Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

As reports of problems continue to mount with NBA 2K14, some frustrated gamers have been taking their complaints to the retailers they bought the game from with some reportedly finding success in getting refunds for the game.

One such report is from Scott Burress (@ExtremeGamer) who reports that he was able to get a full refund for the game through Amazon.

According to a tweet from Michael Futter of GameInformer (@Futterish), some people are also reporting they are requesting and getting refunds for NBA 2K14 digital purchases.

As you may know, NBA 2K14 has suffered from numerous problems which have made the game unplayable for some. In a recent poll on OS, 91% of people responded in saying they have had issues with the game -- with 68% saying the problems will impact their buying decision of NBA 2K next season.

Let us know if you have received a refund or any compensation from 2K and also be sure to keep an eye on the NBA 2K forums for the latest on the game's status.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 01/13/14 11:45 PM
Only issues I've had were server. But they are pretty bad

# 142 GisherJohn24 @ 01/14/14 12:48 PM
2ks servers were crappy on the Xbox . Just the norm.

# 143 Crystar500 @ 01/14/14 10:58 PM
I've been playing on Current Gen, lol. Sure, the graphics suck compared to Next Gen (Well New Gen, really.). But, the game is much more playable in my opinion than the Next Gen version. I have 2K for my Xbox One and I did not play it all for the past month now.

It's not even the servers that stopped me from playing it. It was the darn features. The menus are atrocious and confusing. Really 2K?! I gotta go to NBA Today in order to get a Quick Game or Blacktop Mode. Or even the new Roster Editor? Editing rosters is TERRIBLE on the new gen 2K. In the last gen, you could make a CAP league by hand if you wanted to. Now, you can't even make players outside of MyCAREER!

Oh yeah, MyCAREER is shiny and new and all, but I don't care. I never liked the mode really ever since it started. I've been an Association guy to the fullest. That said, MyCAREER has a lot of issues on its own that are seperate.

MyTeam is one bright spot, sort of. The servers ruin it, and it's too much about VC to me. Sure, it can be played without purchasing VC, but how long will that take by playing Solo MyTEAM alone? 2K is looking more like these mobile games that make you pay in order to continue things. Like you know, pay 2 dollars here or there for more energy?

MyGM, in an Association player's eyes, good and bad. Not much good I can say besides the GM duties you na now do. I like the dialogues and cutscenes that occur, but problems in Association are still present. And there's no fun to it anymore because there's no editing player's faces in draft classes, no Custom teams, custom rosters have to be downloaded off of 2K share or even an expansion draft that some of is have been asking for. Then there are problems from Association that are present in new gen MyGM. Such as real life sixth men getting mad at their minutes. Ex: Jason Terry, Manu Ginobilli

Real disappointment 2K. And I may get some hate for this! But I'll say it!

At least Live TRIES to FIX their problems. They accept the fact their game was GARBAGE. Now, it is somewhat playable.

You stooped to a new low, 2K.

# 144 Crystar500 @ 01/15/14 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I don't think Live fixed their problems either and no Live is not playable at all. Lets no go overboard here...you were doing good until you put that at the end.
They have fixed some of them. JaoSming made some pretty cool vids on youtube of Live gameplay, and he spoke of how he is somehow attracted to this game, lol.

I mean what else is out there to play in basketball gaming right now besides current gen and Live? I'm not being a Live fan, but I'm just saying that it's a shame 2K hasn't fixed most of their glaring issues while EA is working on theirs at a slow, steady pace. (Well besides certain things, which are beyond repair.)

And yes, they have fixed things.

Again, I don't know if I would resort to live yet, lol. I'd rather go play 2K11 again.

# 145 WTF @ 01/15/14 11:16 AM
That's your opinion TheRealHST. Several of us are enjoying it immensely. With that said, this isn't a Live stinks and is unplayable thread, this is a 2k is having issues, people are returning the game thread.

# 146 Maxflier @ 01/15/14 12:21 PM
I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to return an opened game that I bought 2 months ago at Best Buy. But I long ago left my copy at my buddies house, so I at least have comfort in knowing they won't get a sale from him since he has my copy to play.

# 147 WTF @ 01/15/14 06:08 PM
Again, this is not a Live thread. Keep it on 2k.

I have enjoyed 2k thoroughly over the years for your information. This year was the breaking point however.

# 148 RangersCruz @ 01/15/14 06:17 PM
if you're a fan of the other game i don't see the point of coming on the 2k forums to just talk crap when that other game is pathetic as it gets

# 149 GisherJohn24 @ 01/15/14 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
if you're a fan of the other game i don't see the point of coming on the 2k forums to just talk crap when that other game is pathetic as it gets
A lot of people enjoy live. I'm one of them. 2ks great too. I think both games do great things. Just different side by side. Live takes about 3-4 games to learn the controls. But its actually quite deep. For me 2k plays fantastic offline. Live plays better online.

# 150 RangersCruz @ 01/15/14 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
A lot of people enjoy live. I'm one of them. 2ks great too. I think both games do great things. Just different side by side. Live takes about 3-4 games to learn the controls. But its actually quite deep. For me 2k plays fantastic offline. Live plays better online.
That's fine i don't want to get into a debate over another game everybody has different types of games they want i prefer a true next gen game for a console i paid 500+ for

# 151 GisherJohn24 @ 01/17/14 02:14 PM
Nobody can get refunds for Battlefield 4 for having a broken online, so why does 2K need to pay up for having online problems? This is so out of whack if retails are accepting refunds. 3 months later no less. I think if it is happening, it's no a common event. I'm never getting rid of my copy. I love it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.