Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

As reports of problems continue to mount with NBA 2K14, some frustrated gamers have been taking their complaints to the retailers they bought the game from with some reportedly finding success in getting refunds for the game.

One such report is from Scott Burress (@ExtremeGamer) who reports that he was able to get a full refund for the game through Amazon.

According to a tweet from Michael Futter of GameInformer (@Futterish), some people are also reporting they are requesting and getting refunds for NBA 2K14 digital purchases.

As you may know, NBA 2K14 has suffered from numerous problems which have made the game unplayable for some. In a recent poll on OS, 91% of people responded in saying they have had issues with the game -- with 68% saying the problems will impact their buying decision of NBA 2K next season.

Let us know if you have received a refund or any compensation from 2K and also be sure to keep an eye on the NBA 2K forums for the latest on the game's status.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 scotthedge @ 01/06/14 09:56 PM
I have never felt so ****ed by a developer. Online only, vc currency, losing my entire GM season because of a glitch. And I know 2k will do nothing. The game on the court is beautiful and I feel bad that those developers took so much time and put so much talent into the game only to be ruined by poor decisions and greed. Why am I not able to make my own save slots? Why can't I save two or three of the same season? Like every other video game in history. Why? Especially with a game that could take hundreds of hours of your life, then its gone for nothing. **** 2k.

# 42 rawdog805 @ 01/06/14 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Can PS4 hardcopy get a refund?
Yes... I think I will be going to take my copy back in to Best Buy after this blizzard that we're getting here in Buffalo lets up this week.

I will still have one copy in the house though because my 13 year old loves the game and wont let me take his copy back.. lol..

# 43 turty11 @ 01/06/14 10:14 PM
if there was another basketball game to play id return 2k...but 2k twice a week is better than no basketball

# 44 jdareal21 @ 01/06/14 10:45 PM
I'm certainly not trying to jinx my own experience, but I can't believe so many people are having this many issues with the game. For me 2K10 was a broken experience online, this isn't that. Out of 20 games or so I got disconnected twice, and my setup is about as archaic as it comes for Wi-fi. As far as the other modes I've only been playing MyCareer, and after I turned off action replays, it's only quit on me once in over 30 games, I'm well into January in my first season. Not saying these issues aren't very real, but I don't know if it's as widespread as the internet leads you to believe nowadays...

# 45 WarlordZMaster @ 01/06/14 10:46 PM
I am still missing ALL MyGM progress that was bought with VC that I never should have had to use. I have not played in a week due to all of the problems. I hope 2K gets their poop straight and lets us save OUR files on OUR hardrives. I would hate to move on from 2K, but this year has been absolutely terrible.

# 46 andy112382 @ 01/06/14 11:32 PM
Weird, I'm still having fun playing it......oh, well, I don't want a refund or to get rid of it.

# 47 JGardner3 @ 01/07/14 12:23 AM
Feeling like I made the right decision to stay on current gen.. It'll get worked out eventually, but glad I din't fork over $399 as 2k was one of the first games I would have bought

# 48 bludevilchief @ 01/07/14 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
I'm certainly not trying to jinx my own experience, but I can't believe so many people are having this many issues with the game. For me 2K10 was a broken experience online, this isn't that. Out of 20 games or so I got disconnected twice, and my setup is about as archaic as it comes for Wi-fi. As far as the other modes I've only been playing MyCareer, and after I turned off action replays, it's only quit on me once in over 30 games, I'm well into January in my first season. Not saying these issues aren't very real, but I don't know if it's as widespread as the internet leads you to believe nowadays...
Uh...it is as widespread. It has nothing to do with your connection either - it's all 2k's servers.

# 49 Hagar03 @ 01/07/14 12:55 AM
Can I get a refund on my ng digital copy from PSN?

# 50 thatdudetoo @ 01/07/14 04:30 AM
Interesting article. I just took 2K back to Best Buy Saturday. I simply told them "It doesn't work". It's ridiculous for this game to be in this state for so long. Fortunately for me they didn't have another copy of 2K in the store. Only 3 copies of Live. I told the guy don't even bother trying to look for another 2K. I'll take the LIve.
So I turned that game in, got Live and 20 bucks back (Live was on sale for 39.99). Honestly, I've been having more fun with Live also. 2K felt so scripted to me that I really never finished games because I can see "the switch flip" in 2K for when the script was kicking in. I don't feel any of that with Live. I'm really enjoying it. Just wish they can get the polish on it like 2K has and fix a few other issues.

# 51 soulfuljyl @ 01/07/14 06:28 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread

so i'm moving in 2 days, therefore i won't have internet for awhile, does that mean i have to play with the day 1 roster? unless i use my phone's hot spot other wise i'm doomed?!?!?

wtf!?!?!?!?

# 52 The 24th Letter @ 01/07/14 08:27 AM
I just cant wrap my head around all the modes being tied to online...I mean, nobody in the board room said: "Well, our servers havent been reliable in a very long time, maybe this isnt such a good idea"

Nobody?

Ronnie and LD2k are going to have a heck of a time trying to market this game here next year LOL. I think its time for 2k go into damage control mode...

# 53 Marc_Rez @ 01/07/14 08:43 AM
I must admit I am VERY disappointed in 2K Sports with NBA 2K14 for Next-Gen. This game is only useful for single games and that itself is stressful with rosters and a few other things. There's a long list of issues I have with this game but I won't get into that now. But to pay $60 for a game that I only use 10% of is ridiculous. They better redeem themselves next year cause this is not a good look

# 54 VDusen04 @ 01/07/14 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuljyl
I didn't want to start a new thread

so i'm moving in 2 days, therefore i won't have internet for awhile, does that mean i have to play with the day 1 roster? unless i use my phone's hot spot other wise i'm doomed?!?!?

wtf!?!?!?!?
That's another great example as to why the online requirement is such an awful idea. There's a seemingly endless stream of scenarios being faced by consumers every day that leads to a loss of an online connection (moving, country living, poor signal, inclement weather, poor gamer servers, internet provider issues, etc.). It all adds up to a very stressful gaming experience for those who wish to play modes that should for no reason require an online connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I just cant wrap my head around all the modes being tied to online...I mean, nobody in the board room said: "Well, our servers havent been reliable in a very long time, maybe this isnt such a good idea"

Nobody?

Ronnie and LD2k are going to have a heck of a time trying to market this game here next year LOL. I think its time for 2k go into damage control mode...
I'm right there with you. I'd say, even if 2K's servers had a great reputation, I still wouldn't have supported an always-online requirement. As mentioned above, I feel it just introduces way too many variables that could lead to a disrupted gaming experience. There's no customer benefit that comes from forcing offline modes to always be connected online. It's a sham. My biggest hope is this becomes loud and clear to 2K and they go back to what made them so great in the first place.

And yeah, I've been thinking about the marketing for 2K15 as well. I know I was skeptical about 2K14, but I'll be interested how others will be handling any bit of news from the hype men next year. Even if they say good things ("VC has been scaled back"), will people believe it?

# 55 nuckles2k2 @ 01/07/14 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Nobody?

I agree, and I say we ramp up the damage they have to control.

I contacted Sony to request a refund for my digital version that was purchased on the PSN. Sony doesn't seem to eager to refund any money, and that's fine. The goal is to make it enough of a headache for the retailers of the game (unfortunately) so they turn and look at Take Two and 2K.

I think this is a much better call to action than the class action lawsuits. If we wanna make a real impact, lets make things a little uncomfortable for them.

No publisher wants multiple retailers asking "why are we fielding so many refund requests?"

For me, it's not about whether or not I get any money back (I don't expect to) but like I said, I'd rather this call to action, as opposed to the Erin Brokovich plan of collecting signatures and suing someone.

EDIT: The refund claim is under review. Just wanted to clear that up. It's not like they said "no, and that's that."

I want them to "look into it." If they have to do that for a large number who people who bought the game digitally, then one becomes 100, which becomes 200, and so on -- which is a pattern.

That would be a bad look for 2K and subsequently, Take Two.

# 56 Dice @ 01/07/14 09:22 AM
So is this just a next gen issue or is this also the case for PS3/Xbox 360 users?

# 57 xxbtvxx @ 01/07/14 10:07 AM
just got my refund, so glad, couldn't even play this damn game

# 58 Fuimus Troes @ 01/07/14 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
EDIT: The refund claim is under review. Just wanted to clear that up. It's not like they said "no, and that's that."

I want them to "look into it." If they have to do that for a large number who people who bought the game digitally, then one becomes 100, which becomes 200, and so on -- which is a pattern.

That would be a bad look for 2K and subsequently, Take Two.
My PSN refund request was under review last week, then I got a "no" email because "all digital purchases are final per user agreement."

I'll try again in a week or so.

# 59 nuckles2k2 @ 01/07/14 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes
My PSN refund request was under review last week, then I got a "no" email because "all digital purchases are final per user agreement."

I'll try again in a week or so.
That's what I expected.

It's still worth contacting Sony tho.

# 60 smallg7 @ 01/07/14 10:59 AM
Sony denied me at first when I did a live chat so I called them and they were real nice, had me do a couple of trouble shooting things (that they were required to do) after the tests the guy said he would turn it in for review. I got my approval and refund next day.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.