Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

GameInformer has posted their NBA 2K15 wishlist. Quite a few topics on OS have been created as well. Make sure you check them out in our Forums and add to the lists here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 541 inspired4fr33 @ 08/26/14 04:31 PM
The number one thing that needs to be added is the flames that shoot out in the Miami Heat intros.

Also the PA announcer. Marrrriiiooo Chalmers 333333333!
And twooooooo minutes, dos ! Minutos !

# 542 Clappington @ 08/26/14 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Can users still abuse alleyoops ?
Thats the question I really want to know.

# 543 YogiGarebear89 @ 08/26/14 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspired4fr33
The number one thing that needs to be added is the flames that shoot out in the Miami Heat intros.

Also the PA announcer. Marrrriiiooo Chalmers 333333333!
And twooooooo minutes, dos ! Minutos !
More like

Paaaauulll Pierrcce foorrrrrr 333333333!

# 544 Bearsfan1 @ 08/27/14 12:50 AM
- More passing variety

More pocket passing in tighter areas, such as in PnR situations. Guys with bigger hands can hold the ball out with one arm and pass to cutters in the lane like they do in real life (Like Lebron or the Gasols).

- Bigger/Smaller hands slider

Similar to how they incorporated wingspan in last year's game, it would be nice to see the Rajon Rondo's of the world and the Kawhi Leonard's with their larger than life gorilla mitts. I think it would add a nice effect.

- Different shooting pockets

This has been tinkered with a little bit over the years, but I feel like player's shots still look too rigid. There is not enough variety based on where they catch the ball and where the defender is. Not every shot looks the same.

It would be nice if they added more catching animations for passes that are high or low, making the shooting animation start from a different place.

Best example I can give is in the Yakum trailer, look at the Steph Curry shot. It does not look like a smooth transition into his shot. There has to be a way where they can add small subtleties in there, so the shot doesn't look like somebody just pushed a button.. If that makes sense.

-Re Do the Fastbreaks in this game

The passing and fastbreaks have always been terrible in 2k, IMO. There is no spacing or common sense. Enough with the overhead passes to guys running 5 feet in front of them. Enough crappy bounce passes. This goes hand and hand with my first point about the passing.

I think the defense has too much of an unfair advantage defending it. My suggestion would be to add an animation or a physics thing where there is some momentum involved in change of direction. I feel like defenders can react too quickly to passes that make them turn around.

- Make players actually dunk when they have the ball underneath the basket.

It is almost impossible to get players to dunk in this game when they are right underneath the basket. They always give you that animation where they throw up a bank shot that can be blocked or missed easily. There needs to be more poster dunks in general for post ups. If somebody like Dwight Howard catches the ball underneath in deep post position, chances are he's going to go up with two hands and dunk it, while the guy defending him is going to be pushed backwards or go for the strip/foul. This is a MUST fix for me. It ruins games.

# 545 Vni @ 08/27/14 08:22 AM
Some good points Bearfans1.

For the fact that your player will rarely dunk under the rim, I'am pretty sure they've tweaked that after 2K13 where you coudn't stop a guy from dunking under the rim. There where no contextual animations for the defender to come and defend. No collision, no contact. It was kind of frustrating. I'am guessing they made it very rare to be able to dunk under the rim for that reason.

It would be cool if they fixed the whole thing for 2K15 though.

# 546 jmood88 @ 08/27/14 09:09 AM
I want to see replays of different things. I'm tired of just seeing replays of scoring plays, I want to see missed shots, steals, blocks, passes, anything. It would also be nice to have coaches with different personalities in My Player. All the coaches give the same challenges and there were times where the coach on my team was fired and I couldn't even tell the difference. It would make the mode even more interesting if the coaches were more individualized, like some who put you on a short leash and take you out if you **** things up or more lax "player coaches" who let players get away with things that another one wouldn't etc.

# 547 biatch0 @ 08/27/14 11:20 AM
I'd like to see an attempt at reasonable AI for CPU team mates. Less brain dead point guards charging into the paint to get blocked, less taking a fadeaway turnaround shot while double teamed after a pick and passing to the open team mate, less receiving the ball on the perimeter completely open and waiting for the defense to get in your face before taking the shot (or ignoring the open shot and charging into the paint to get blocked), less sagging off Ray Allen so far that you are defending him from inside the paint.

All these things that the CPU does are ridiculous, but strangely occur only on your team. Every time something above happens, you know that anywhere in reality, your team mates or your coach and you would be ripping said player a new "orifice"... After 1 full year of MyCareer, your team mates would essentially have more "orifices" than pores. Really... less of this stuff... please.

# 548 Crystar500 @ 08/27/14 12:20 PM
I had something taken from me that I loved. I loved Create a Team with all my heart. Sure, it's logos were trashy, and the jerseys weren't really that great, but I miss it. Making the Sonics and putting them in Association was always a fun time. I bet on current-gen we can have more slots, maybe enough to make a whole fictional league?

Give me back my Create a Team, 2K! :'(

# 549 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/28/14 12:35 PM
As a sim game why do we need the posterizer signature skill? There's dunk , vertical , and strength ratings. There's also dunk and attack tendency. Lastly there's a dunk in traffic frequency and success slider . It just seems like redundant arcade BS. Lebron , Westbrook, iggy , Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, Rudy Gay , Drummond ,Derozan , all don't have it yet they dunk on people all the time in game .

But bench warmers like Derrick Williams have it ? What's the point ? And KD has it over all those other guys too . Dwight also has it with 92 dunk , 96 strength , 82 vertical , finisher (which also finishes dunks in traffic in addition to Layups) , and 72 dunk tendency. Don't think it's needed .

# 550 brianr07 @ 08/28/14 07:55 PM
I'm not sure if anyone is still checking this thread but:

PLEASE ADD ALL OF THE TEAM USA BASKETBALL TEAMS! Imagine how many players would be in 2k if this were a reality. I would definitely play 2k much more often than I currently do if we had all of those historic players. The quality of team up/ quick match/ my team would go up tremendously IMO.

# 551 JoFri @ 08/30/14 07:18 AM
Pls put in a proper Triangle Offense scheme for the classic championship bulls and lakers and of cos, the today's championship-to-be knicks. Great.

# 552 magicman32 @ 08/30/14 05:31 PM
Please improve...

-Passing

-pass/catch animations. This will improve spacing.

-Rebounding (rebounding catch animations)

-Bump animations off ball. A minor bump shouldn't make a player move so far. This will improve spacing and make the game look more like real basketball. This will also improve that "sliding" feeling this game can have.

-make quick defensive shuffle more responsive.

# 553 spectro @ 08/30/14 11:37 PM
The ability to be able to pick who does the all-star events including all-star game.

please

# 554 Rell7thirty @ 09/01/14 03:30 AM
Probably too late to add in the game, perhaps not.. But I would love a more tv feel presentation in 2k15, both in versus modes but mostly MyPlayer mode.

Here's what I mean: I love the endorsement deal decisions we are given in 2k14, and the face that you can change your agent at one point. These things make you feel like you're living the life of the player you've built up. Anyway, when you land these deals you are usually featured in some kind of ad, whether it be a billboard or an actual commercial (that Jordan ad ), I'd love to be able to watch these commercial in game, during quarter breaks or halftime. Mix it in with real ads by Nike, Gatorade and other companies, but with in game character models..

I know you guys already did a lot by adding player intros and cheerleaders, mascots, earnie and shaq.. But it's kind of a bummer having to scroll through menus to see your ad achievements.

Keep up that social media app though. I loved it. Getting dynamic mentions and even a heads up on my ads and billboards lol

Btw sorry if any of these things were already requested, it's a pretty big thread..

# 555 hristi @ 09/03/14 01:33 AM
Fiba teams. Is there a list of comfirmed info?

# 556 daveberg @ 09/04/14 07:26 PM
Far too late now I would imagine, but maybe for next year - go back and look at implementing some of the AWESOME shot animations from 2k11.

There was a plethora of offensive moves in that game, the contact layups, changed shots and double clutches were out of this world - they're all just a bit flat and mechanical looking now.

See my OLD 2k11 MJ vid for reference below:

Bring back the one dribble pull ups/rip over jumpers etc etc

Give us back control over shimmy shots. Just feels like the AI is doing all the work now.

Give players signature dribble moves, game looks ridiculous when everyone is performing the same repertoire of moves.

# 557 midwestking100 @ 09/04/14 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Far too late now I would imagine, but maybe for next year - go back and look at implementing some of the AWESOME shot animations from 2k11.

There was a plethora of offensive moves in that game, the contact layups, changed shots and double clutches were out of this world - they're all just a bit flat and mechanical looking now.

See my OLD 2k11 MJ vid for reference below:

Bring back the one dribble pull ups/rip over jumpers etc etc

Give us back control over shimmy shots. Just feels like the AI is doing all the work now.

Give players signature dribble moves, game looks ridiculous when everyone is performing the same repertoire of moves.
^^^^^THIS is what brought me to 2k. Definitely a momentum changer for me in terms of me being a consumer of their product.

# 558 24ct @ 09/04/14 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
As a sim game why do we need the posterizer signature skill? There's dunk , vertical , and strength ratings. There's also dunk and attack tendency. Lastly there's a dunk in traffic frequency and success slider . It just seems like redundant arcade BS. Lebron , Westbrook, iggy , Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, Rudy Gay , Drummond ,Derozan , all don't have it yet they dunk on people all the time in game .

But bench warmers like Derrick Williams have it ? What's the point ? And KD has it over all those other guys too . Dwight also has it with 92 dunk , 96 strength , 82 vertical , finisher (which also finishes dunks in traffic in addition to Layups) , and 72 dunk tendency. Don't think it's needed .
Posterizers have different dunk on/over animations.
Some of them you can only do with this sig skill.
It translates because there are guys in the NBA who ONLY dunk on people, lol so it's not a farfetched sig skill...

# 559 daveberg @ 09/05/14 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
^^^^^THIS is what brought me to 2k. Definitely a momentum changer for me in terms of me being a consumer of their product.
Agreed.

I only purchased 2k14 a few months back - I switched to PC for the UBR which is awesome, but the game itself I thought was a HUGE step back after taking away things like the one dribble pull ups and gradually since 2k13 phased out sig dribbles and moves etc. It all kinda feels a little generic now. Even subtle things like MJ's one handed ball fake in 2k11 gave the impression that all players were different. Now we have very little in terms of sig animations to tell them apart.

Honestly, if they could make 2k15/16 as fluid as the game has been over the last two years AND add in all those amazing shots from 2k11, WITH signature dribbles/fakes/moves in the mix, this game would truly be amazing.

ANyway, as always - a selling point for me is the inclusion of legend teams - a wish would be for 2k to stop adding Euro teams and refocus on retro stuff.......

# 560 midwestking100 @ 09/05/14 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg

ANyway, as always - a selling point for me is the inclusion of legend teams - a wish would be for 2k to stop adding Euro teams and refocus on retro stuff.......
Check this thread out called Running list of Classic Teams that could be added featuring players already in game. We are really trying to get new classics in 2k badly.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.