Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

GameInformer has posted their NBA 2K15 wishlist. Quite a few topics on OS have been created as well. Make sure you check them out in our Forums and add to the lists here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 VDusen04 @ 01/16/14 04:23 PM
In lieu of the current Virtual Currency structure of NBA 2K (with paltry adidas brand gear being one of the even semi-interesting "extras" one can purchase), I still subscribe to NFL 2K5's Crib setup and point allocations.

For those unfamiliar, NFL 2K5 did not create a fake currency that invaded every mode and left gamers scrounging for scraps just to buy the right to negotiate with their own players in franchise mode. Instead, the points earned for one's Crib were mere extras handed out in a healthy ratio that allowed gamers to slowly earn and unlock fun extras like mini-games, video clips, or a bevy of furniture for one's own virtual house.

The keys to NFL 2K5's implementation were twofold: 1) Gamers weren't required to use the Crib for anything and thus didn't have to worry about earning extra points if they did not want to and 2) The ratio with which points were delivered was quite fair and liberal, striking a wonderful balance between keeping the carrot in front of the gamer and not frustrating said gamer into grinding for points just to unlock a new ottoman.

I understand a Crib wouldn't be every gamer's cup of tea, but that's why I feel it should be an unrequired extra. I just felt it created a fun sense of reward, and I like to imagine customizing a house just like the one below but with a retro Joe Dumars jersey on the wall and classic NBA clips being unlocked to play on my flatscreen TV.

I also like the idea of a semi-elaborate trophy room within one's Crib, as can be seen in the video below. In particular, I think 1) It'd be nice to see a visual representation of all the real trophies we've earned (along with dates they were accomplished and with whom and 2) I loved NFL 2K5's idea of creating a trophy challenge for one player from every single NFL team. This developed a ton of random replay value and encouraged gamers to be versatile in the teams they used.

What the Crib looked like in NFL 2K5:

I feel this setup would beat the heck out of 2K14's current grinding-for-gold principle.

# 102 Optik @ 01/16/14 06:17 PM
If you're subscribed to Coach Nick's BBALLBREAKDOWN channel, you'll notice that recently he's been interviewing several NBA players, asking them about their coaching habits. In regards to their footwork when shooting, he always asks them if they use the 1-2 or the hop. 2K should implement these techniques so that it's easier to get separation from defenders when shooting.

# 103 VDusen04 @ 01/17/14 11:45 AM
I'd like it if teams automatically wore their alternate jerseys on the correct night in NBA Today, MyCareer, and Association. For example, the Detroit Pistons are wearing their Mo-Town alternates on Sunday games this season. It'd be nice to see that automatically reflected in MyCareer, so there'd be an extra touch of freshness and authenticity of your team happens to stop in Auburn Hills on a Sunday.

Of course, I'd also still want to maintain the ability to manually change jerseys for both the user and computer.

# 104 VDusen04 @ 01/18/14 11:48 AM
Regarding Loose Ball Situations

1. More frantic loose ball pursuit: Instead of jogging lifelessly and unable to catch up to a slow bouncing ball plopping about into the backcourt, I believe players should be in attack mode, lower to the ground, sprinting and ready to dive at any moment:

Spoiler

2. More realistic interaction between players fighting or pursuing loose balls: This would reference diving for a loose ball together, tie-ups, scrums, and tussling side by side when in pursuit.

3. Many more "save" animations when ball is at risk of going out of bounds:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(take note of crowd audio as well)

4. Fan or Bench Reactions to Incoming Player: Below is an extreme example, but it'd still be a significant step forward to implement people sitting on the sidelines who could at least somewhat acknowledge that a player may be diving right for them.

Spoiler

# 105 DJ_Solis @ 01/18/14 06:41 PM
I'm pretty sure most people have addressed the major issues with this game so I'll just make a suggestion I would like personally. I think in mycareer we should be able to decide whether or not we want that teammate grade box in the upper right corner. I don't care what my grade is but it still annoys me to see it drop when I feel like I did nothing wrong or I played pretty good defense. Honestly if I wanted to see my stat line I would check the game stats. That's just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 106 AntiBandwagoner @ 01/19/14 03:57 PM
Offline saves of course.

And I would hope every shot form 2 feet doesn't always go in like it does in this year's version.

# 107 Cleve07103 @ 01/19/14 05:32 PM
Since we have mygm 2k should bring the d league back. Also have 10 day contracts. Create a player which im sure everyone else has said already.

# 108 FiTMac @ 01/21/14 07:36 AM
  • Season mode with 30 team control
  • All saves to hard drive

# 109 LiveAllDaWay @ 01/22/14 01:10 AM
My Career

-Add in different voices and include a create your own voice (an option) for your myplayer.

-Lets walk around in the arena outside of the arena in our house, condo, etc. Lets drive our car to different places like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9y9b-Cwv7o from 2:42 to 7:07. I know this is a lot to to ask and maybe never going in but i still put it.

-Get rid of the rookie showcase and bring back the draft combine, summer circuit and training camp. And add the summer league in as well. This is what happens in real life. I don't like the rookie showcase.

-If your player plays a poor performance the draft should be tougher for you to get in the 1st round but not all the time make it rare where u might get the first round.

-Even when you play poor performance in a few game or more your coach should lower you minutes, make you a bench warmer unless he needs you or assigned you to the dleague. But the team can call us back when they need the help.

I know MyCareer is all about you and how you see yourself in the NBA. But look at the players every year get drafted and some still don't get the opportunity in like 2 yrs or if someones injured. We should at least have a penalty when we play poor or team thinks u can develop more b4 playing at a high level

# 110 m-dogg @ 01/22/14 10:06 AM
* for MyCareer, add ability to change team playbook, and players individual plays. You can tie this ability to a signature skill like "Assistant coach" or "Teachers Pet", charge 10K for it if you want but users need the flexibility to have fun in this mode. I hate being stuck with a bad playbook as a PG, on a team I want to stay and play for.

* add ability to veto trades in MyCareer. Once again this could be another expensive signature skill "Assistant GM" or "Trusted Veteran" or something. Anytime the team Gm is going to make a trade he will check with you first and the player can block it if he wants, this can avoid the needless and wacky trades that make no sense (valuable draft picks and players for a washed up Billups etc). It is also realistic, as most teams will consult their star players before making such a trade. Once again you need to give your users more control and customization to decrease the frustration of playing your most popular mode.

* add custom sliders to my career - just do this and watch how many more people play this mode and how much longer they play it for. I can never get past an offseason as the horrible shooting percentages eventually drive me crazy and I have to give up on the mode. But if it had sliders, I would play it right up to the release of the next years NBA2k! After this year's buggy debacle, you owe us some sliders next year! (please)

# 111 finnblake @ 01/23/14 12:05 AM
NBA 2K15 Wishlist

General:
Being back the cheerleaders, mascots and camera guys back and make them more realistic.

Commentators should time things better and react to how good the situation really was. They should get pumped. And if they were talking about something and then there was a big dunk and they react excited, then they should go back to what they were saying before.

Halftime Report. It's been the same forever. They should get a couple of guys that actually do the halftime report like Shaq and have them sit around the table and summarise and then show highlights.

Presentation should change. I didn't like 2K14's presentation much because things just jumped out at you too much. But the scoreboard did look quite smooth.

Get more players for interviews!

Recreate the crowd. The crowd reacts terribly to the situation that is happening and they need to redesign it. Have only a couple of people stand up if there's a block and the whole crowd if there's a buzzer beater. Not the whole crowd if there's been a turnover. And also make them look better and more of them. They always look the same and they have the same movements, make more models.

Recreate the audio system. The audio sometimes is terrible because it dosent sound anything like what you see. Also make the player chatter more accurate and the crowd noises.

Make the atmosphere more realistic in the stadium. You yourself should feel intense and nervous if there's a shot on the line or if there is a huge game coming up.

Get rid of VC. It's as simple as that.

Redo the servers and bring back crew mode!

The importance of the game should affect the attendance of the game. If it's the Bucks v Magic then there should not be a full stadium. But if it's something like Heat v Pacers then fill it up!

MyCareer:
Make more paths for your career to go down. Your player should have many more paths that his career could take because it would keep people hooked on this mode for longer. And have at least 1 cutscenes after every game. And the ability to skip them.

Be able to choose jerseys that you wear before you play. This has been missing for ages and it needs to be put in!

Have the ability to walk around in your house and manage everything there. Like what the car/plane backdrop is currently, make it like that. And if you're playing at home next game, be at home and if you're away, be in a hotel. Be able to sit down and talk to your agent, manage all of your attributes, look at nba.com to look at the stats/standings ect.

Have different currency for attributes and luxuries. And lower the price of clothing.

Make coaches a bigger part of the mode and have them mentor you through your career. And also teammates should do that as well.

You should be able to reply to people who are calling you out on social media, should give you some options on how to reply and you choose.

Your player should be able to answer halftime interviews just like press conferences.

Don't make so many trades that are so unrealistic. I played for the suns and by the first time I played the heat which was about 3 weeks after the season started, there was a lot of players missing, including chris bosh and d Wade.

Make the ability to update to real rosters in mycareer. Last year in 2k13 I was playing mycareer on the rockets and I really wanted to play alongside James Harden but I would have to start a new career. Should update rosters in mycareer.

Teammates should have more logic on the court and you should be able to become close with them off the court. Have the ability to be able to go and play street ball with them or play bowling or watch a movie or something for bonding to increase chemistry.

MyTeam:

Only played 2 games so I can't really say anything. Got very bored easily.

# 112 DaPope13 @ 01/23/14 04:20 AM
The fact that I can see the light bulbs in the shot clock, I don't think we need anything else!

# 113 VDusen04 @ 01/23/14 03:31 PM
I'd like more offensive intelligence along the baseline.

1) Introduce some "tight-roping" or quick step animations for when players are dribbling along the baseline and running out of real-estate (as opposed to them just blindly taking large steps out of bounds when they run out of room, not even trying to stay inbounds).

2) When a post player has their back to the basket and the right move is over their shoulder toward the baseline, I'd like some context-sensitive shots and attempts from my post player. Most importantly, I'd like to see him at least try to avoid shooting the ball behind the backboard (picture those moments when a gamer inputs for a move to the baseline only to see their player perform a drawn out jump hook that slams into the back of the backboard for a violation).

It'd be nice, even if the move was input toward the baseline, if there were "shoot logically, on the right side of the backboard, even if it means re-adjusting or being a little awkward" animations.

# 114 GiantsFan2013 @ 01/25/14 10:09 AM
1. Ability to shoot around Pre-Game on MyCareer. Put on a Dunk Show, or get a few shots off.

2. The ability to move a teams location in MyGM. They have this in Madden, even though it happens more often in the NBA than the NFL. Also the ability to create new jerseys and use a MyCareer player in MyGM.

3. Using XB1 Connect or PS4 Eye, be able to create your own custom jumpshot. I think they can make this technology for you to stand in front of your gaming system, simulate your own jumpshot, and use it in MyCareer.

4. In MyCareer and MyGM, be able to answer media questions through your Connect/PS EYE. Custom answers with filtering curse words.

# 115 dj123456705 @ 01/25/14 02:38 PM
I would tweet this wishlist to Ronnie or 2k developers, but I don't have a twitter so if someone can do this for I will appreciated it. Here's my wishlist for 2k15

1.BETTER SOUNDTRACK (No more one person picks the songs mess. Bring in variety of music like it was in 2k10 & 2k11 with new, underground & up & coming artists)
2.Save rosters on harddrive
3.Have college players that declared to go to the NBA can be imported
4.Bring crew mode on the PS4 & xbox 1 (2on2, 3 on3, 5on5) be allow to play on hardwood floors & the park with fouls and keep record and allow 10 player in a crew
5.More signature skills
6.Bring in all teams that won the champion as historic teams
7.Bring in more international teams & NBA Hall of Famers
8.Bring back the D-league for the my GM & franchise mode
9.Crew mode tournaments or season mode
10.Allow to buy a single & international players on myteam
11.ADD THE MAIN PARKS IN THE US to be available to play on and NOT just one
12.LET PEOPLE CUSTOMIZE THEIR FACE & FEATURES

# 116 jkpotter @ 01/25/14 02:46 PM
Teams I want to be added: inside () is the player I want most from that team
1. 1990-91 Indiana Pacers (Reggie Miller)
2. 1990-91 Philadelphia 76ers (Charles Barkley)
3. 1961-62 Philadelphia Warriors (Wilt Chamberlain)
4. 2002-03 Los Angeles Lakers (Kobe Bryant & Shaq)
5. 2005-06 Seattle Supersonics (Ray Allen)
6. 1968-69 Baltimore Bullets (Wes Unsled)
7. 2002-03 Orlando Magic (Tracy Mcgrady)
8. 1970-71 San Diego Rockets (Elvin Hayes)
9. 2003-04 Minnesota Timberwolves (Kevin Garnett)
10. 2000-01 Toronto Raptors (Vince Carter)
11. 1977-78 San Antonio Spurs (George Gervin)
12. 2000-01 Sacramento Kings (Chris Webber)
13. 2003-04 New Jersey Nets (Jason Kidd)
14. 1990-91 Phoenix Suns Roster (Kevin Johnson)
15. 1972-73 Kansas City-Omaha Kings (Tiny Archibald)
I'm gonna stop the list at 15 because I doubt they will add more, or any where near 15 teams

But if they do add more, here are some more suggestions
1. 1967-68 San Francisco Warriors (Nate Thurmond)
2. 2006-07 Houston Rockets (Yao Ming)
3. 1958-59 Minneapolis Lakers (Bob Pettit)
4. 1953-54 Minneapolis Lakers (George Mikan)
5. 2003-04 Detroit Pistons (Rasheed? Ben Wallace? Billups? Idk I just want the Team)

As for MyTeam
I really want them to add an Auction House feature like the one in forza, or at least at the ability to trade
And keep the Legendary Team packs IF you keep the pack prices so damn high.

Personally I want them to remove legendary team packs and lower prices in general
It honestly takes the fun out of opening packs, and I get more excited getting some scrub from the 91 bulls to finish off my collection than I do when I actually get Jordan (because I know I'm getting him once I get that scrub)
It feels like pack openings are a lot more boring than Xbox 360 Pack openings
None of the XB1 pack openings have gotten me nearly as hype as getting Iverson in 2k13

MyTeam points are fine, but I think it would be cool if you could purchase them with $$$ for less, because they are only usable in one gamemode :P

# 117 finnblake @ 01/25/14 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan2013
1. Ability to shoot around Pre-Game on MyCareer. Put on a Dunk Show, or get a few shots off.

2. The ability to move a teams location in MyGM. They have this in Madden, even though it happens more often in the NBA than the NFL. Also the ability to create new jerseys and use a MyCareer player in MyGM.

3. Using XB1 Connect or PS4 Eye, be able to create your own custom jumpshot. I think they can make this technology for you to stand in front of your gaming system, simulate your own jumpshot, and use it in MyCareer.

4. In MyCareer and MyGM, be able to answer media questions through your Connect/PS EYE. Custom answers with filtering curse words.
The first one is right on. As a loading screen this should be in the game.

# 118 Smirkin Dirk @ 01/25/14 08:52 PM
In terms of gameplay, this cant be considered a next gen game until the player physics and passing is dramatically improved.

1. Physics- too much reliance on canned animations. Not enough dynamic interaction that factors in size, speed, momentum etc.

Also Its impossible to move in traffic with precision. Watch Reggie Jackson or Andre Miller use a pick. They position their bodies at angles which give them options. Cant do this in 2K. FIFA does an ok job at this with precision control modifiers.

2. Passing- Has never been improved (except for the bounce pass). Its crap. Floaty, slow. It kills ball movement.

# 119 sirfreshalot718 @ 01/26/14 12:26 AM
1. Give us the option for home and away accessories, like we can choose what colors to wear home and away also for shoe the way you guys put it for Lebron and most players in next gen.

2. Fix the ai teammates in my career have two options for tendencies one for when your playing and simulation because I'm tired of them being wide open and not shooting, but the opposing CPU your facing is launching threes all game.

3. The same way you guys mixed created players with players in real life in auto generate rookies give us that option for myplayer let me mix and match with who I want in the nba to make him look atleast decent and not like a fool with the hairstyles which don't fit certain characters

And one more thing with mycareer if we can't select jerseys when it's key games or like games with meaning like Veterans Day and st. Patricks atleast let the ai of the game know it's the game being played on that day so we can wear the jerseys if we cannot select in the future or give us the same menu when selecting teams for mygm so we can choose jerseys idk why that's so hard

# 120 Raw Energy @ 01/26/14 10:08 AM
undrafted or late 2nd round pick

more voices

show the coach of the team when you selecting new teams along with play style of team to help make better decision.

either ability to pick any jersey in my MC or the cpu random select every game from all jerseys

ball movement

OFF Bball movement if i want to be next RIP or Reggie Miller i should b able to .

Add moor names

RaOmari Dey
RaOmari Dey

I'll settle for Omari

multiple MC

No lag

RaOmari Dey
RaOmari Dey

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.