03 PM
Yeah I took mine back 2 weeks ago, and not really missing it.

# 15 pikten @ 01/06/14 04:19 PM
2k vc system cause this mess,wtf 2k you have one of the worst online servers in gaming history and you made a game that needs 24/7 be online!!

# 16 oldman @ 01/06/14 04:38 PM
I know this is a little off topic but is mycareer or mygm fixed yet as of today? I haven't seen any post about it.

# 17 The 24th Letter @ 01/06/14 04:55 PM
Good.

Hope this hits home ...

# 18 mlb08 @ 01/06/14 05:27 PM
2k just couldnt fix crashes and bugs so those cant play so they demand a refund. 2k ignore customers a lot. Poorly done to next generation.

# 19 RumbleCard @ 01/06/14 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Good.

Hope this hits home ...
Agreed. It won't hit them in the pocket book now but it might cost them inventory at release at some retailers going into next year depending on how many refunds there were and how the contract reads.

Bottom line this company decided at some point going into this year that they were going to disconnect themselves from their buyers and its reverberated so badly that retailers are refunding open games and digital downloads. That in my eyes is the ultimate in failure when your middle man(especially in this industry) has to clean up your mess.

They better wise up going into next year or they're in for a rude awakening.

# 20 BreesXLIV @ 01/06/14 05:39 PM
Amazon just gave me a full refund

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.